You promised

You promised

A Story by NeverSurrender

Tears fell from her red, puffy eyes. The ground looked dented from when she had collapsed.
The first thing she had ever noticed about him was that he looked like his father with his hazelnut eyes and natural black hair. But he had his mother’s smile. That was what she was going to miss most… his smile… his lips... his gentle kisses.
- - -
Jade and Jason sat on the couch in his house.
They had just gone out for dinner. Jade had been delighted. Jason had brought her to the cutest restaurant ever. The waiters made her think of penguins in their black suits with white shirts. They had been very friendly, but Jade hadn’t noticed. She only had eyes for Jason. He was being so sweet, requesting the band to play her favourite song. The dinner went by quickly with music notes massaging her eardrums, Jason being the perfect boyfriend and the food like a piece of heaven on her tongue.
Now that they were back at his home Jade rested her head on Jason’s chest and Jason had his arm draped around Jade’s shoulders. He smelled her hair and smiled, for her scent was like a garden full of jasmine.
I don’t ever want this to end, thought Jade. “Promise me...” she said with a small voice.
“Promise you what?” he asked with his deep, mature voice. Jade felt his chest move when he talked.
“Promise me… you’ll never die.” She looked at him with love filled eyes.
It took him a moment before he answered. But when he did, he placed his soft lips on her forehead and whispered in her ear, “I promise.”
- - -
“You b*****d,” she said angrily while looking at his tombstone. “You jerk!” she yelled, “why did you have to leave?! WHY?” She started pounding her fists on the wet grass. Mud flew in all directions, dirtying her pants and shirt, but she didn’t care. She was angry, mad even, they had had the perfect life together. He shouldn’t have left her like this. Did he have any idea how much pain he had inflicted on her? She had loved him…
Her fists stopped and fresh tears formed in her eyes. Looking up to the sky she whispered, so softly that nobody heard “but you promised…”

© 2009 NeverSurrender


Author's Note

NeverSurrender
I had to make a story for English in the last year, and this is what it turned out to be.

Comment please =)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good job in writing in my eyes :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is amazing! I really like it. Yu have a talent to write. And It's refreshing to read something without a happy ending.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow, this is beautiful-- very moving and tragic. I love it.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 3, 2009