Chapter Two: What A Shame

Chapter Two: What A Shame

A Chapter by Nick "The Stick" Branyon

A hospital is not a place to be. Strangers you don't know, doctors that will make you pay tremendous amount of money (Like usual), and all the weird sounds down the halls.

Billy has now been in the hospital for two hours. He has one broken arm (Left), major bruising  stitches of about seventy-two on his face, and a very uncontrollable headache. The doctors said if his arms were not covering his head, he could of had a bad concussion.

Billy could only see a blur as he tried to see waking up, his head throbbing with pain, and his whole body in bruises  Billy could talk and said to himself,

"My body is in a huge mess. All I am saying is why people would do this to me?"

All that came into his mind as his skull got worse thinking, people just like trying to be cool. Thinking they can run over someone just to be the top dog.

"Why am I here on Earth if no one, except Miranda, don't accept me and just run me down?" Billy said with his eyes closed. He continued, "Well, I guess I have no right to be here then. I wish that my own family could help more too or just at least more people instead of Miranda."

A few minutes later of Billy thinking back of the harsh words, pain, and bullies; he said to himself with a tear going down his right side of his face,

"If no one can save me, then I will end it by risking my life."

Another few minutes of planning it out, he realized there is a bath tub in the room. He looked around and said he can use the movable hospital monitor.

Billy found a pen and a clipboard with a blank sheet of paper beside his hospital bed from the right side. He gently grabbed the items and sat himself up to write. He wrote;

 

Dear Everyone,

I am sick and tired of everyone bullying me. The harsh names, words, and people around my life never helped me through this evil Earth 100%. The only real person that helped me through this is Miranda. I really want to say to her, I LOVE YOU and I wish that I could go through this. Except this is my breaking point. Don't be ashamed or sad about me. I will be in a better place with God as my new friend. You will always be in my heart and I will watch you from above. Good-bye. 

Billy.
 

Billy got done with the note and sat it on the bed. Billy struggled getting up and moved the monitor around trying to get up. Rolling it for say. It took minutes to get to the tub. He bend over in front of the tub and turns the faucet.

As the water rapidly flows into the tub, Billy's heart pounds his chest like thunder. He closed his eyes as he slowly undresses. When the tub got full, he took baby steps into the water. The hot water made his body hair to stand and it relaxes him. The only pain was when he sits in the tub with the monitor and wires out of the water with his left arm.

As he was fully settled with the warm water, he peacefully enjoyed the warm water with his body relaxed and eyes fading away. It wasn't peaceful until all the images came rolling in his mind. The water started to turn cold and the hair stood more as the chill went through his spine. He opened his eyes and looks at the hospital monitor. He said to himself,

"Goodbye world. It is time," with a warm whisper.

His right hand grabbed the monitor. His heart nervous and eyes closed as he feels the cold metal monitor. He frowned and pulled the monitor as powerful as he can. The monitor fell on top of his body and the lights flicker from the power. After seconds of the lights, electricity, and flashbacks of the pain go through Billy's mind, he passes away and the monitor read with no sign of life except a lost soul.


© 2012 Nick "The Stick" Branyon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on December 16, 2012
Last Updated on December 16, 2012
Tags: What A Shame, Nick "The Stick" Branyon, bullying, short story


Author

Nick "The Stick" Branyon
Nick "The Stick" Branyon

Rock Hill, SC



About
I love to write and to learn my states history to become a South Carolina History Professor and Southern Studies. You may follow me on Facebook, just Nick Branyon. more..

Writing