Preface

Preface

A Chapter by DeathByChoice

     Yellow blocks spotted the dusty wooden floors of the dining room where the light floated in from the windows. A warm breeze wafted through, blowing my hair from my bows and throwing the pale red strands into my face, and making the dust from the old-fashion room spread into the air.

     My mother was in the kitchen preparing dinner, and my father was at work. I pulled out one of the high backed chairs from the table and clambered on, resting on my knees. I pulled the old candelabra towards me in preperation. Closing my eyes I grabbed one candle with both hands and focused.

     I could feel it within me; a warmth that bubbled like butterflies in the pit of my belly, stretching up into my arms and hands. I could feel it as it raised higher and higher, deep within my bones and reaching the tips of my fingers. I gripped the candle tighter and tighter until I felt like my fingers would break. I thought of the one thing I wanted to happen, thought of that and only that.

     All at once it felt as though my fingers had exploded, all the heat rushing from my body, leaving me cold and a little shaky. My fingers ached and my eyes hurt; I had been squeezing them shut harder than I thought. When all the black dots dissapeared from my vision, a triumphant smile spread widely across my face.

     The candle was burning.

     I was six years old.



© 2010 DeathByChoice


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh man, a fire starter! Someone call the fire department. Epic last paragraph, I have to say, I never expected for the candel to come ablaze. I expected her to like pray or something. See that's what I get for jumping to conclusions. Nice peice. On to next chapter. Seriously, epic hook.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Kind of interested in where this will go, pyrokenisis is possibly one of my favorite powers and think if done correctly could turn into a good story

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2010
Last Updated on August 8, 2010


Author

DeathByChoice
DeathByChoice

DeadLandHappy, OH



About
Name: Megan Dorothy Age: 16 Sexual Orientation: Bisexual Religion: Atheist Classifications: Emotional. Dark. Doesn't always play well with others. Quiet. Bipolar. Imaginative. Secluded. Independan.. more..

Writing