This is not a Poem

This is not a Poem

A Poem by Neville

When I first posted in the Café way back in 2012, I never thought for a single moment that I would still be here 11 whole years later and with 136 full pages of individual scribbles to my name ..

But .. whether we like it or not, we all know deep down that nothing lasts for ever, and so

I don’t mind admitting that after much consideration, it is with something of a heavy heart that I choose now, to seriously restrict the amount of time I spend here and so without saying a final goodbye, I do bid you all a fond and long farewell ..


I do sincerely hope however, that some of you will visit my portfolio from time to time & even more so, that you will enjoy those bits you choose to open and take a peek at ..

In the meantime, for those of you that might be vaguely interested, my seventh anthology is due for publication during the first week of January 2023 ..

It is called ‘Chasing Light’ and consists of 220 individual scribbles over three hundred, or so pages  ..


The reason I mention it here though, is because all monies raised from the sale of it, will go directly towards Brain Tumour research .. and for the following reason ..

My little four year old niece Amelie, was recently diagnosed with this devastating condition almost four years to the day after her Grandmother, my sister-in-law Geraldine died of the same thing ..


Amelie has just returned to the UK from Germany where she underwent eight weeks of daily Proton Beam Therapy .. that involved up to six hours each day under a general anaesthetic, excluding time off for good behaviour at weekends .. and that was after she had had the primary tumour removed here in England .. Since then, Amelie has had lots of ups and downs as a result of post-surgical complications ..


I am therefore asking if anyone is interested in helping a good cause, then good causes just don’t get much better than Brain Tumour research, since only around 1% of all money donated to cancer charities goes to brain tumour research .. which is a scarily small figure in comparison ..


Monies from all my previous publications listed below will 


continue to be split between


other cancer charities, including breast cancer & of course, 


Mental Health ..


Turquoise & Other shades of Blue


Somewhere Behind These Eyes


Victims of Indifference


Beautiful Bruises


The Logic of Fools


Cotton Girls & Paper Chains

 

All the above are available direct from Amazon regardless of where you might live, lodge or hide around the globe .. and get this, they each cost less than four pints of English beer but will last a lot longer ..


Anyway, here’s wishing you all Peace, Love and All Good Things ..

 

p.s. if anyone does decide to obtain a copy or copies, please consider writing a review as these seriously do have an impact on sales .. Oh’ n please tell all your friends too .. Neville 😊

 

 

© 2023 Neville


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The two older charities you are supporting are close to my heart. Your new one will be too. I have some of your titles already in my library. Time to buy more I think. I don’t do goodbyes, they are far too painful. Be sure though you will be read and your presence here will be missed far more than you will ever know.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

1 Year Ago


I hope its not too late to say thank you .. thank you Chris

Neville
Chris Shaw

1 Year Ago

It’s not too late to say thank you and when I saw you posting again Neville, my face lit up big ti.. read more



Reviews

I'm filled with sadness to read this. The babies seem to suffer the worst in this world. My wife and I currently support St. Jude's which does cancer research and treatment in the U.S. My niece suffered from Hodgkin's lymphoma in her early years and had treatment there. But she is cancer free today and just recently got married and delivered her first child. My sister, on the other hand, is suffering from colon cancer and very near the end of her losing battle. The doctors at Duke have told her there nothing more they can do. She's been fighting for over five years. I'll try to check out your books. F.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

1 Year Ago


thank you for visiting this page my friend .. I am saddened by your own disclosures too sir .. read more
This saddens me more thn you could know Neville. I will certainly buy and wish all the very best to Amelie as she bravely goes forward.
And to you all the very best one of my dearest friends.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

1 Year Ago


I am magnificently honoured Ken & truly grateful .. Amelie, her mum and baby brother are all.. read more
Ken Simm.

1 Year Ago

Can't do anything at the moment Neville as I am forbidden from May own page any ideas have tried get.. read more
Neville

1 Year Ago


what the heck is going on .. I have been trying to review you but am not allowed .. keep you.. read more
The two older charities you are supporting are close to my heart. Your new one will be too. I have some of your titles already in my library. Time to buy more I think. I don’t do goodbyes, they are far too painful. Be sure though you will be read and your presence here will be missed far more than you will ever know.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

1 Year Ago


I hope its not too late to say thank you .. thank you Chris

Neville
Chris Shaw

1 Year Ago

It’s not too late to say thank you and when I saw you posting again Neville, my face lit up big ti.. read more
Fare thee well friend. I know your ache, but don't lose faith, miracles can and do happen.
While we have known each other but a short while, I am and always will be grateful for the support and friendship you offered. and for the poetry

your friend
Ken e

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

1 Year Ago


a little miracle has occurred Ken .. Amelie & her mum and baby brother are staying with me o.. read more
Will certainly miss you, N. You and Lorry have been my favorite funny Brits. Do me a favor, though, please. Don't tell Lorry I said he was a Brit.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

1 Year Ago


cheers John very kind of you .. I am back for a while maybe .. but neva fear, your secret is.. read more
Neville, you may or may not have noticed, but I no longer post any of my poems, short stories and songs here at this site (for various reasons). I am still a member, however, and I still visit from time to time. I am sorry that you too will be largely absent from WC from now on. I wish your niece well, and I applaud you for the causes you support. I know that I shall never post any of my work on this site again, but I hope to still drop by from time to time. I wish you and your loved ones a Happy New Year ~ Robert.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

1 Year Ago


I just want you to know that I have noticed Rob .. I have not been around either for a few m.. read more
I want You to know that I read this and will message You Neville 🤍

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

1 Year Ago


I know my friend and I thank you .. little Amelie and her mum are staying with me for the we.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 2, 2023
Last Updated on January 2, 2023

Author

Neville
Neville

Gone West folks....., United Kingdom



About
Sometimes my imagination get's the better of me and then the pen takes over .. more..

Writing
Wild Garlic Wild Garlic

A Poem by Neville



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hair Hair

A Poem by Einstein Noodle