Bad Files

Bad Files

A Story by Mjr. Tom
"

Story for english class

"

 

 

 

 

                                    Shattered, lying on the ground. Gasping in my blood, pain shooting up my legs to my back. Unaware of the recent events that out me in my current position. I only remembered small details. Screaming… breaking of glass, and a vacant smell of rubber. Unsure of the hours that have went by I laid there, unable to see where I was and who or what hurt me this badly. Helpless, bleeding as every second passed by. Trickles of tears began to drip unto the blood stained concrete floor below me. I can’t even remember the past few days, only the memory of setting my alarm clock, preparing my clothes for the next day of my horrible job. Hearing distant shouts I attempted to hush my loud weezing. Trying with every nerve of my being to listen to the voices. “Is he still alive?!” a hoarse voice that sounded like a rather large man said. “He’s alive, only barely though” said a delicate voice of a woman. Who are they I thought, and what do they want? Passing between reality and unconsciousness, and unable to concentrate I let my mind wander.

                                   I started to think about my job, I work in a small square, in an office surrounded by other small squares or cubicles. God, thinking about it makes me sick, I hate that job I thought as I began to remember the shrill laughter of the stupid cow, Carrie, the woman that worked in the cubicle beside mine. Everyday I had to listen to her laugh as she filled her fat mouth with donuts and Little Debby treats. The last time I went to work she was eating an entire box of twinkies. The stupid fat… a loud noise broke my concentration of that horrid woman. Listening intently I could hear the delicate voice say quickly “the boss is here, make sure he is awake so he may question him.” “Right away ma’am” the deep voice replied with excitement in his voice. Stench filled my nostrils, smelled like rubber, must be the “bosses” cologne. “Is he here?!” a slightly high pitched voice asked. “Yes sir!” both voices said in unison. “Great, lets wake him” the boss muttered. Hearing the vague clicking of their shoes come closer and closer I clenched my teeth tight, afraid of what was to happen next.

 “Mr.Dotherford?! Are you awake?!” the man in charge said poking me in the shoulder, causing a wave of pain to shoot throughout my entire body. I instinctively shouted in pain. “I geuss you’re awake now.” The boss laughed in his sharp voice. “What do you want?” I managed to say. “He has no idea, does he?” whispered the woman. Slowly lifting me up I got to see my captors. The woman had long, straight light brown hair. Her hair had a few blonde highlights, her long hair wisped around her emerald colored eyes. A tight, sleek black jacket hugged her upper body, on the right pocket with held the initials J.D. To her right was a large brutish man, he had a shaved head, indigo eyes, and a noticeable scar running down his left eye. He was wearing a black wife beater with the initials D.M. on the upper right corner, just like the woman. At the end, standing closest to me was a small man, with slicked black hair and some fancy shades. He wore a black pinstriped tuxedo, and a large crooked smirk. Within his left hand was a cane, the stones ingrained in the cane glimmered in the light of this building. Looking around briefly I realized I was being held in a warehouse filled with boxes, each stamped with words from a dozen different languages.

                                       My gaze, brought back to my captors the small man began to speak. “ We have taken you here because you know something that people want. “What are you talking about” I said, staring deep into the shades looking to see where his gaze was held. Slightly frowning, the man removed his sunglasses. Revealing steely big eyes. He got closer, his cologne getting stronger, staring me in the eyes. “A while back my company was testing and another corporation discovered our little… experiment. They then hacked into our database and stole our precious data. After trying to get it back they desperately sent it out to the computers of their workers, it then got unconsciously written into your subconscious. Thankfully our best computer experts traced the info to you.” The woman laughed quietly, indicating that he was referring to her. “Before we… dispose of you, we just thought you might have wanted to know, and to see if you remembered."

  My heart began to beat so fast as if it would rip through my flesh in any second. Yelping I shouted “Please, I beg you!, I won’t tell anyone!, Don’t kill me."  The small man whispered something to the brute, intervening my desperate attempt at changing his decision. Looking up at me once more the boss said “The other corporation can easily use a machine to retrieve the data from your memory, so can the government, and we really don’t want that. Now do we?” The large man uncovered a small handgun from his pocket, gripping it with his massive hands. Leaning in the woman whispered “Sorry” in my ear “it’s just business.” As she blinded me putting a black covering on my trembling head. Now certain that this was my end I began to pray. In a mere second I heard a large crashing noise and blasts of guns in the distance. The black mask was removed from my head. Glancing up I saw an average sized man in a SWAT uniform. Looking over I saw the body of the large man and some other bodies in the distance, but no trace of the small boss man and the woman. Listening to the SWAT officer shout “No trace of the culprit and the woman sir, they escaped in the helicopter up above. Caught up in all the chaos I must have not heard the helicopter. “How are you feeling sir?!” the officer said. What’s the date I whispered, “June 16th. "Shaking my head I said, very bad now. My boss wanted some files written and finished a day ago.

© 2009 Mjr. Tom


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cool!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Interesting. Paragraphs are a must. It was sort of hard to read. A quick proof read should fix those tiny errors but otherwise I think it was very well described. Especially the first 6-7 lines. Haha I liked the ending. It sounded so casual yet so out of the ordinary. Great job =]

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow! alot going on asround the work place it sounds like.
Very well written and wonderful detail in yoru story.
Enjoyable read i must say.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 17, 2009
Last Updated on November 18, 2009

Author

Mjr. Tom
Mjr. Tom

Beaufort, SC



About
I'm Nick, a college student with my head in the clouds and my eyes set on a rose-colored future. I used to write purely from emotion, but now I seek to record the tiny worlds I often dream of day in a.. more..

Writing
Goodnight Goodnight

A Poem by Mjr. Tom



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


With Me With Me

A Story by Undying Glory