Your Time to Change by Levi Levin

Your Time to Change by Levi Levin

A Poem by Levi Levin
"

This poem is for people who seem to fail much and struggle. It seems everything goes wrong sometimes.

"

I recommend listening to this as you read: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ-JDeaKaBU

Your Time to Change by Levi Levin

 

You were born in this life with many talents inside you,

Have you discovered them to this day? Sit a spell with me and listen to what I have to say.

 

Some of you grew up hearing criticism all your life that affected your mind,

These things have weighed on you, hurt you inside.

 

You don’t have to accept what people have said,

It’s just their opinion hidden in their head.

 

Rise up and make a new start,

Write down your goals determined from the heart.

 

There is nothing that can hold you back,

Keep marching on when they hate and attack.

 

You must be patient, willing to learn,

Be courageous, don’t fear making a turn.

 

Negative thinking must now go from your mind,

Positive thinking must now unwind.

 

It will not be easy as you make this change,

People may ignore you,think you are strange.

 

But the way you have been going has proved to be wrong,

Make the change today, and you will find where you belong.

 

 

© 2018 Levi Levin


Author's Note

Levi Levin
I hope this helps someone.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You and I have similar views on life and achieving those goals. Your words on positive thinking bring me a flash of the past and a book by Norman Vincent Peale. Published in 1952. I read it later.

"The Power of Positive Thinking"

Posted 7 Years Ago


Levi Levin

7 Years Ago

Thanks Willard. I like that book as well. I think I had the CD as well.
Absolutely beautiful and exactly what a reader who is down in life would love to read... I think it states the very deepest truths of life... Most of our negative thoughts are somehow created due to our past life even our childhood when we were criticised so many way and that took hold of our head in time... Then we start to believe we are not good enough and we will never achieve what we want to achieve... Your message is filled with understanding and very straightforward which I believe is very important in writings like this... Excellent work...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


Levi Levin

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much! Glad you stopped by.
It's a very fine line that separates preachy and inspirational. I often read messages such as this which strike me as being a bit too preachy for my liking. The pronoun "you" is what I object to . . . as if the message is pointed at someone, rather than being a more inclusive "we" or even humbling oneself to demonstrate a personal experience that imparts a lesson for the reader to internalize as he/she wishes. This being said, your poem here is mostly true inspiration rather than sounding preachy, becuz of your ability to speak in an upbeat way, but not annoyingly so like some can mistakenly do. I agree with every one of your detailed suggestions & (judging from the many bleak writes amongst younger folks on this website) I'm sure such an uplifting message will be helpful & welcomed. In fact, I'm going to share this with a friend that is sometimes down.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Levi Levin

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much! It's been an inspiring poem to many looking for some encouragement:)
Beautiful poem. After years of listening to negativity, it can be hard to overcome the voice in your head. You really have to retrain the way you think and guard your mind to keep that kind of think from returning.
Thanks for the inspiring poem and the friend request :-)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Levi Levin

7 Years Ago

Your welcome. Thanks for stopping by!
Great read. Everything about this hits so close to home and the new path that I'm on. 35+ years of not truly being present. I know I'm on the right path now.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Levi Levin

8 Years Ago

Sounds great! Glad you found it. Coyote poetry writes some great poetry on here also.
I really, really like the message that you're sending. It inspired me! :D Great job, keep up the great work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Levi Levin

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much. I have began working on a new book with this focus in mind. I look forward to giving.. read more
I love the beautiful positivity you try to bring out in whoever you were writing this from. I love it :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Levi Levin

11 Years Ago

Ashley, I feel honored to have you as a new reader...hope you come back:)
Ashley

11 Years Ago

Of course I will! :)
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
A very inspiring one :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Levi Levin

11 Years Ago

Mary...thank you so much..I thank you so so much!
Mary Christabel George

11 Years Ago

:) You are welcome Levi :)
thank you. It has. Well done, friend.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Levi Levin

11 Years Ago

Thank you my dear friend, I appreciate you:)
Oh goodness I loved this! I certainly believe this will help someone. Life can be very difficult at times, but if you give out positive feelings, that's sure to be what you get in return. Thank you for leading me to such a wonderful piece of literature. Very well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Levi Levin

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much. I appreciate ye:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1570 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 6, 2013
Last Updated on September 28, 2018
Tags: success, help, depression, poetry, life, love, Matt Shapiro

Author

Levi Levin
Levi Levin

About
Writer/Poet/ .resBarOuter {width:75%;height:15px;padding:0;margin:0;background:#eee;border:1px solid #000;text-align:left !important;position:relative;} .resBarInner {text-indent:-9999px;heig.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..