Chapter 1: Payment

Chapter 1: Payment

A Chapter by Mr. Enforcer
"

Disagreements over a late payment cause the Problem Solver to have to resort to unsavory tactics.

"

Chapter 1: Payment


2006, Albany, New York


“Sheriff, clearly you don't understand the situation here, you can't take this to the Magister, because he is not a concern to me, he has no jurisdiction over my work, his concern are not with matters like this, matters like this are,when brought to my attention, my concern”.


The Problem Solver didn't take kindly to payment being late...


Sheriff: “You didn't fulfill my exact instructions!”


Solver: “Nor did I have to, you came to me with your problem, I took care of said problem, how I accomplish that goal is not your concern”.


Sheriff: “I hired you to take care of this, yet you did so with far too much blood!”


Solver: “What I did, was stop the police coming down on this establishment, which would have not only have undermined what the Authority has recently accomplished, making us somewhat accepted in the world, which would have in turn produced severe consequences for you”.


Sheriff: “Whatever your reasoning is, I won't be paying you the full sum of our agreed payment”.


Solver: “You WILL pay it”.


Sheriff: “You're in my town, what I say goes, understand”.


The Solver could see out of the corner of his eye, several of the nightclub's security approaching him.


Solver: “That is your choice, I guess I will just have to inform her Majesty that one of her Sheriff's does not have the honour with which to fulfill his commitments”.


Sheriff: “What do you mean?”


Solver: “I guess I'll also have to tell her that she can inform the Authority that I have not been paid for my services, despite the fact that according to their orders, that one in my position's fees are non-negotiable”.


The Solver went to leave...


Sheriff: “Wait, wait, fine, let me get your payment”.


Solver: “I'm not without reason though, I would accept one of your rare blood vintages as part payment as well, in fact, her Majesty asked me if I would pick up one from you while I was down here, since it would likely have cost much of my fee, I will take it as part of my fee as well...”


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


**Outside**


*On the phone* Solver: “It's me, yes it's been taken care of, they were... difficult to deal with, but no more than usual.”


“Yes, I got that as well, no need to worry yourself, your Majesty...”


The Solver got into his waiting car, leaving the two remains of the Sheriff's vampiric goons behind him...




© 2013 Mr. Enforcer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on December 10, 2011
Last Updated on February 19, 2013
Tags: True Blood HBO New York Problem


Author

Mr. Enforcer
Mr. Enforcer

Craigavon, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom



About
I'm a 26 year old from Northern Ireland, I've been writing stories from as long as I can remember. I take inspiration from all forms of entertainment, particularly Movies, TV and Gaming. more..

Writing