Global Warning

Global Warning

A Poem by Neville

Global Warning

 

The moon was

Roughly  

Blown off kilter

Like a silver white

Balloon

Torn free from a

Young child’s hand

Still clutching

Like  

Some perfect sphere

Or silver florin

Floating

Slow but high

Across the skies

Elsewhere  

A child

Is now crying huge

Pre-spring tears

Each hauled from a

Dew pit overflowing

© 2020 Neville


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"...Like a silver white
Balloon
Torn free from a
Young child’s hand
Still clutching..."

how can anyone read these specific words without being touched into their child core? tenderly, magically and sad... when You see how the world from before and now has changed, and in the same time, when You see how in this now world, under the same sky and the same moon, a child is smiling here living the innocent dream, while in another place another one is crying as his dream and pureness were torn and stolen.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

4 Years Ago

thank you so very much my luverly Friend.. what incredible insight and kindness you bestow upon thos.. read more
lightsong

4 Years Ago

You humble me with Your kindness dear Neville, Thanking You with all the good and beautiful things �.. read more



Reviews

Wow clever witty pun in title, word play, and the poem is sublime, eloquent and seems hardhitting. I love the moon mention and the fab word choice. Kudos!!!

Plz do read and comment my newest poem too .

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

3 Years Ago


not sure where to begin but I thank you kindly regardless ...
Strangely I can see this as a piece of graffitti art. Don't know if that helps but I do enjoy its deceptive childlikeness.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

3 Years Ago


makes perfect sense to this deceptively childlike kinda guy .. cheers :)

Ken Simm.

3 Years Ago

There is a difference between childlike and childish. As Paul Klee was always trying to achieve chil.. read more
Fast read. It was like riding the wind.
The words moved so fast I had to read twice to wrap my head around it.

Thank you for sharing.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

3 Years Ago


way too kind and far too generous .. but I like it my friend .. cheers
Very nice poem about the suffering of children today. I found youe words inteesting.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

3 Years Ago


.............thank you JungLee, many thanks indeed :)
NotUsinganymore

3 Years Ago

You are welcome.
I can't help but worry for the children too! Brother Nev so much growing up so much isolation the after-effects of this past year will be felt for a long time:/ let us hope that we can restore a bit of that innocence and joy as the virus winds down

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

3 Years Ago


Absolutely .. I am with you brother and ta for checking in too & truly ..
A treat to come back to this heart breaking write about the plight of children in the world today. A poem of immense contrast from the breathtaking beauty of that silver florin off kilter in the sky to the suffering of children everywhere. Some of it caused by changing climate, but you know most of it caused by the awfulness of our own species. Thank you for your poetry this morning. Got my day off to a good start you have.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

3 Years Ago


I am delighted and of course most grateful for your ongoing support Chris .. Thank you N :)<.. read more
Chris Shaw

3 Years Ago

My pleasure Neville :)
lots of strong poetic tooling in this sir ... floating florin ..the clutching after something lost ..and a like child around the other side of the world feels the pain .... "...huge Pre-spring tears" captures me noodle sir ... i am not one to get overly concerned about "weather change" ... i accept that the Earth is having melt offs at the poles ... i am not convinced it is something other than evolution if you will ... breaking down and reforming seems a natural ever going process to me ... cataclysms foretold by many cultures and beliefs.. blaming humanoids for it seems a bit off as our "carbon imprint" is pretty negligible in the scheme of things ..the image you create with the child and silver balloon is so vivid to me .. your poem shrinks the world ... and points me to the responsibilities we have ... as unknowingly we affect and effect each other ... no matter the distance ... strong poetry says i ... really got me thinking this morning Nev.
E.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

4 Years Ago


Thanking you Gene... muchly appreciated as bloomin always sir....

N.
Love the imagery here Neville of that silver florin balloon. Such a contrast here of feelings though, from the happiness a balloon can bring to a small child to elsewhere in the world where the dew pit is over flowing. It reminds me of a young migrant child drowned at sea only a couple of dats ago. Children are suffering terribly as a result of conflict, as a result of decisions made by adults. The innocents suffer and that is hard to stomach. Very hard. A touching read.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

4 Years Ago


Thank you Chris

All Good Things,

Neville
A very prosaic way of us and previous generations saying "Oops, me bad"
This reminds me of a warning from Australian aborigines that I heard on Billy Connollys world tourof Australia. They won't touch anything dug from the earth, oil, gold, gems, forthe simple but profound reason that maybe they are there for a reason and shouldbe left alone.
If only we listened before raping the earth for greed.
I'll think of your words Neville, next time i fill my tank to go to the store. What! The newsagent is on the other side of the pavement as the coffee shop! 😀

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

4 Years Ago

Thanks Lorry a much appreciated review and appropriate and memorable comments too

Nev.. read more
Cry huge pre-spring tears. It is wet here in spring so it makes me thing that the water for tears had almost dried up. This really makes me think of a child that has tear filled eyes but they have yet to slide down their face. This poem has many visual impacts throughout it!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

4 Years Ago

thank you kindly PB

Neville
Poetic Beauty

4 Years Ago

You are welcome!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 2, 2020
Last Updated on March 2, 2020

Author

Neville
Neville

Gone West folks....., United Kingdom



About
Sometimes my imagination get's the better of me and then the pen takes over .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Paper fish Paper fish

A Poem by Relic