Epilogue

Epilogue

A Chapter by Haimaii

Epilogue

I look at the calendar, Geirolf and Sheila should be arriving today.

‘Sweety, how late will they be here?’ I ask.

‘Should be any minute’ Dean responds from the bedroom.

It is at this moment that I hear a knock on the door.

‘Is that uncle G and aunt S?’ our son asks.

I nod as I rush towards the door, correcting my cheap dress as I go. But when I open the door, it is not what I expect. Two young women stand in the doorway with a man behind them.

‘Can I help you?’ I ask, but then I recognize them.

I see that same fire in their eyes as I saw so many years ago. They drop two bags to the ground, both the size of a head and smelling of death. It doesn’t take long to realize whose remains are in those sacks.

Dean comes running around the corner, and quickly grabs a sword when he sees the intruders. He rushes forward to protect me, but is hit with an arrow to the shoulder. Even with this wound he does not back down. He fights valiantly before being cut down. A sword pierces my chest, and blood begins to flow from my open mouth. I look at my child, who is hiding in the corner. He too will have his vengeance. And thus, a cycle of death begins.

I collapse into my favourite chair.

One of the women looks at my son with disgust, ‘We’ll let the villagers pick him up’.


© 2017 Haimaii


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on January 28, 2017
Last Updated on January 28, 2017


Author

Haimaii
Haimaii

Netherlands



About
I write stories in English as a hobby. Although I'm not a native speaker, and grammar mistakes can be made, I enjoy writing and shall continue doing so. If you have any ideas or tips for me, please .. more..

Writing
The Start The Start

A Chapter by Haimaii