Day in the Life #4 (Club Orleans)

Day in the Life #4 (Club Orleans)

A Story by Nathan S
"

A typical day in my life - #4

"

Tonight, was the night. It was going to be our first night out clubbing as a flat. I was in my room for pre-pre-drinks (things that happened before pre-drinks). Pre-pre-drinks consisted of me having a shower, grabbing a small snack and getting ready. I wore blue tight fit ripped jeans and a plain white top. I sprayed a bit of Lynx to keep me fresh and wondered on into the kitchen.

The kitchen was messy from before. No-body had bothered to clean up anything; we were a lazy bunch. Anyway, I was the first one in the kitchen. The time was around 6:55pm, 5 minutes before the flats meeting time. I move some stuff around to make a little room on the kitchen table, throw a few things in the bin and voila, it’s clean, well cleaner than before anyway.

Now, people start arriving to pre-drinks. I think I mentioned previously that the flat consisted of me, J, O, K, E and N. Me, J and O were the boys and K, E and N were the girls. First O arrives, he says hi and I say hi back. It was kind of boring and had a weird feel with just us two. J is second to arrive. He looks like he’s already had a bit to drink. Pre-pre-drinks much have actually meant drinking for him, ha-ha. So the boys are together and eager to start what’s necessary: drinking and having fun. We don’t wait around and crack open some alcoholic beverages. By this time all three girls: K, N and E arrive together giggling like little girls about something we (the boys) didn’t want to know about.

So everyone’s there; the girls are happy bunnies and the guys are occupied. It was time to officially start pre-drinks. Everyone sat around the table while me and J poured each of the girls a shot with one hand and our personal beverages in another. Everyone now had a drink.

As we’re sat around the table we play ‘Never Have I Ever’ followed by ‘Drunk Jenga’. Let me explain. Actually, I won’t explain. It’ll just take too long. If you’re curious you can always search online for the rules and stuff. Without a doubt Drunk Jenga was the most fun to play. After a few drinks the guys were tipsy while the girls were all over the place. It was a miracle that the girls didn’t attempt to fly, ha-ha. (I don’t recommend flying and drinking. It won’t happen) So Jenga blocks are all over the floor, the kitchen is a mess with bottles and food all over the place and we decide to have one more shot each before we head out. We were going to go to club Orleans.

The 6 of us, feeling most wonderful, looking into each other’s eyes saying, ‘this is going to be awesome’, and boy let me tell you, this first night was perhaps the best night I’ve ever had in my life to date. It was unforgettable.

A taxi was called and with all the alcohol in our systems we were ready to take on the world for all its glory. We were itching to run the Olympics while feeling as calm as monks in a monastery. Anyway, enough description. Let me tell you how the night unfolded.

The taxi ride was a laugh, it was us singing pop songs throughout while the taxi driver looked at us with rolling eyes. He didn’t care much. He dropped us off outside the club and we queued up for about 15 minutes.

We were now in club Orleans. The lights, the fashion sense and the music; it was a spectacle to see. We knew at this moment, we were in for something incredible. We danced, danced and danced. We loved every minute of it. It’s difficult for me to compare it to anything. It’s something you must do and be a part of to get an understanding of what I was feeling that night. But I can tell you this: I finally felt free. No parents on my nerves, no cramming in for end of year exams, no nothing. Just pure, blissful freedom. J at this point wanted a smoke and invited me to tag along.

We pushed and squeezed our way though the crowd all the way to the smoking area. He rolled one for himself and asked me if I wanted one as well. As drunk as I was, I agreed. Both of us were there like some cop duo with cigarettes in our mouths lighting them up one by one. We inhaled, then exhaled. Inhaled, then exhaled. We inhaled and exhaled the smoke many times while we simultaneously talked about our flat and how awesome everyone was. Anyway, we both rushed back into the club as fast as I smoked my very first cigarette.

We all continued to drink and dance, and that’s all we did for another 4 hours or so. It was hectic, sweaty and down-right mental.

The night was bright, but aged. Time was ahead of us and moving at some speed. We were sobering up as well. It was time we called it a night.

We left the club and went straight to a pizzeria close by, gobbled the pizza down within minutes and called another taxi to take us back home.

The journey had a sense of calmness and peace to it. Almost reflecting on the night and what it was made to be. Anyway, we were finally home and into the safety of our flat. Morning was on the edge and we all decided not to stay up. Although J did make the suggestion, ha-ha. But goodnights were said all round and away we all went to our rooms.

As I lay in bed I thought of how incredible the day was. I was so over the moon about getting into my first pick University and was even happier about how everything was turning out to be. I could sense this year was going to be epic.

Day done.

© 2018 Nathan S


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on February 1, 2018
Last Updated on February 1, 2018
Tags: clubbing, day in the life, history, nonfiction

Author

Nathan S
Nathan S

Swindon, South West, United Kingdom



About
I'm a University graduate and up-and-coming Short Story writer. I have a collection of 1000-word 'Day in the Life' Short Stories which I will be releasing here. On a side-note I love to play the Class.. more..

Writing