The Memories of a Mad Man and His Third Son Chapter 3

The Memories of a Mad Man and His Third Son Chapter 3

A Chapter by Nevin Andres Gutierrez

My dad fell in love with his therapist and so did I. The story of my father’s crush was told to me by my mother but nothing of importance was mention. I’m sure my father and I had similar thoughts and feelings about the situation. The wanting to have the love returned but how ethnically wrong it would be if a client and their therapist had a relationship outside of a therapeutic relationship. I just wanted to be someone in the life of a person who helped me so much and given me more positive outlook and future. I told many times that I wasn’t the only one and my feelings were normal. The answer was like a double edged sword,  I loved her but to truly heal and thrive , I had to be considerate of her and her family and her livelihood.  I had similar experiences as my father but I have chosen to grow and move on and one day I will heal.



© 2016 Nevin Andres Gutierrez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on April 15, 2016
Last Updated on April 15, 2016
Tags: mental illness, Love, Therapist, ethics, like father like son


Author

Nevin Andres Gutierrez
Nevin Andres Gutierrez

Apple Valley , CA



About
Hello my fellow writers and readers, I'm a 22 years ago Hispanic American who loves to learn and understand the world around him. I have written poetry and written a fictional book as a young person.. more..

Writing