Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Ms.Rodgers

“I should probably get home.” Evan sighs stretching his arms above his head and 
checking his watch. Em looks up from her seat on the ground, her back to the couch, legs sprawled in front of her and pulls a pouty face. Evan laughs good naturedly and there’s a fluttering somewhere in my chest.
 “Fine. I’ll crash your sleepover for a bit longer.” He chuckles. Sinking back down onto his side of the couch. I curl my feet up close to me and smile. This is amazing, flawless even. Em grabs another piece of pizza from the box on the table and bites into it looking thoughtful.
 “Are you straight, Evan?” She blurts around a mouthful of cheese. I watch him choke on his answer, he coughs a little and clears his throat, a blush spreading up his neck into his cheeks. 
“Em!” I scold, the warning note clear in my voice. Em rolls her eyes 
“I’m just curious. It’s not like I’m being rude!” She sticks her tongue out at me. My face is shades of scarlet and I turn to face my palms. 
“It’s fine, Aiden. I- I don’t exactly know to be completely honest. I mean, I've only really ever been with girls, and I’m not homophobic or anything… but…” He trails off lifting his eyes up and staring at me behind those dark lashes. I bite my lower lip, half-smiling. At least he’s not completely sure, right? That’s a start at least.
“So, have you ever been attracted to a boy?” Emily asks, and I can feel my face 
turning redder by the minute. I want to hush her, but I’m curious about his answer. Evan chuckles softly, looking up from his hands.
 “You’re not blunt at all are you?” He teases smiling. Em rolls her eyes tucking a stray hair behind her ear and clambers between us on the couch. She bounces in her seat like a toddler. 
“So…?” She presses leaning in and putting her elbows on his knees. Evan leans in close to her and grabs her wrist leaning in to whisper in her ear. 
“My lips are sealed.” He winks, and stands up stretching his arms above his head. “Now I gotta get home before the rents flip out. He pats Em on the head,slipping two fingers beneath my chin he lifts my head up so we have direct eye contact. 
“I’ll call you.” He whispers his breath cool on my face. I sigh smiling as he shows himself out. We listen to the door shutting softly as he leaves, and then the obvious sound of his engine starting. 
“I like him. He’s a keeper.” Em beams scooting closer to me on the couch. And I think she just might be flawlessly right about him.
That night, it’s hard to think about anything but Evan. Em snores softly on the 
arm chair, cuddled up in a throw blanket. I lay stretched out on the couch on my back, one arm thrown carelessly over my eyes, the other resting on my chest. All I can think about his eyes and his laugh and his smile. It’s ridiculously pathetic of me. He’s just so gorgeous. I learned so much about him tonight, things that I never would have dreamed up. I never would have thought he played guitar, or that he had three older sisters all who were currently in college. I know that he didn't completely bare his soul to me, and I know that I didn't completely bare my soul to him, regardless I feel that we had a serious connection. I sigh and grope around the floor for my sketchbook, quickly locating it and a pencil. I turn to my drawing from earlier today, could it have been today that I was sitting so bored in Art class? Could it have only been today that I gave Evan Anderson my phone number? It feels like a lifetime ago.  A lifetime that I am grateful to have left behind. Suddenly, my mind knows exactly what belongs in the blank spots of the sketch. I know exactly what prince charming looks like, I have connected the name to the face.


© 2012 Ms.Rodgers


Author's Note

Ms.Rodgers
The hand pictures are becoming a trend in this story. Think I should keep it up?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Why not? This great story is unfolding like a puzzle, I think you should keep Aiden's drawings in.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 18, 2012
Last Updated on January 19, 2012


Author

Ms.Rodgers
Ms.Rodgers

Narnia



About
I write. Cause I'm cool like that. -Novel Descriptions- For Now: High school Aiden is out of the closet. An art junkie whose parents have never really been around, in High School, also referred.. more..

Writing
We Are Young We Are Young

A Chapter by Ms.Rodgers