Karaoke is the Cure to Bordom

Karaoke is the Cure to Bordom

A Chapter by Elizebeth Davis
"

This is LA baby!

"

It was the week before the all too famous high school dance. Prom. And me and my best friend had not gotten our dresses or dates yet. We didn't really want a date actually. We were just going as our good bye to the school. We were planning on going shopping this weekend to try and find something. We were going to go to LA and walk around hoping god would give a sign showing us our perfect dress. More than likely we would end up in a thrift shop and Leighanna getting stuff to make the 'perfect dress'. Truthfully I would be fine with that happening... again. All the clothes she made were beautiful and showed off the good parts of you.

"So have you asked Becca if you can go to LA with me to get our dresses?" Leighanna asked turning around in her seat to look at me. The bell had just rung signaling for us to leave for the day.

"Not yet. But I'm sure she'll be fine with it. I'll ask her when we get to the apartment." I replied gathering my things picking them up in just a way so they wouldn't fall. She nodded her head as we walked out of the classroom towards our lockers. We came to mine first so I stopped leaving her to finish the walk to her's alone. Good thing it wasn't but a few feet from mine. I put my books in then threw my pencils in my bag grabbing it and shutting the locker door making sure the door locked. Leighanna did what she needed to do and walked back to my side.

"So Panda do you have an idea of what kind of dress you want to get?" I asked as we linked arms. This school is huge and we didn't want to get lost and lose each other.

"My dearest Katie Bug. You've known me since what freshmen year?" I nodded my head telling her she was right. "And you wanna know if I have an idea? You don't pay attention to me do you?" She said sarcastically.

"Nope not at all." Looking at her smiling she looked shocked then started laughing. We reached my car and got in throwing our school stuff in the back. Our drive home consisted of us listening to a mix cd I had made years ago and us dancing and singing along with it.

"Did Becca get off work early?" Panda asked unbuckling as we were now at the complex.

"Nah. But Caymin did." I replied entering the code to open the gate.

"Oh. When did you make this cd?" I just laughed and replied,

"Sometime in the late 90s or early 2000s." I pulled into a parking spot by my apartment and got out heading up the stairs.

...

"So can I go to LA with Panda and MAYBE spend the night to find a prom dress?" I asked Becca that night at supper.

"I don't see why not. Live a little if you want." She said noncelontly.

"I'll pass on the last part. Panda on the other hand will probably be everywhere."

"I'm sorry for being so crazy..." She said throwing up her hands at the word crazy.

"But that's why we love you. You're our little Panda Bear!" The rest of supper went along with just some pointless small talk and it was soon over. Me and my best friend went to my room and were soon ready to leave for our trip to LA tomorrow.

The next day I woke up fully awake and ready to go. When Leighanna woke up we got ready and left soon after. We decided that we would stay the night in LA and told Becca. We made to LA in normal time and spent the whole day looking for the 'perfect dress'. And yet we didn't find it. But we still had tomorrow.

"I wanna do something..." Panda whined rolling over on her bed.

"Okay. Like what?"

"Let's go out. Your sister did give us permission to do something crazy..."

"Okay... Where do you wanna go?"

"I don't know. Let's just ... you know go. Where ever our feet lead us."

"And what if where ever our feet lead us get's us lost?"

"You phone has GPS."

"Okay fine let’s go." We slipped on our shoes and grabbed our cell phones and purses making sure we both had our room key. We headed down the stairs and when we got out side we were amazed at all the bright lights.

"Man I love this city. No matter how many times I come here I never get tired of it’s beauty." Leighanna said smiling as we linked arms. We took a right and followed the lights.

"I feel like I need sunglasses." Laughing at my remark my friend agreed with me. We kept walking until we saw something that caught Leighanna's eye.

"There. That's where I wanna go." She said pointing to a Karaoke Bar.

"There? Really Panda? Why?"

"Com'mon Katie Bug! Pwease.." She gave me the puppy dog eyes and I crumbled.

"Okay fine."

"YAY!" She literally dragged me there. We found a table to sit at and ordered something to drink.

"So who are our next victims? This song's a duet!"

"She wants to sing!" Leighanna jumped up and pointed to me.

"Okay looks like we found victim number one. Who's number two?"

"What? I don't want to do this!" I said trying to keep from being pushed onto the stage.

"So who's number two?"

"He'll do it!" I saw hands pointing to someone but I couldn't see who it was. Like me he was being forced into doing this.

"Okay so let's meet our singers. So who are you?" The announcer held the mic towards me.

"Kate." I said quickly.

"And where are you from Kate?"

"Sunland."

"Okay everyone this is Kate from Sunland lets give her a warm welcome!" People started clapping and wooing.

"So who are you?" The announcer guy asked holding the mic towards the guy.

"Alex"

"And where are you from Alex?"

"Los Angeles Baby!"

"Okay everyone lets have a warm welcome for Alex from right here in town!" Everyone started clapping and wooing only a LOT more then they did for me.

"Well with out further ado Alex and Kate." The announcer guy stepped off of the stage and the music soon came on.

“There’s a song that's inside of my soul.
It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again
I'm awake in the infinite cold.
But you sing to me over and over and over again.

So, I lay my head back down.
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only yours, I pray, to be only yours
I know now you're my only hope. "

"Sing to me the song of the stars.
Of your galaxy dancing and laughing and laughing again.
When it feels like my dreams are so far
Sing to me of the plans that you have for me over again.

So I lay my head back down.
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only yours, I pray, to be only yours
I know now, you're my only hope." I sang.



© 2009 Elizebeth Davis


Author's Note

Elizebeth Davis
Sorry for the long wait... My computer got a virus and I didn't have it for a while because it was getting fixed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on September 12, 2009
Last Updated on September 12, 2009