The Memories of a Mad Man and his Third Son Chapter 2

The Memories of a Mad Man and his Third Son Chapter 2

A Chapter by Nevin Andres Gutierrez

My Father's mental illness was never really explain in any exact terms and him leaving the family was just with just  with a few  sentences , he didn't want to work or do anything and he didn't want to take his medications. The fact he didn't want to work was always surprising, for a man who worked all his life to be a american and live the american dream and went to college , to stop working at the age of 35 was like if he had lost all hope in himself.
I always want to be like him, the powerful man i believe him to be but to never have seen or understanding the fact that in my childhood he never was never away from home, made more powerful the feelings of abandonment and lost when speaking of my father in therapy. The feeling that a man i admired in my childhood, was man of many insecurities and possibly feeling of inadequacy similar to mine was a hard pill to shallow. I always thought i'll never be like my father but i was my father in every sense. The strength of my father abandonment had shape me more then possibly of him living with the family in my mind.  The pain and agony of my youth was nothing more then being the son of a mad man.   


© 2016 Nevin Andres Gutierrez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on April 1, 2016
Last Updated on April 1, 2016


Author

Nevin Andres Gutierrez
Nevin Andres Gutierrez

Apple Valley , CA



About
Hello my fellow writers and readers, I'm a 22 years ago Hispanic American who loves to learn and understand the world around him. I have written poetry and written a fictional book as a young person.. more..

Writing