~One~

~One~

A Chapter by MrZeyad

~1~
"It isn't supposed to be like this," He says to himself. "This was supposed to be the golden summer." Our protagonist sits on his bed at 8:45 PM on Wednesday July twelfth, 2017. At this time, he's recapping his summer so far, and he comes to the realization that he hasn't done anything remarkable. Zeyad Alam sat up on his bed and took a look around. He's spent more time in his room than he has spent outside. "How did I end up like this? When will something new and exciting come along?"

He gets up and walks over to his nightstand. He locks eyes with his license photo which sticks out from the clear pocket in his wallet. He's had his license for about a whole month, yet he hasn't used it enough to justify the constant begging needed to get one. He picks up his license and says, "Boy, I don't know what I would do without you, I would just be stuck at home." This statement was clearly ironic seeing that he spends every night sitting at home and playing video games. He opens the nightstand to look through the drawer, there may be something for him to do in it. He finds a pack of smoke bombs, matches, a scorpion lollipop, rainy day funds, guitar picks, and firecrackers. His surplus of fireworks constantly grows due to the fact that he never finds time to use them (It isn't too smart to light fireworks inside). He closes the nightstand with a sigh. 

A buzz comes from beneath the covers. His phone shines through the grey comforter. Zeyad reaches for the phone with haste. Who could it be? His curiosity is met with disappointment when he finds that it was simply a Snap chat from his sister, how boring! 
"What the hell is this boring s**t," He says to himself. "Someone throw me a curve ball so that I can have some fun." Our protagonist clearly seems restless for some action, but he will soon to be careful for what he wishes for. He instantly feels a chill run down his spine and the lights flicker. The instant response to his question gets him spooked.

His phone lights up once again, only this time it isn't a snap chat from his sister. The banner on his phone says " EMMA JOHNSON- INCOMING FACETIME VIDEO" Zeyad answers. The video opens to a familiar face in a familiar background, but the background seems too familiar.

 "Zeyad!" Emma says cheerfully.

"Emma? Aren't you in New York? Where are you?" Zeyad asks.

"Look out your window boi," Zeyad opens the window and looks outside to find Emma standing in her lawn. There's a silver car parked right next to her in the lawn as well. "Come outside!" She says.

he responds with, "What, There's no way I can come outside my mom's on the other side of the hallway. Did you drive on the f*****g lawn? "

"Hahah I gotchu fam, and yes. Yes I did." She says. She opens the trunk of her silver Ford Focus and whips out a tall metal ladder. She places the ladder against the window for him to make my descend. "Climb down," she says.

Questions are running through our protagonist's mind. Why does she want him to come out this late? Didn't she just get home from travelling? What would his parents say if they found him sneaking out? Should he say no? He almost says no to Emma, until he comes to the realization that this is the excitement that he was looking for. He has no idea what Emma has in store for him, but he doesn't really care. 

Zeyad climbs out of the window and begins to mount the ladder. He takes a look towards the ground and he gains a small boost of adrenaline. By impulse, he decides to yell "F**K YEAH I'M ABOUT TO ACTUALLY BE LIVING!" He takes two steps onto the ladder until it slips from underneath. Emma attempts to push the ladder back in place, but the sudden force causes Zeyad to be launched into the sky. He yells as loud as he can and prays that he'll survive the fall. Everything is going by in slow motion. Both his and Emma's hearts are racing. This is his first time feeling the acceleration of gravity for longer than two seconds. Thankfully, his fall is caught by the trusty FORD FUCKUS. He lands on the hood of the car with a loud thud surprisingly unharmed. The ladder falls on the lawn next to the car. The Ford manages to survive the impact as well. Zeyad lays on the hood of the car for a moment and laughs hysterically. He can't believe that just happened! Emma hops into the car and starts the engine. He exits his adrenaline rush and hops into the passenger seat. 

As Emma pulls out of his driveway, Zeyad asks, "So? Where are we going?"

Emma Responds with, "I'm not allowed to tell you. I've been ordered by my superiors not
to say until we reach the destination."

"Your superiors? Who do you answer to?" he asks.

"There's a lot of things that you don't know about me, but they'll soon be answered. Hush
now, child, and take a nap. We have a long drive ahead of us."

"Wait long drive? Where are we going?" Zeyad takes a look at the clock and prays that
he'll get home before midnight.
"I said Hush." Emma reaches into the backseat of the Ford and grabs a syringe.
"Heroine?" I ask.
"Yeah," She says as she jams the needle into his neck. I slowly lose consciousness and
pass out.


© 2017 MrZeyad


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on July 13, 2017
Last Updated on July 13, 2017


Author

MrZeyad
MrZeyad

Writing
~Two~ ~Two~

A Chapter by MrZeyad