Chapter 2: Royal Blood

Chapter 2: Royal Blood

A Chapter by Mr. Enforcer

Pulling up outside the mansion grounds just like he had done for the last several centuries, in whether it be a Horse and Carriage, a Ford Model T, or a Ferrari Enzo like today, the Solver always remembered the strange sense of dread he felt the first time he came to this old mansion, how times have certainly changed since then though.


But as usual, there was the small matter of protocol...


Guard: I.D. Sir.


Solver: Seriously Bernard, do we have to do this every time I show up here?


Guard: You know the rules Sir.


The Solver certainly did know the rules, and he was wise enough to know to follow them, he knew full well about the Queen's recent weapon acquisition for her guards, M-16's loaded with wooden bullets complete with a silver core, the Solver may have been fast, but even he wasn't fast enough to avoid a speeding bullet.


Although the Solver had never found out where she got the weapons from, although he suspected the Authority may have had a hand, knowingly or not...


Showing the guard his I.D., the Solver entered the mansion grounds.


The mansion was quite a place, a Revolutionary era former Colonist mansion, granted, it's appearance may have changed somewhat since those days, but it was still a sight to behold.


***The Solver knocks on the door***


He was greeted at the door by one of the Queen's many human servants, or playthings, whichever you prefer... This one being a 19 year old Hispanic man.


Servant: Ah, good to see you back Sir.


Solver: I'm sure you are, the Queen around?


Servant: I'm told she's in her room Sir, I was told she was sleeping.


Solver: Sleeping? It's only 2am, surely not.


Servant: It is her Queendom after all Sir...


Solver: I am aware of that, please go inform Her Majesty that the Problem Solver is here.


Servant: Sir, I don't think it's wise to disturb Her Majesties sleep.


Solver: It's also not wise to answer back to me young human, do I make myself clear?


Servant: Y...yes Sir...


The servant went upstairs.


5 minutes went by though, and still no word, from the servant, or the Queen...


Solver: Guess I'd better go up there myself, like I should have to begin with...wait, I almost forgot...


The Solver remembered the vintage blood he got from that club he just came from.


Walking up to the Queen's room, all the Solver could hear was a creaking sound, and slight groans of pain, or pleasure...


Solver: Seriously, what was I thinking, oh well, guess we'll have to glamor another one tomorrow...


Reaching the Queen's room, the creaking got louder...


The Solver knocked on the Queen's door.


No answer...


Again he knocked, again no answer.


Solver: Oh boy...


Opening the door was a danger in itself, for some reason the Queen had lined the door frame with silver, why the Solver didn't know for sure.


The Solver opened the door, but quickly had to dodge a dagger flying past him and sticking in the wall next to the door...


“I seem to remember giving the order I was not to be disturb... Oh, it's you, I'm sorry!”


Solver: You didn't seem to mind the last disturbance before this...


On the bed laid the Queen, well, more rather her wearing little more than a half open dressing gown, on top of the servant the Solver sent up before, blood trickling down his neck.


Queen: Not at all, in fact I'm glad you sent this one up here, young and exquisitely tart...


Solver: Not really what I had in mind when I sent him up, but still, whatever makes you happy your Majesty.


Queen: You've had a long journey, sure you don't want to try some?


Solver: I've something much better, you specifically asked me to get one for you.


The Solver produced the bottle of vintage blood, and he could see The Queen's eyes light up...


Queen: Oh yes, thank you.


Solver: No need to thank me, as I said, anything for you your Majesty...


Queen: Ha Ha... Go on, run along now young one...


The servant got up off the bed, understandably weak.


Solver: I suggest the transfusion unit in the basement, if there's any of your blood type left down there.


Queen: Don't worry, I only take my drink warm...


The servant left, shutting the door behind him...


Queen: I hope you kept that warm as well.


Solver: Of course...


The Queen got up off the bed, and walked over to her dresser.


Queen: Ugh, I look a complete mess.


Solver: …


Queen: You can speak your mind, I won't bite, well, not you at least...


Solver: Did I come at a bad time?


Queen: Hee Hee, it's never a bad time for you to show up here.


Queen: But anyway, how did the job go?


Solver: With difficulty, the Sheriff of that district isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.


Queen: Really? How so? Did I make a mistake putting him in charge?


Solver: Not in terms of making money for your Queendom your Majesty, just he seems to forget that even when I'm in his district, I don't have to follow his rules, and that he hires rather, for lack of a better term, young and incompetent security.


Queen: I trust you drummed these facts into his head?


Solver: Not while I was in the club, but I'm sure the mess in his parking lot right now might have been a good hint...


Queen: Ha, maybe I should look into replacing him.


Solver: I'm not sure that would be wise your Majesty, as I said, he's good at making money for the district and for your Queendom as a whole, it would be hard to find someone as good.


Queen: Very well, I trust your judgement, but he's on probation.


Solver: Very good your Majesty. That being said, maybe I should leave to your sleep.


Queen: It's only 2am, besides, I have no intention of sleeping while you're here, now, where's that blood your brought me, it's getting cold I'm sure...


The Solver turned around to pick up the bottle, and as he turned back, a dressing gown landed on his head...


Queen: It's always good to see you Thomas...


Solver: Likewise your Majesty...



© 2012 Mr. Enforcer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on January 17, 2012
Last Updated on April 15, 2012
Tags: True Blood HBO New York Problem


Author

Mr. Enforcer
Mr. Enforcer

Craigavon, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom



About
I'm a 26 year old from Northern Ireland, I've been writing stories from as long as I can remember. I take inspiration from all forms of entertainment, particularly Movies, TV and Gaming. more..

Writing