Chapter Two.

Chapter Two.

A Chapter by Vanessa

Dear diary,

I know I haven’t written in you in a while, but I thought now was a good time to start again. I received a text from Zayne last week; the subject was ‘Sorry in advance.’ I was puzzled at first, but once I opened to see what it was about… my world crashed, I read… ‘Babe, we’re over.’ I felt so much hate and anger towards him that night. Before that, he was talking marriage and how he would never hurt me. How did this happen? In other news, Zack’s been watching over me, making sure I didn’t do anything too irrational. Until next time.

-Nelly.

                Zack was sleeping on her bed; he knew she wouldn’t be sleeping that night. Nelly wasn’t used to his constant presence, but on the other hand, she loved his company. It was in a way comforting to say the least. She walked up to her bed; he lay there so very peacefully. Nelly knew not to touch him while he slumbered.

Zack was in front of her sleeping in his bed; Nelly ran her hand down his cheek gently. He awoke quickly and had her to the ground in lightning speed. His hand was at her neck, eyes were blood red looking into Nelly’s hazel ones. Her eyes always made him melt into a puddle of love. He brought his hand away from her neck and wrapped his arms around her.

“I’m so sorry, Nelly… Please never do that again…” He cooed to her softly. Nelly just nodded, giving him a hug.

Zack awoke, letting out a groan as he stretched. Nelly sat next to him, giving him a genuine smile. He grinning as he got up, motioning for her to sleep. She lies down, drifting to sleep. Zack slips a blanket over her, kissing her forehead before slipping into the shadows. It’s the middle of the night when Shadow slips through her window silently. He touching her cheek, he whispers ‘You will be mine.’ then disappears. Zayne runs his hand through his hair in his home, thinking, ‘I love her, it’s for the best that I let her go.’ Nelly awoke in sweat, gasping. Zack springs out of the shadows, wrapping his arms around her. His mind came to one thing, his brother. Jealousy struck him, but he was determined to make her happy.

“You okay?” He kept his voice low. Zack was a hard catch, but if Nelly wanted him, he’d be right at her door. “It’s because of him, isn’t it?” He tried his best to hide the hurt in his voice, she just nodded blankly. A moment passed, he decided to break the silence. “I knew what he was going to do…”

“Why didn’t you tell me?! I trusted you!” She snapped at him, her voice cracking a little, and trying to hold back tears. Her arms pushed in failed attempts to get him away from her.

“I was protecting you! Get a hold of yourself! He didn’t care for you like I do! You’re just another girl to him; he would have dumped you sooner or later.” A growl rippling through his throat, gripping her shoulders as gently as he could. Nelly’s shoulders slumped, but they were still tense. Always were, as far as Zack could remember.

“I-I’m sorry…” Nelly admitted in a somber tone.

“You should get back to bed, you have school tomorrow and you need sleep, Princess.” Zack smirks, knowing he had just won. Nelly nods and lies back down, tucking her in. “You’ll find someone better… I promise.” She was fast asleep by the end of his sentence. Zack ran a hand through her hair, whispering, “I hope it’s me…” A grim look came across his face before heading off to bed; tonight he lied next to her. He drifted quickly into a peaceful night of sleep.

Nelly awoke to the morning sun’s rays beaming into her eyes. She got up and went to her closet getting dressed. She wore a black tank top, black skinnies, and black converse. She checked the time; rushing into the bathroom to brush her hair and teeth.

“Zack!” She yelled out to him.

“Mmm... Two more minutes,” Zack mumbles, still stuck in his dream world.

“Zack!” She repeated, this time rushing into the room; shaking him awake. He gave a low growl before realizing what exactly was going on. He gave her a charming grin, waiting for an explanation that he knew the answer to. He was shirtless with black pants on.

“Let me guess, speed?” Nelly nodded frantically, it wasn’t the first time she’s asked for some of his powers. “You’re about to be late and I need some food, let’s make this quick. Shall we?” She shivered at the thought of him feeding. He took her hand, it began to glow a little then it stops.

“Thanks Zack! See you later!” She exclaimed, rushing out the door at lightning speed. Zack gave a smug look like he accomplished something.

Now, time for some breakfast. Zack thought to himself, he changed into black skinnies with a black and green shirt.

Nelly was fifteen minutes late, whereas if she didn’t have the speed, she would have been an hour late. The only seat available was next to a guy with short black hair and puppy dog brown eyes. He looks as if he has seen a ghost.

“Nelly?” He whispered during the teacher’s lecture. Nelly’s whole body tensed, no one was supposed to know who she was. She slowly turned towards the voice.

“Lyle?” Her voice was inaudible to the human ear, she looked passed him as if he wasn’t there. She couldn’t believe he was there.

“Princess, you haven’t aged a day.” Nelly got up and was gone before he could blink again. She was off to the bar Zack usually went to for his daily snacks, once she was there, she found that he had left already.

“He works fast.” She murmured to herself, looking lost in this bar looking similar to Hooters to her. She wandered until a drunken middle-aged man grabbed her hand.

“Hey there, sexy.” He managed to slur out of his beer coated mouth, “How about you and I have some fun tonight?” Winking at the word fun, he sent shivers of disgust down her spine.

“How about you forget about it?” She snapped at him, as she turned to walk away, he gripped on to her wrist roughly.

“You’re not leaving!” The man argued, she squinted in pain. The pain was suddenly gone and she heard a loud crash of shattering glass. She opened her eyes to see a man in his early twenties, about Zack’s age without centuries attached. He knelt down in front of her, holding a hand out.

“Are you okay? That man clearly doesn’t know how to treat a lady, a pretty one at that.” He winked kindly, blood rushed to her cheeks. “I remember you! You’re the girl who ran out of the club about two months ago.” He spoke with soft joy, smiling at her the way Zayne used to, with so much love for her. “Not to ruin the mood or anything, but I think we should be going.” They run outside together and they spent the next week together. Their friendship grew quickly into love and Shadow took his chance to be with her. Two days later, Zayne was on her Caller ID, she answered cautiously.

“Hello?” Her voice quivered with hurt.

“Hey Nells, can we talk soon?” Zayne was calm, nothing wrong in his voice.

“Sure, why not?” She curiously thought, why now?

“See you in a little bit.” He was happy now, am I dreaming right now? *Click*

“My brother, huh?” Zack was shirtless; hair was a mess, and strolling into her room. He didn’t take the Shadow news very well when she told him. His voice was filled with hurt, “Why did you say yes?” He was in need of his bad habit. “Can we…”

“Take a walk? Sure.” Nelly put on some shoes, following Zack outside. He was now lighting up a cigarette, his light green eyes gleamed in the sunlight. Zayne arrived with glazed brown eyes, he walked slowly.

“Long time no see; I got this for you before you decided to dump me. Happy belated birthday.” She handed him a chain necklace, he suddenly pulls her into his arms.

“You remembered? You always did know me so well. You’ve become more beautiful than ever before.” He whispers in her ear. A growl rippled through his brother’s throat. Nelly broke out of Zayne’s clutches.

“Erm… What should we do now?” She asked them, trying to lighten the mood. Zack understood her and tried composing himself.

“How about the lake?” Zayne suggested with a smug look on his face, Zack slams him to the ground with his hand at his neck. “What did I do?”

“I know what you’re planning on doing and it not going to happen.” Zack snaps at him, a loud growl rippling through his throat. Nelly calls out to Zack for him to stop and let go, he does as she commands. Zayne stands up, brushing dirt off of himself as the three of them head to the lake. They sat on a swinging love seat, watching the sun set.

“Want to sit in my lap?” Zayne smirked at Nelly confidently, she shook her head. “Suit yourself.” He waited a little longer before forcefully pulling her on to his lap; she couldn’t escape, he was too strong. Eventually, he decided to take his leave.

“I must say farewell for now.” Mocking Zack, he leans in, kissing Nelly’s cheek. It felt as if the devil was being dipped into holy water. He ran off, leaving only Zack and herself. She rubbed her cheek furiously.

“He knows I’m dating Shadow, he’s such a jerk!”

Possession doesn’t get cut off that easily, my dear. You’re still mine, in my eyes. Nelly could hear his voice faintly in her mind. She clenched her teeth, stalking home.

How did I ever love you? She thought to herself curiously.



© 2011 Vanessa


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on April 28, 2011
Last Updated on April 28, 2011
Tags: heartbreak love triangle


Author

Vanessa
Vanessa

Tampa, FL



About
hi, the name's nessa. i found out about this website through my friend Justin Street. after you check out my works, i highly recommend you go check out his works. you won't be disappointed. (: Don't.. more..

Writing
four years four years

A Poem by Vanessa


lost. lost.

A Poem by Vanessa