Libra

Libra

A Poem by Moonie
"

~sherbet pastel tones~

"
We argue over nonsense and sugared drinks, 
on age lines, grey hair and bathroom sinks, 
on the albums covered in sherbet pastel tones, 
and on pancake flavors and minty colognes. 
And as the wick of day grows perishingly thin, 
the cherry-cola sunshine spilling over my skin, 
your sexy side blooms in cornucopias of cuddle 
'tween licks from a strawberry milkshake puddle.
Under the love-soaked air of tulips at sunset, 
I'm struck aware of how long it was since we met. 
Age makes you look like the wizened Wizard of Oz, 
all cotton-candy haired, and wrinkled jaws,
but there was a version with dimples and rosy cheeks, 
hazel-eyed and full of acute poetic critiques.
The boy whose memories are not all gone,
he floods back at dusk and recedes at dawn.

© 2021 Moonie


Author's Note

Moonie
I don't believe in astrology (since it is a pseudoscience), but I find that the characteristics associated with the signs are interesting and poetic. I started writing this compilation of poems for the twelve signs last year, the poems are supposed to capture the aesthetic of the sign without being too cliché.
Librans are ruled by Venus. They enjoy balance, harmony and order. They are also considered to be argumentative and indecisive (some of the negative traits).

If there are any suggestions for the poem, do comment them. I would be grateful!
I'm not that good at rhyming poems so do let me know if any line seems too forced.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love this! I don’t believe in astrology either, but I also find the characteristics rather interesting. The writing, on the other hand, is truly beautiful and I find it strange I haven’t stumbled upon your work before, because it’s genuinely so beautiful. I loved reading this and the last two lines were truly wonderful. I liked how you wrote about both the bad and the good. People are usually very bias about signs. I can’t wait to read more. I’m an Aries, so I’m rather excited to read your poetry on that one as I get a bad rap for being an angry, stubborn tornado, lol. Thank you so much for sharing.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Nice title and content. I'm also fascinated by astrology. Learned something today from you.

Posted 2 Years Ago


oh my goodness, Moonie Girl!! I love this! I also do not put faith nor trust in astrology; but find it interesting and do enjoy the way it uses star formations. Reading the poem before you Note, what I saw and felt was a very sensory poem that reminds me so very much of my 50-60s youth. The cherry cola and strawberry shakes .. it endeared me and drew me into your poem. I have lots of pleasant memories of my youth .. and of course I relate to the '..cotton candy hair" :) The rhyming is very good says i ... natural and speaks in your unique creative voice ... I feel the balance in it .. and in each couplet .. the sensuality is sublime, almost cute says i .. very tasteful .. not sure who is the Libra ... could be the speaker or the lover .. doesn't matter .. you hit the main aspect of the personality you share in your Note .. well done! great use of the language .. excellent rhyming in my opinion... maybe consider separating each couplet ... i think it may punctuate each wonderful experience of all our senses .. music if by albums you mean those vinyl 33 1/3, 45s and 78s ...great closing says i .. our inner child is a precious thing .. meant to be cherished and protected .. so nice to have you back and sharing .. right here at the Cafe'
E.

Posted 2 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2021
Last Updated on December 16, 2021
Tags: Libra, zodiac, signs

Author

Moonie
Moonie

About
If you're a dreamer, come in If you're a dreamer, a wisher, a liar A hope er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer, If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire For we have some flax-golden tales to spin .. more..

Writing
Dark things Dark things

A Poem by Moonie


August August

A Poem by Moonie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


RED RED WINE RED RED WINE

A Poem by Vol