Wordless Poetry; Ode to Confidence

Wordless Poetry; Ode to Confidence

A Poem by Nish Nish the Fish

I want to contort my body in such a way, to express my stiffness.


I want to show someone the delicate, glass-like nature of my voice, without speaking to them.


I want to show someone the warmth of my physical embrace, without touching them,

And I want them to soak in the enormous amount of happiness that I’ve collected, without ever letting them see me smile.

 

I want someone to shudder in my presence, because I have the world to offer.

 

I want them to see the sparkling crystals in my eyes that could light up a black hole, even while I’m sleeping.

 

I want to ensure someone of my stunning beauty that illuminates on the darkest of Halloween nights, while I’m wearing the scariest of masks.

 

I want someone to be aware of my artistic potential, even when my canvas is blank,

 

And I want them to know the rainbow of colors in my life, although the shirt i'm wearing is white.

 

I want people to see the flower buds that blossom with my touch, keeping in mind my lack of experience in maintaining a garden.

 

I want to think I’m pretty without being called self absorbed.

I want to feel confident without being considered as insensitive.

I want to be nice without being accused of my so called innocence.


I want to believe in science without being told that I’m going to hell.

I want to love life without being questioned about my hidden sorrows.

I want to promote peace without being called a hypocrite

 

And, I want to write a poem, without using any words.

 

 

© 2011 Nish Nish the Fish


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, this is An amazingly written metaphor that edifies the reader with inspiring effects,
I for one feel uplifted after absorbing the motivating imagery and the sense of taking control of destiny
knowing that happiness can be achevied when looking at possiblities with a positive perspective.
thanks for sharing your talent Nish

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This poem is very impressive. It is one that I would keep record of. I reallt enjoyed reading it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You continue to astound me with your masterful control of words. This entire poem is a paradox, or a mass of controversies that could never physically exist, but exist in a transcendetal state fluently and without boundaries. I enjoyed how you scribed this poem as a list, entitling the reader to question what they also want for themselves and their environment. Alliteration (in an elongated form) is the grammar term for such a writing methodoligy, I believe? Thank you for sharing :) This is definitely one for the library!

Posted 13 Years Ago


yeah this poem is very strong metaphorically. i think that's the essence of it. The last line was genius. i don't know if you realize this or not, but you're really gifted!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Lovely structure. It hardly felt monotonous. Or rather, like a monologue.
Good poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really good! I really liked the concept behind it. You conveyed that really well. I liked that every sentence started with "I want this, without that" and then the last three stanzas were a very strong fortifying ending. Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is remarkable. It is such honesty, honesty about yourself and your feelings of the world around you. I could honestly never do this, my lack of confidence is hindering. This is a truly lovely piece though. Amazing work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really like the constant use of the "I" in every sentance, i feel like you were someone quiet and didnt share your true emotions until an event may have occured that caused an explotion of u. I dig it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great Job, well done

Posted 14 Years Ago


Gahhh, I think this is one of your best pieces yet! I love the repetition of wants without seeming needy! I can feel the yearning!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow. I.am.awed. You, my fried, are an absolutely amazing writer. I have nothing else to say, other than this is going into my library.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1451 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 3, 2009
Last Updated on July 10, 2011

Author

Nish Nish the Fish
Nish Nish the Fish

Kansas City, KS



About
I feel this deserves an update..seeing as i'm no longer 16 ;) Well, of course i still love writing poetry, I'm actually in a poetry class right now! It's dandy.. I like the color red, alot. I C.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..