Oblivion: The Sleeping Ink

Oblivion: The Sleeping Ink

A Story by Mr. Malarkey
"

When some things begin, others end

"
Here we are again. Two whole months since this all began. Drastic changes implemented, a personal world unmade and reborn, and a personal evolution occurring. When something begins, something else ends. This is the mark of difference between before and now: The sign that change has occurred. The outcome is different, times have changed and with it, so has life.

Change is evolution.

The lifestorm has ended, and now I stand as a different person from before I began this journey. If I am different, then what has changed? That's a long list. One change that I have noted is the drying of my pen. The ink does not run as frequently as before, and with it, my words become fewer and farther in between. It goes all the way back to why I originally returned here.

My poetry is like a flower that requires specific conditions to grow and bloom. The changes in my life have changed my outlook on many things, and some of those conditions are no longer being met, hence why I feel the lack of motivation to let my creative flow run wild. I did not know who I was. I wrote to convey my life and feelings into scenarios which were reflections of my reality. Words would take away my pain, solidify my beliefs into something tangible, and burn away the seemingly infinite time I possessed then.

Fast forward to now.

At first I had no time. This was true. But now that I have all the time in the world, I feel no desire to write. I feel happy with who I am now, and do not feel the need to write. It was my escape, and as of now I have no need for this escape. It's simply how life is for me now and I have accepted it. Is my pen completely dry? I doubt it, because I don't like the idea of absolutes. I have no desire to pull the plug on this a third time. My ink still exists. It simply has fallen into a deep slumber and has stopped flowing.

Will the ink flow again? Perhaps. I do not know just yet. Words are meant to be shared.

© 2020 Mr. Malarkey


Author's Note

Mr. Malarkey
Not sure when I'll write again after this. Might be a few times next week, might be months. Can't know what the future will hold until it gets here.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a great piece of introspection on life changes & how it impacts our writing life. I'm reminded of part of my writing journey -- when I stopped caring about readers' reactions & steadily wrote more & more for the sheer joy of wordplay. Maybe this "dry" spell is a necessary transition for you, between where you were & still feeling around for where you want to be. This is so important for writers to be open to (with many bemoaning writers block), so it's great for you to give such an astute description of how this process went down for you! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 24, 2020
Last Updated on September 24, 2020

Author

Mr. Malarkey
Mr. Malarkey

IN



About
I usually come on once or twice a day to post a new poem and leave a few reviews across the site. All of my work is usually based off an experience I'm facing in life during the time that poem or s.. more..

Writing