Chapter One.

Chapter One.

A Chapter by Vanessa
"

R&R. (:

"

In early autumn of two-thousand ten, hearts beat quickly at the same pace as they ran from the police. The girl is crying and hopelessly mumbling to the boy, "They're going to get us...” Rain was flooding the streets of Downtown Tampa, sirens rang throughout the air. The boy was determined to keep her safe; he wrapped his arms around her as they virtually disappeared. They reappear on top of one of the skyscrapers.

                "Are you okay, Nelly?" The boy looked at her concerned; he moves both his hands to each side of her face. His touch was gentle, her blood rushed to her face. She's never had someone care so much.

                "Yes, I'm just really tired." She murmured breathing heavily, looking into his light brown eyes for a second before continuing, "Why did you hurt that innocent old man? He was just trying to cross the street."

                "For fun, of course." He gave a famous smirk, though this girl knew only of his brother, he had some feelings for her. From what his brother told him about her, she's a goody-two shoe who always got mixed up with troublesome guys.

                "I forgot to ask, who are you?" Her hazel eyes sparkled with curiosity that he could not turn away from. She was just his type.

                "Zayne. I'm Zack's little brother and since I'm such a great guy, I'd like to know if you'll be my girl." Zayne gave her a wink and a flashy smile that girls usually can't resist.

                "Didn't you date my best friend Scarlett about two months ago?" She knew the answer to her own question, but she gave him her best poker face.

                "Yea-" He was quickly cut off.

                "Then, no!" She answered abruptly and continued, "She said you tried getting her in bed with you!" Her face was full of disgust and anger.

                "Dinner on me, then?" It was as if he had not heard a word she just said, meaning he wasn't taking no for an answer and Nelly always liked that in a guy. He wanted her to be his.

                "Sure." She gave him her infamous smirk; Nelly loved playing this game of cat-and-mouse. Zayne was as happy as a child who just got ice cream from the ice cream truck.

                "My place, seven. Be there." He gave her a wink & she was in her room alone. She looked around as if to believe it, and then takes a glance at the clock.

                'Plenty of time', she thought to herself as she changed, she was wearing a damp black Invisible Children tank top and grey skinny jeans into a red spaghetti strap with tiny rose diagonally circling around it and medium blue skinnies. She couldn't do much with her mid-neck brown hair, so she just clipped in a small silver butterfly clip. She jumps into her 2000 Honda Civic to head to her best friend Rose's house to pass the time by. Rose was already outside with her dog Romeo to greet her.

                "Hey girl!" She smiles, the girl's lip ring raises as she pulls her lips into a smile as well. Nelly places her car in park then turns off the car & gets out.

                "Got a hot date tonight, huh?" Rose smirks, her light green eyes made a wink, her hair was as dark as night. Nelly just nodded, Rose's sighs with envy. "I wish I was as pretty as you... But you need to let your hair grow!" The two of them giggled the afternoon away until...

                "Oh my gosh! I've got to go! I'll talk to you later." Nelly runs out of there, gets into her car, revving the engine, backing out and speeding to Zayne's house. Once she gets there, she parks and turns off her car. He heads over to the door; the door looked like it could have been from the 1800's. As she was about to knock, she heard a familiar voice shout.

                "Hey! You're late." Zayne smiles sweetly then winks. He continues, "Ready to go?" He was leaned up against his white '93 Honda Accord; it looked like the work of a professional. She just nods, walking down & gets into his car. Zayne starts up his car, but doesn't move. "I forgot, put this on." Nelly looks at him curiously, he hands her a blind fold with a big grin upon his face. She was suspicious, but she didn't question him as she put it on. She felt the car move and the screech from the tires as they sped off. The ride to where ever was pretty silent, Nelly decides to enter Zayne's mind.

                She...beautiful...wait...Cafe... was all she heard before she was completely blocked out of his mind. A smirk grew on to Zayne's face, before he had a secret thought, she’s a clever one, and I’m going to have to keep my guard up for this one...

                Why did he do that and how? He's hiding something and I'm going to find out just what it is.

                Zayne shakes his head, "I don't want you snooping through my private thoughts, and you might find something’s that will make you tackle me. How? I'm not going to tell you and I highly doubt you will, considering I am older than you." Answering all her unspoken questions, eventually the car comes to a stop. "We're here, dear."

                Nelly rolls her eyes and takes off the blind fold; there we're clusters of stores and restaurants. Zayne guides her to her favorite cafe in town, Gus' Cafe, Nelly gasps in amazement.

                How did you know? She thought, gazing up at the sign.

                I have my ways of finding out things, now let's get inside. He gives her a wink and leads her inside.

                They order one spaghetti and two lemonades; their conversations were light-hearted and easy going. Nelly was pleased with this, she actually began think of him as more than a friend. She questioned him about the spaghetti, why one and not two?

                "Oh, that? Nothing."  He begins to eat, and then she follows his lead. Everything finally felt right in the world; Nelly looked into Zayne's eyes. Those amazing chocolaty-brown eyes, in which she wasn't usually attracted to. After they finished, Zayne paid the check and they headed out. "We still have time; do you want to go to a near-by carnival? It's so close that we could walk there."

                "Yeah!" Nelly cheered then giggles, "What are we waiting for?" Zayne nods, putting his arm around her waist, kissing her head gently. Her face went from pale white to rosy red; he leads her to the carnival. Zayne once again pays for the both of them; they decided to go on The Zipper. It was like a fair wheel for adrenaline junkies, it was more oval than circular. The seats were caged, so people didn't fly out when the seats flipped. Zayne and Nelly hopped in; they went around about six or more times before getting off the ride. She was so dizzy that she practically fell into Zayne's arms, people though they were drunk and complained. They were asked to leave soon after, Nelly was disappointed. Zayne walks her to his car, opening her door for her then rushes to the driver's seat. They both buckle up, heading back to his house. Once there, he turned off his car and locked the doors. Zayne convinces her to stay the night, promising her to hold her throughout the night. They walk into his messy pink bedroom, the floor was covered in clothes, and CD's were everywhere. There was no bed, just a mattress.

                "Um... Nice room?" She said with a blank expression on her face, but her eyes told you they were ready to shut. Zayne's face burns with embarrassment; he wraps his arms around her waist and pulls her on to the bed. He looks down at her into her hazel eyes, stroking her cheek with his thumb; she pushes him off of her.

                "I am not that kind of girl, silly boy... But I do like to cuddle." Nelly curls up to him, he automatically wraps his arms around her.

                I don't deserve this girl, yet I have her in my embrace right now. How did I accomplish this? I don't want to hurt her, she's so fragile, yet has a fiery spirit. I've never felt this way before.. She's special and she doesn't know what kind of danger she's in. I vow to protect, even if it means hurting her if it came down to it. Zayne kissed her head tenderly; I don't deserve a love like hers... "You look so beautiful." He murmurs to her with a small grin, she was fast asleep. It wasn't the first time someone's fallen asleep in his bed, but she was the greatest one of all.

****

                It's been a couple weeks since that night, Nelly was in her suburban home and she decided to check her Facebook. She got a message from a girl she's never even seen before, "If you two are so happy, then why did he try kissing me?" It felt as if someone stabbed her in the heart, hardly able to dial his number. Why was she so hurt by this? We aren't even dating.. She thought blankly.

                "Hello?" His voice was as smooth as silk, yet it was also very tired.

                "This girl...” Nelly was cut off.

                "Say no more, I'm logging in." She could hear the anger building in his voice as he read the message and replied for her, eventually one of his older brothers got involved. Soon after, Zayne's voice got really calm. "Nells?"

                "Yes?"

                "Want to go out with me?" Zayne was excited, he really liked her and wanted her to be his. May be not forever, but for now she agreed. He hung up without another word. Nelly just smiled, turned to get up from her computer chair and bumped into someone. She looked up, gasping. They brought her into their arms, she shivered.

                "Zack, don’t scare me like that...” Zack brought one of his cold hands to a burning cheek of hers. A charming smile stretched across his face, leaning in to look at her eye-to-eye. "You look more beautiful than the last time I saw you, even if you're in your PJ's."

                "Zack! I'm dating your brother! Besides, you’re like a brother to me." Nelly takes a step back as Zack takes a step closer.

                "Doesn't mean we can't cuddle. You and I could have made it; I know you still like me. I hide inside your deepest thoughts, you wonder if we would have made it. I'm your dream guy; you just haven't realized it yet." His voice went from flirty to soft sadness, "I met you a century ago and set this curse upon you, and how I wish I could undo it.”

                She looked him in the eyes questionably, “What curse are you talking about? I’ve never heard you talk this way before.” His eyes bored into hers, as he leaned in cautiously.

                “You didn’t think seeing your family and friends grow old and die while you lived on, not aging a day, wasn’t suspicious at all?” He cleared his throat before continuing, “I was mad at you for not giving me a real chance to prove myself to you, I could treat you like a true queen. I’m sorry, Nelly...” Zack’s eyes were filled with years of pain and loneliness; he then kissed her forehead and disappeared.

                I will protect you for as long as I walk this Earth. We will break the curse, even if I’m not the one breaking it. She heard his voice in the air, blood rushed to her cheeks. Zayne suddenly appears, grinning with approval.

                “Miss me?” He looked her up and down, “I like the outfit, babe.” His lips crashed on to hers, they were thin yet soft. “You okay, Nells?” Nelly just nodded; a low growl could be heard throughout the room, one only she could hear. Zack. Guilt filled Nelly’s chest as she kissed the vampire’s demon brother, but what could she do? Days passed, Nelly’s love for Zayne grew. Zack decided to come by once again.

                “Hey there, cutie.” He gives her a wink, laughing at himself. Nelly was in a black and red cocktail dress with a rose at her hip, her hair was curled at the ends, “You look gorgeous… Where are you off to? Off with Zayne, I suppose.” He hid his jealousy well, but Nelly could see through his charade.

                “For once, no. It’s a girl’s night out.” She struggled to put on a necklace, until she felt cold hands take over. “Zayne’s staying home.” Zack knew something, but didn’t bother worrying her.

                “I could treat you so much better.” He whispered into her ear and disappears. Nelly blushed to herself; once again guilt ate at her insides until she heard a honk from Rose’s car. She ran out the door, joining Rose and two others. They headed to the club, once Nelly entered she felt watched. By whom, she did not know.

                Zack, are you here? She thought to him, looking around. He raised his glass slightly; someone then walks up to her. His hair was kind of long and black. He was short compared to Zack; Beautiful as a vampire yet had a puppy-like appearance.

                “Hello, my name Shadow. Your name is…?” His hand lifted hers to his lips, he was quieter then she could have ever imagined. She was worried, feeling as if she were being stabbed in the stomach with a stake.

                “Nelly…” Her voice was distant; he could see something was wrong. “I’m sorry… I-I’ve got to go.” She ran out of the club, little did she know that Shadow was Zack’s best friend. He knew exactly who she was, but has the belief that she’s too good for him.

                “Hey! What was that all about?” Zack appears behind her, placing his hand on her shoulder. “I thought you were having fun…”

                “I have a horrible feeling about tonight…” Nelly looked as if she were about to break down crying, Zack pulled her into his arms.

                “I’ll walk you home…” Zack picked her up bridal style, by walk he meant fly. “Sorry, I’m not as modernized like Zayne is.” One of his famous grins plastered on his face, they took off into the sky. Nelly felt invincible; flying was an experience no one could deny. She felt a buzzing in her pocket, receiving a text.

                No. She thought as she read the message.



© 2011 Vanessa


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on April 28, 2011
Last Updated on April 28, 2011
Tags: love drama


Author

Vanessa
Vanessa

Tampa, FL



About
hi, the name's nessa. i found out about this website through my friend Justin Street. after you check out my works, i highly recommend you go check out his works. you won't be disappointed. (: Don't.. more..

Writing
four years four years

A Poem by Vanessa


lost. lost.

A Poem by Vanessa