TWO

TWO

A Chapter by Nicky

CHAPTER TWO

 

Sarah groans softly waking, feeling quite cozy and warm, she could also feel that there was a strange weight over her, that didn’t quite seem like a blanket. Moving slightly, she felt that it wasn’t indeed a blanket, opening an eye slightly she notices that the object that was on her was in fact an arm. Seeing it there was quite warming in her heart, but it seemed quite strange to.

‘Why is there an arm on me, and why does it appear from under the blankets?’

Opening the other eye she gently lifts the blanket and is surprised to find that Mistary is laying face down, beside her fast asleep. Not wanting to wake her, Sarah slowly prizes herself out from under the arm and gently onto the floor, looking up she realises that it is already five thirty. Quietly, she pulls on the black skirt, purple singlet, and the blue and white over shirt on, and looks back over at Mistary who is still sleeping peacefully.

 

Sarah quickly brushes her hair before leaving the room. Walking through the dorm quietly, she walks into the kitchen and looks into the fridge again, and realises that they still have to go shopping. Grabbing a piece of paper she quickly writes a list of all of the things that they will need and puts it on the table. Sighing she grabs out two bowls and pours in some of the coco pops that are left in the cupboard and sets them in the fridge for when Mistary wakes. Grabbing another piece of paper she writes in her large, curly hand writing.

 

Mistary,

I have left to get some groceries, if you wake, don’t worry, there is Coco Pops in the fridge. I will be back soon.

Love Sarah.

P.S You’re so cute when you sleep; we’ll try separate beds tomorrow night, Kay.

 

Smiling she leaves the note on the table, taking the list of groceries and leaves. Walking outside she smiles, as she notices that the sun wasn’t fully up, she looks up.

“Good morning sweet sun, I hope it will be another wonderful day.”

Walking on she realises that she is like the only one awake, but she was fine with that, just as she wanders around she realises that the stores are still a while away, but she liked walking around, it kept her mind clear.

 

As she walks into the town she looks up at the store, it was just a small corner shop, and that made her pleased, it felt kind of like home to her. Walking in she realises that it hadn’t opened yet; it wasn’t due to open for another twenty minutes. Sighing she walks down the street farther and rubs her eyes, it was like she had been here before, but that was stupid, she had travelled a long way to get here. Sitting on bench she looks up and down the street, it was empty, there was nothing here. Looking down at the list that she had made she tried to figure out if there was anything that she had missed. As she was starting to read the second line she jumps. A guy on a motorcycle was roaring down the street, as the bike passes her the riders head turned and watched her. A few seconds later the bike turns and comes back, and this time, it stops beside her.

“Um, Miss, are you waiting for something?”

Sarah gulps, there was a strange accent in this guy’s voice and for some reason, she felt as if she should jump up and run, shaking the feeling off she looks up at him.

“Oh yes, I am just waiting for the shop to open, I have to get a few things before school.”

He smiles and nodding, walking over to the store he gently knocks on the glass. A small man appears as if out of no where and unlocks the door for him. The stranger looks over at Sarah and waves her over so she can do her shopping.

 

Sarah grins happily and runs inside and the stares around, the shop was so much larger on the inside then she thought it would be. Sarah looks around as she hears a slight squeak of a trolley wheel and frowns. She watches as the strange guy walks over with a trolley, she giggles slightly as she realises that he still has his helmet on. Smiling she goes to take the trolley, but he shakes his head and points and the first aisle. Sighing she walks over to the first aisle and looks up at the sign.

Fruit and Vegetables.

Smiling she looks down it and then starts to walk again, Sarah ignores the guy and starts adding the fruit and vegetables to the trolley.

‘Tomatoes, Carrots, Pineapples, Melons, Beans, Cucumbers, Bananas, Kiwi Fruit, Pears, Strawberries, Potatoes, Onions, Peas, Corn, Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower, I think that is it.’

Smiling she walks out of that aisle and into the second aisle and looks around.

‘Bread, Rice, Coco Pops, Corn Flakes, Milo.’

Thinking about everything about what was going on and looks at the guy again, confused about why he is still wearing the helmet.

 

After about half an hour of shopping she was finally at the check out and was about to pay when the guy leans down closer to her.

“I haven’t seen you before so that means that you don’t live around here, which explains why you didn’t know how to open the shop door, just where do you come from Miss?”

Sarah blushes and looks down waiting for the final amount.

“Um, well, I actually just moved to the school just yesterday, so I wouldn’t really know anything about it really.”

He tilts his head.

“But the school is about two kilometres away from here, how did you get here, and when does school start?”
Sarah smiles at him.

“Well, I walked here from the dorm rooms, and school starts at eight.”
“Well in that case, I think that you should get a move on, and I will give you a ride back to the dorms so you can get ready, because most girls take about ninety minutes to get ready, and you only have about seventy, and I will deliver your groceries a bit later so you don’t have to worry about carting them home.”
Sarah whimpers, although she didn’t really need all that much time to get ready, she wasn’t really sure if Mistary did, and she didn’t have a way of contacting her yet, to at least make sure she is awake.

“Um, thanks, but, I don’t know anything about you, but if you can just deliver the groceries to the dorms at four, I will be waiting for you there, I will be fine, don’t worry about the lift, I will just run. Bye thanks for all your help, Mr. Umm.”
Before she realised what he was doing he had walked her out to his bike and was sitting on it

“Shono, please let me give you a lift, it will be much easier for you, and the person you seem to be worried about, I promise no funny stuff, I’m a descent bloke and I wouldn’t do that to such a pretty girl. So just hop on.”

Sarah in a desperate hope nods and climbs on behind him and wraps her arms round him.

“Thank you.”
Sarah’s head was spinning as they arrive at the door of the dorms, with the one bag that held everything that she needed for lunch; she climbs off and smiles at him happily.

“Thank you so much for everything, see you at four, I might be a little late, so wait for me ok, and then we can take everything inside, thanks so much for everything Mr. Shono.”

Sarah smiles and watches him leave, before she hits her forehead about how stupid she was. She had climbed onto the back of some guys bike and then made a date to see him again, and she had know idea about what he looked like, all she knew was the name that he had given her.

Shaking her head she runs upstairs and into her room. She was met with a sight that surprised her. The note was still on the table, the Coco Pops still where they were and the bathroom floor dry, then she realised that Mistary was still sound asleep in her bed.

“Mistary…” No movement. “MISTARY, Time to Rise and Shine!”

Mistary groans and opens her eyes and stares at Sarah before rolling onto her side and forcing herself to sit up, without a word she stands and walks into the bathroom and shuts the door.

Sarah hears the shower go on and smiles going into the kitchen to make them lunch boxes.

As Mistary walks out of the bathroom, she realises that Sarah was waiting at the table and was smiling. Sarah giggles and pats the chair.

“Come on, we have to eat breakfast, and then I will do the dishes and get change, while I am getting changed do you think that you can wipe the dishes?”

Mistary smiles and walks in sitting down and watches as Sarah serves her the bowl of Coco Pops and watches until she had sat down before she starts to eat.

Sarah eats quickly and goes to the sink to start filling it; she adds the dish washing liquid and thinks that if she can quickly go get her clothes ready everything would be fine. So she runs out of the room. Five minutes later she hears Mistary yelling about something and runs out to see the water had spilt everywhere.

Mistary smiles and turns off the water and goes to get the mop, and starts to clean up.

“You get ready Sarah, and then do the dishes and I will wipe them, but next time we will use the dish washer, Ok?”

Sarah blushes and nods, going to get ready.

‘Dishwasher? How do you use one of them, I haven’t even seen one up close let alone use one.’

Once they finish the dishes they walk out of the dorm, lock it and start to leave.

 

Mistary grabs her hand and starts running down the hall.

“We’re almost late, we have ten minutes to get to school, and it’s a long walk so quickly!”

Sarah giggles and runs with her and sees Tom walking calmly towards the door. Smiling she runs a little faster towards Tom, letting go of Mistary’s hand she winks at her and then jumps onto Tom’s back.

Tom just continues walking as if he hadn’t noticed, and to Sarah’s surprise, he doesn’t even acknowledge that she had even jumped on him. After a few steps Sarah jumps off and runs in front of him and frowns, hands on hips.

“TOM!”

Tom jumps and looks down at her.

“Oh, Hey Sarah, when did you get in front of me, I was looking for you everywhere, and I thought that you was one of the girls that didn’t like to be late for anything so I was looking ahead of me, but you wasn’t there.”
Sarah tuts and grabs Mistary’s hand before she could run past, turns and runs off with her. Frowning Tom follows her still walking though.

Sarah and Mistary run outside, still holding hands and running along the path. Out of the corner of her eye, Sarah thought that she saw the motorbike, but shakes her head and keeps running.

“Um, so Mistary, do you know anyone by the name of Shono?”
Mistary pants and looks at her with wide eyes.

“Why do you waste breath on talking…we are still running.”
Sarah blushes and nods looking straight ahead again before slowing down to help them catch their breath, almost in sight of the school. Mistary looks at Sarah and frowns.

“Well, about this guy Shono, why do you ask about him, and when did you meet this guy?”

Sarah shakes her head and keeps walking not wanting to talk about it while there are so many people close to them.

“Don’t worry about it, we will talk at lunch time, Okay…Oh and speaking of lunch, here is yours.”
Mistary passes her a lunch box and smiles at her, before she runs off again so she can find out which classroom she is in.

 

Sarah walks inside and up to the front desk to find that it is Cass at the desk.

“Um, excuse me, I was just wondering, you know, um, which class I would be in.”
Cass turns and looks at her, smiling she points over to the left were there is a board that is surrounded by other kids that seem to be her age, walking over she looks up at the names.

‘Wow so many people, and so many classes.’
Looking up at the board she searches for her name, and frowns as she realises that it isn’t there. Looking down sadly she walks back over to the desk.

“Um, Cass, my name isn’t on the board.”
Cass looks at her again the hits herself on the head and giggles looking up at her.

“Oh, that’s right, you’re the one that the Head Mistress wanted to see, that’s why I’m actually here. This way, please.”
Sarah looks up at her and smiles happily looking over at her. Then she nods and starts following Cass looking down at her feet sadly, trying to figure out what was happening.

‘Did she do something wrong? Why would the Head Mistress need to see her, would it be about the reason that my name isn’t on the board? Or would it be because she was in the nurses’ station getting the bandage redone? What was going on, and why does it have to be today that she had to be seen.’

Cass opens a large wooden door and points inside. Looking down sadly Sarah walks inside and frowns as she realises that the Head Mistress was sitting at her desk looking up at her with a smile on her face, and the phone sitting on the desk.

“Um, Hello Head Mistress, May I ask why you have called me here today?”

“Hello Sarah and yes you may. Everything seems to be ok with your arm now, but we did have to call your father and tell him about it. Apparently he has some good news for her, so I removed your name from your starter class; I will place you in a class as soon as you finish talking to your father.”
Sarah nods and looks down, and picks up the phone, worried about this call.

“Um, hello Daddy, what’s up?”

“Well Sarah, I have some good news for you, I have found the perfect husband for you, and I know you’re only sixteen, but I have done this for your own good. I have decided that he will drive down there to meet you this afternoon, so you two can meet. You might hit it off and everything, I’m sure that you two will get along, he will be down there no later then eighteen hundred ok.”
Sarah is fighting tears but looks down.

“Um, of course daddy, I will meet him, what happens if we don’t get along?”
“Don’t worry about it Sweet heart, you two will get along just fine. Don’t worry about it, and enjoy school ok, everything will go just fine. Now just have fun at school, and this wont hurt your schooling. You will finish your schooling before you get married and everything will be ok.”

Sarah nods and sighs.

“Of course daddy, thankyou for letting me have this, I think I’m really going to enjoy this school, even if it is hundreds of miles away from you. I will do as hard as I can.”
Hanging up Sarah looks down and wipes her eyes. Sitting down she covers her face and takes a deep breath.

‘Not again, this is the third time that he has tried setting me up like this, I wish that he wouldn’t make me do this. But I just wish that he would let me pick someone for myself because his choices suck, he is only picking the guys with the money!’

“Um, Mistress, we have finished the call, can I join a class now?”

Smiling the Head Mistress nods and hands her a piece of paper before leaving the room.

“Oh and Sarah one last thing, you must always believe that no matter what, you have your own mind, and don’t ever let someone push you around…I saw the tears, is everything ok?”

Sarah nods and looks down at the paper.

 

Room I16, teacher’s name: Mr. Kintaro

 

Sarah smiles happily and walks out of the room looking down at the paper.

‘I16, I wonder where that is.’

Smiling she walks down the hall to the first room.

‘H03, well I guess I’m on the wrong level, but that doesn’t matter, so it goes H, I…well I guess that makes it easier, so I should be on the second floor.’

Sarah climbs the stairs trying desperately to keep her mind off the fact that she had to meet another of her father’s suitors. Looking up she smiles noticing that room I16 was next to her, smiling she walks to the door and looks in.

The room was painted a strange grey colour that seemed to make the uniforms brighter. There was a smart board and a white board against one wall, with all of the desks in groups of six, so that there are small study groups, but she noticed that they are all small desks so they can be moved around easily. Smiling she looks around the room and sees that there is three free desks, one at a boys table, one at a girls table and one at a table that had both girls and boys on it. Opening the door, she walks in quietly and walks up to the teacher.

“Um, are you Mr Kintaro?”

Mr Kintaro looks over at her and smiles.

“Yes, I am, and you are?”
”Um, well I am Sarah Hamdeacar. I was told that I was in this class, my name wasn’t on the boards you see, so I had to go to the office, that’s why I'm late, sorry Sir.”
Mr Kintaro smiles, and pats her shoulder.

“Don’t worry about it Miss Hamdeacar, everything is alright, now why don’t you go and join a table to meet your study group for this class. It goes for forty-nine minutes, then the bell will go, it is a study lesson.”
Sarah looks around and walks to the mixed group of people and sits down, looking around at them and smiles.

“Hi, I’m Sarah.”
Two of the boys look over at her and stare, one girl smacks them over the head and smiles at her.

“Hey, I’m Brittney; this is Sensicoto, and Mishcenara. But call them Sensi, and Mish, it will be easier on you, they don’t mind, right boys?”
They shake their heads and look down at their things again, although everyone knew they were looking at Sarah. Well everyone, but Sarah, who seemed oblivious to the fact that they along with many of the other boys are looking at her. Another girl looks over at her.

“I’m Karlteaya, and the two next to me are Alea, and Chris. The only thing you need to know is that I was held back, Alea is my sister and we get along, surprising huh? I don’t talk much so don’t try to much, I tend to stick by myself and do everything I can to get finished.”

Alea leans over to Sarah and whispers.

“She doesn’t want to be here, you see her boyfriend wants her to move in with her, but he lives back home, and daddy wont let her do that until she has finished school so she is trying to get kicked out.”

Sarah nods and looks around the group again and smiles.

“I’m sure we will all be friends!”

 

Sarah looks around, and was confused at why whenever she looked at someone; they tended to duck their heads down and act like they are doing work.

Alea walks around the table to Brittney and leans her head down.

“Why do you think she looks so confused, all of the boys are staring at her and whenever she looks over to find out who it is they look away, do you think that she even knows why they are looking at her?”
Brittney looks over and smiles.

“Look just let it be, she’ll realise that she is pretty when the time comes, until then just let it be, after all, I just wanna watch and see who the first boy to ask her out is going to be. But that all depends on whom her sibling is, if she has a guy that frightens people they won’t go near her while he is around, but if it’s just some random they will ask her.”
Sensicoto turns his head towards them and sighs.

“No one will ask her, because her sibling happens to be Tom Charmle, which means that he will protect her like his own, well at least we know that during classes anything is possible, just no lunch time games will happen.”
Sarah looks up, her hands playing with the beaded bracelet she has on, and sighs.

“Is something happening? Do I have something on me? Because people are staring at me, if it is something can you get it off, the staring is making it hard to concentrate.”
“Don’t worry about it Cutie, all you have to do is tell me your name, and everything will be much better, and then everyone will stop staring at you, all they want is the same thing I do.”
“Um, and what is it that you want?”
“Your name, we didn’t hear it when Mr Kintaro asked you, so tell me, what is it?”
Alea sighs.

“Just go away Kenti, no one here cares what you want, and her Sibling is Tom Carmle, so just let her be ok, please, we don’t want you getting hurt.”
Sarah frowns and looks between them, and sees the face that Kenti was pulling.

“Um well…Kenti, my name is Sarah, and don’t worry about Tom, he wont hurt anyone, he is just worried about me being hurt, but don’t worry ok.”

Kenti smiles and walks off back to his table.

Sarah looks around confused.

“Why did he come over here just for my name, he didn’t ask all yours, do you guys all know him?”

Sarah frowns as Brittany, and the boys shake their heads. Shaking her head, and to the surprise of all the people watching, she stands and walks over to Kenti.

“Um look, Kenti, I just want to know why you didn’t ask all the other names at the table to, that would have been the nice thing to do, now, why don’t you go and do that now,” Smiles happily. “Kay.”
Kenti stares at her then nods going over to do what she said. Sarah watches from the table leaning against Kenti’s and smiles as he walks back over. She pats him on the shoulder and walks back to the table smiling, her hair bouncing as she walks.

 

The group just stares at her in surprise, but before she could ask what they were looking at the bell goes. Shrugging it off she looks at her time table when Mr Kintaro hands it to her and smiles, her first lesson was art, and she loved art ever so much. She grabs her bag and walks out of the room quickly before realising that she doesn’t know where she was going.

Alea catches up to her and smiles.

“So what do you have now?”

“Art…but I don’t know where it is.”
Alea smiles telling her that she has the same and that she knows where it is and starts to walk off. Sarah follows happily and stays close to her, that became harder when they reached the stairs, but they manage to climb them staying reasonably close to each other.

Sarah and Alea walk into the Art Room and grin, because they notice that they aren’t late, they only get a quick look at the class before the teacher claps her hands for silence. They run to a spare desk and quickly look up at her so they don’t get into trouble. As they are sitting there and the rest of the class is settling down Sarah looks around. She could see that there was paint splattered all over the walls and there was paper sticking out of a cupboard on the side. Unlike their home class there was colour on the walls and it looked like such a peaceful place.

“Ok class, well I am Mrs Hagiaus and I am the H02 art teacher. You may use any of the information, and ideas that I give to you in any way that you wish, no matter how you use it you still must had up drafts and a major project within the next six months. Now if you just get out…oh wait, I have to give out the books. Alea, can you please hand out the folders to everyone, and the pretty brown haired girl next to you can hand out the books.”

Alea stands up straight away and nudges Sarah gently to get her attention back.

“She means you silly, hurry up.”
Sarah nods and quickly grabs the books and starts handing them out, as she hands the last book to a girl she blushes and walks up to the teacher.

“Um Miss, there aren’t enough books, three of us didn’t get them you see, and I was wondering if there are any more!”

Mrs Hagiaus frowns and looks under the desk and looks around.

“Well it looks like we will need to get some more, but for today’s lesson, why don’t you just get some papers out of the cupboard and hand them to the ones without books.”
Sarah nods and wanders over to the cupboard, grabs some out and puts a bunch on hers and Alea’s desk and walks over to the boy in the corner.

“Um, here, you go.”
The boy takes the papers from her hand without looking up; grabbing his pencil he just starts to scribble without even saying thank you. Not wanting to make him mad she just shrugs and walks over to her desk and looks up at Mrs Hagiaus and notices that she is pretty for a teacher. Smiling she looks away and down at her sheets.

‘Now for the drawing...oh damn…I don’t know what to draw, I have no inspiration, and so I can’t do the work, she is going to be so mad at me.’

Sarah looks around trying to find something to get her motivated, then she looks at Alea, she was already drawing stuff down and seemed to be working really hard. Sighing she looks down at her page again and realises that she had been doodling on the page, pushing the page away she looks down at her new one, thinking about her father and starts to draw.

Sarah watches the way that Alea’s blonde hair dangles in front of her eyes while she is drawing, and the way that Alea will brush it away, just for it to fall back down in front again.

BANG!

Sarah’s head flies up along with everyone else’s, looking over at the door she sees that a tall, overly gorgeous guy standing in the door way just looking at the class. He runs his hand over his uniform and shakes his hair. The midnight black hair flies around his face before he settles it again so he can see everything.

Mrs Hagiaus sighs and points to the seat next to Sarah’s.

“You’re late, but it’s the first day so you get off with that, don’t let it become a habit ok, and just because you are repeating the year doesn’t mean that you can slack off ok. So just settle, get some paper and do some work.”

The guy looks up at Sarah, then at the paper, then at Sarah again.

“Um, so, can I have some paper?”

Sarah smiles, and hands him some before she notices that the accent was back, but she didn’t want to sound like a fool so she kept to herself, even though the accent was the same as Shono’s, but that wasn’t her concern and she was seeing him later today, maybe she gets to see his face. Shrugging she looks down at the drawing and sighs.

‘I suck at drawing, it might look kind of like her, but there is so much that needs to be changed, I mean she is so cute and my drawing doesn’t show that, all it shows is a girl sitting there working. God I wish that I could draw better.’

Sarah sighs and jumps as the bell goes for end of lesson, she quickly packs up and pulls her time table out and looks at it. She has her German class then her Japanese class, and so she was happy. Looking up at Alea she smiles.

“What do you have now?”

“I have Outdoor sports now. What about you?”
“German Studies and I have no idea where it is.”
The guy sighs.

“I can take you I have German Studies now as well, so let’s go.”

Sarah smiles at him and nods happily.

“Thanks, I would get so lost if it wasn’t for nice people that can help me out.”

Sarah puts everything into her bag and waits for him to stand. As he gets up she notices the way that he moved, it looked as if he was injured in some way, but he turns so she can’t see anymore and without a word walks out of the room with Sarah chasing after him. Sarah gasps as she tries to keep up to him, but being the girl she is she trips up and falls flat on her face. When she looks up the guy was gone, whimpering she stands up and gasps as pain flares through her arm.

‘Oh God, not again, she couldn’t have hurt her arm again, that was twice now since I arrived, it couldn’t be again.’

Looking up she smiles as she sees Tom walking towards her but looks around, because if he saw her here now he would know that she was lost and hadn’t found someone to help her, as she was about to turn the guy from art walks back to her.

“Um, is something wrong? When I finally arrived at our class I realised that you weren’t behind me, so I came back and you still haven’t reached the stairs.”

Sarah blushes and shakes her head showing that nothing was wrong. Smiling she grabs his arm.

“Now this time, please don’t move so fast, it’s still my first day and I can’t move that quickly in the hall.”
Smiling the guy nods.


Tom watches the two of them, his eyes practically red, he knew that he should be happy that she had found a friend to help her, but he couldn’t help but feel angry that it was a guy that she had befriended. Because she was his and that was all that mattered. Shaking his head he looks away.

‘What just came over me, I should be happy that she has a friend, but that doesn’t matter anymore, because she is my sibling so she would always go to me for help if it was anything important. Wouldn’t she?’

Shaking his head he watches at the two of them walk up the stairs and out of view.

 

Mistary looks up as Sarah walks into the class and runs over to her and hugs her happily, and then blushes and steps back.

“Hey, you didn’t tell me that you did German studies, and the reason that I am here is because since there is like no interest in this section of work that they but two ages together, so that there is no confusion for the teachers.”
Mistary grins and takes Sarah’s hand and takes her to the desk that has all of her stuff on it. So they can sit together.

Sarah smiles and follows Mistary happily, she had missed Mistary a lot as soon as they had been separated because of their classes, but now they were together again. Everything is much better now because she had he back. Smiling happily she looks up at her and relaxes.

“So what else do you have today?”
“Um, I have this, a break, and then Japanese Studies and then Life Studies, then I have two lessons of free time.”
Mistary grins happily and holds her close to him happily smiling and relaxes happily.

“Oh that is good, I have the same lessons as you for today, so this is going to be so fun, we can spend lots of time together, but with the free lessons we have to actually do something, the teacher that sits in that lesson is overly strict so do you have some?”

Sarah kisses her cheek and smiles happily before nodding and hugging her.

“Please do stay with me ok, I don’t want to be alone, I know I have people that can help me out, but I don’t want to ask Tom, because then he will think that I am stupid, and I just want to be able to prove that I can do things on my own. Oh and I have to tell you something when we are alone.”
The girls look up as a short man walks in, he was definitely the teacher, and he was bald and had a long black beard that went to his chest. He looked interesting, and he even looked a little German to, so that would be a good thing for this class. Sarah smiles and watches him happily thinking that this lesson would be interesting after all.

The teacher looks around his class and smiles happily, he looked way to cheerful for a teacher.

“Hello class, this is your German studies class for the year, I hope you enjoy it. Lets make this more easy on everyone, second years to the left and first years on the right.”

Sarah and Mistary don’t move as the rest of the class moves around them because they are already in the middle of the classroom so they are sitting right. Mistary smiles looking at the posters and stickers all over the wall, and relaxes not listening to the teacher.

“I am Mr Gleeman, I have been teaching for two years so some of you will know me, and so I will expect the same from those students as always, but the newer ones I will help you always.”

Sarah smiles, she likes him she decides, he is cheerful and happy and seems to be doing everything as it is meant to. Leaning on her pencil case she watches him, and before long she was stuck into her work, looking over at Mistary she giggles as she watches her lick the back of her hand and then rub her head.

‘Is she some kind of animal, or is she just that different?’

Sarah sits there watching Mistary do her work, and every so often she would either scratch behind her ear, or bathe herself like a cat.

 

When the lesson ends they rise and go outside. Sarah watches the way that Mistary is walking, it wasn’t strange, as such, but she seemed to walk awkwardly right now. Looking up she smiles.

“Um do you still have your lunch box?”
Mistary nods and smiles happily.

“Yep, I haven’t opened it yet, but I have been waiting so we could eat together, cos’ I want to eat with you, you’re my best friend Sarah and I don’t want to lose you.”
Sarah smiles and sees Tom standing in the middle of the hall looking up and down it, as he sees her he starts walking towards her. Sarah smiles happily and waves at him.

‘God he is gorgeous with the way that he walks…oh damn he just had to bring that Daniel guy didn’t he, I don’t like him, and I don’t know why. I normally like everyone, but there is something about him that I just don’t like!’

Daniel smiles at them and waves back and wanders over to them, quicker then Tom.

“Hey, I see that your arm healed just fine, I’m glad that you are feeling better now, because your blood smells so good…I mean you smell good, not blood, liking that is weird, so yeah it’s you not the blood, I swear.”

Mistary giggles and goes and hugs Tom and smiles up at him. Sarah sighs and shakes her head.

“So where can we eat?”
Tom smiles as they walk outside and looks around at the crowded lunch shed then looks over at the oval, then the small playground, and sighs at the fact that everywhere but the playground was crowed.

“Playground, there is less people, so we aren’t surrounded ok.”

Sarah nods but as they start walking over there she realises that people are following them. Shrugging off the feeling she sits down on the swing and pulls out her lunch box and starts to eat. Mistary does the same and notices that Tom is standing close to Sarah and not eating; because he is watching the others surround them.

“Um, new girl, we were wondering if…”
They are cut off when Sarah’s phone starts to ring. Sighing she smiles at them before pulling out her phone and answers it.

“Hello Father.”
“Look Sarah, I know we agreed that the suitor wouldn’t come until this afternoon, I decided to send him up early, your Headmistress told me that you have a double free lesson at the end of the day, so you can meet him then ok!”
“But Dad, you promised me that I would have today off without anything like that until after school, please don’t make me do that.”
Tom leans forward.

“Do what?”
Sarah hushes him but it was too late, her father had heard his voice.

“Who is that Sarah? I told you no boys!”

Sarah groans.

“Dad that is Tom, I told you that the school had siblings for the new comers, and he is my sibling, and don’t worry I’m not going to start dating him, it is against school rules.”
“Good, because your suitor will be there at the already agreed time, I won’t force it on you, well not until you have finished school for the day, so have a good day sweetheart. Oh one last thing, what is your roommates’ name, and what is this boy’s name?”
Sarah sighs and rolls her eyes.

“The boy’s name is Thomas Carmle and Mistary…um one sec dad…”
She covers the mouthpiece of the phone and looks at Mistary.

“What is your last name Mistary?”
Mistary looks down sadly.

“I don’t have one anymore.”
Sarah nods.

“And its just Mistary dad, she doesn’t have a last name.

Her father growls,

“Put her on.”
Sarah looks up at Mistary and bites her lip looking down, and holds the phone out to her.

“Um he wants to talk to you.”
Mistary nods and takes the phone and holds it to her ear.

“Um, its Mistary here, what seems to be the problem?”
Sarah’s dad growls at her.

“What is your last name Missy, I need to know, because it is my daughter, and I can’t have her running around with untrustable people, now tell me your name.”
Mistary looks down, sighs, stands and walks away from the group.

“Well I told you, I don’t have a last name, I use to have one, but my parents kicked me out a few years ago because I was different and they didn’t like it, so they took everything that was theirs and kicked me onto the street, I was fighting for my life before Miss. Hedgeclim took me in and has been looking after me ever since, that is why I am here today, because the Headmistress of the school paid for me to be here to have a decent education so I was happy, she knew I was different and she accepted that. I am trust worthy sir, because I love your daughter because she is my first friend since I arrived here and I would rather die then see her hurt, you can talk to Miss. Hedgeclim about this later ok.”
“Um, Ok, well nice talking to you, goodbye.”
Sarah’s father hangs up without saying goodbye to Sarah. Sarah looks up as Mistary walks back over to them, her head hanging low, with tears in her eyes.

“He said goodbye, now I think I am going to eat.”

Sarah watches as she wipes her eyes before opening the lid to the lunch box and starts to eat without another word. Sarah shrugs and looks down at her lunch and quickly eats half then hands the rest to Tom who hadn’t pulled out any food.

“Here, you have to eat something so please have some of this.”
Tom stares at her before starting to eat it, his eyes sparkle.

“Oh my, that is good…Oh and Sarah I was just wondering if you are Christian or catholic.”
Sarah looks up at him and frowns at the question and looks up at the sky.
“What does that mean…Catholic…Christian, what are they?”
Tom chokes on his food and starts coughing.

‘She doesn’t even know what they are, what kind of family does she come from if she hasn’t even heard the names before?’

Clearing his throat he looks over at her.

“You know God though right?”
Sarah frowns and looks down sadly not wanting to answer that. Tom gasps and kneels before her.

“What about the Bible?”
Sarah blushes bright red but looks away from him, worried that is she answered truthfully he would get mad at her. Tom sighs and looks up at her.

“You’re coming to my room tonight and I am going to show you the bible and everything so you know what it is…Okay?”
Sarah looks down at him, her eyes shining with tears about the fact that he wasn’t mad at her, and that he was willing to show her what it was.

“O...Okay, Um, but first I have to get my groceries from a friend and meet my dad’s suitor for me, but then we will do that ok.”
Tom stares at her and tilts his head.

“Your father is making you met a suitor, what for?”
Sarah goes bright red and turns away talking quickly now.

“Uh, nothing, forget I said anything, it’s not important, don’t worry about it ok!”
Tom sighs and nods, smiling because he gets to teach her about God and the fact that she seemed really willing to learn was something that he liked.

For the rest of the school day Sarah spent her time with Mistary, her mind on what she had to do at the end of the day, and what her father had said to make Mistary upset. She could see that it was still bothering Mistary even as they left the school grounds.

 

Sarah walks with Mistary worried about what had happened she finally has the courage to ask her as they are reaching the dorms.

“Um, Mistary, are you ok, you don’t seem yourself right now, did my dad say something to upset you?”
Mistary smiles and shakes her head.

“No it’s nothing like that, and don’t worry about me, and it looks as if we have a visitor turning up soon anyways, we have a note on the board.”
Sarah walks over and looks up at the board.

 

One visitor for Sarah Hamdeacar will be arriving at 6 o’clock. Meeting at the entrance and will be going to the dorm.

 

Sarah blushes and looks away from the board.

“Do they have to put notices up like that? Now everyone knows that I am getting a visitor at six. It’s going to suck with everyone knowing.”
Mistary smiles, and hugs her.

“Look, if it makes you any happier, I will come meet this visitor with you so you’re not waiting here alone, ok.”

Sarah smiles happily and hugs her

“Thankyou, we have to hurry, because our groceries will be arriving soon and we have to get them, they’ll be here in about ten minutes.”

Mistary looks up at her and tilts her head.

“You mean that our groceries get delivered?”
Sarah giggles and looks up at him and tilts her head.

“No silly, I went there and picked up everything that was needed, but I was about to be late, so this guy, who was helping me find everything offered me a ride home, and said that he would deliver everything at five, so I have to do everything before he arrives here, so lets go get afternoon tea before we have to get that ok.”
Mistary nods and they walk upstairs to get everything ready while Sarah walks up with her to get the afternoon tea ready for them.

Sarah finishes the afternoon tea and looks up at the clock and whimpers.

‘He’ll be here soon so I will get her the stuff that she needs, and then make sure that there are still snacks for him when he gets here, I just hope that I will get to see his face this time.’

Sarah yells out to Mistary telling her that she was going downstairs and gets there just before she hears a motorbike arriving and gets outside and smiles as she watches him park with a trailer on the back.

Shono gets off the bike and looks over at her and grins, waving at her.

Sarah smiles and runs over to him and smiles.

“Hey, thanks for bringing them here, I cooked some afternoon tea, so there is extra for you, well that is if Mistary hasn’t eaten them all, she is the reason that I have to buy so much, did you bring my bill with you so I can pay you?”
Shono shakes his head and looks over to her.

“Don’t worry about it ok, you don’t have to worry about paying me, and the bill is paid for, this time it was on me, next time you can pay, Okay.”
Sarah smiles and nods happily.

“Thanks for that, you will have to eat something when you get in ok?”
Shono smiles and shakes his head at her before turning away and picking up a bunch of bags before handing her them before picking up some more bags and looks over at her.

“So, where is this room of yours? We have to get this stuff inside for you.”
Sarah smiles and nods, turning away and starts to walk towards the house again, leading him inside and up the stairs.

Sarah watches him walk up the stairs and notices the way that he walks, it was more like he was stalking something, because he was always looking over the shoulders and would reach the top of the stairs before her and would look up and down the corridor while Sarah was finishing walking up the stairs to lead him to the rest of the way.

As they walk into the dorm Mistary runs out and squeals hugging Sarah and smiles at Shono who is still wearing the helmet and frowns tilting her head, shrugs and grabs the bags off of Sarah and smiles.

“Where does all this go Sarah?”
Sarah giggles and walks ahead of the others so she could show them where it all goes.

After the next trip Sarah looks at Shono.

“Um, would you like something to eat, or drink, as thanks for bringing everything here?”
Shono shakes his head and smiles.

“Just seeing two pretty girls smiling is payment enough, good day you two, have fun, I have another meeting to go to, goodbye.”
Sarah nods, and hugs him quickly.

“Well still thanks for everything; I hope to see you again some time ok.”
Shono nods and leaves. Mistary smiles at her and giggles.

“He is a little weird, but he is very nice though, so that is a good thing, have you ever seen his face, or does he wear the helmet all the time?”
Sarah sighs.

“I think he wears the helmet all the time, or he doesn’t want to show me his face.”
Mistary nods and sees the clock.

“Sarah I think you should go get changed, its ten to six, and your visitor is arriving soon, so quickly, its time to get all pretty for your visitor…Oh and can I get pretty to?”
Sarah giggles and nods happily.

“You are already pretty, but we can get dressed up for him I guess, but we have to hurry. So no showers we’ll just have to dress pretty ok?”
Mistary nods and takes Sarah’s hand and leads her to the bedroom again and looks at her.

“I think I have a dress that would suit you real well Sarah.”
Sarah nods and watches as Mistary runs to her cupboard and pulls out a beautiful red and black dress and holds it against Sarah and nods.

“Try it on, and I will look for something for me.”

Sarah nods and strips down and pulls on the dress, it was a perfect fit. Sarah walks to the mirror and looks at herself. The dress went to just above the knee and sat perfectly on her shoulders. The straps were just large enough to cover the straps of her bra and as she spun the dress flared out just a little, so she could see that it wasn’t tight. Smiling she turns back to Mistary and her mouth falls open as she sees Mistary in a pale blue dress that goes to just below the knee and the bow on the back just set the outfit to perfection.

“Wow Mistary, these dresses are perfect, how did you find them, they are so gorgeous?”
Mistary turns and looks up at her, her eyes bright with excitement and joy.

“You think? I love that dress, the one you’re in, but it doesn’t fit anymore, but it suits you perfectly.”
Smiling, the two girls put on some make-up and they look in the mirror. Mistary smiles at Sarah.

“You look beautiful Sarah!”

Sarah blushes brightly

“So do you Mistary!”

Mistary takes her hand and they leave the room. They climb down the stairs just as the clock turns to six o’clock and they sit down to wait for the visitor. Mistary looks at Sarah.

“So do you know anything about this visitor?”
Sarah looks down.

“Not really, but my dad said that he is really nice and that I would get along with him.”
Mistary nods and looks up. A tall smart looking guy walks in. Mistary stares, the guy was perfect, his hair fell to just past his shoulders and walked with a grace that proved that he was from a rich family. He walked tall, as he sees the two girls, he grins and pulls of the sunglasses and walks towards them with ease.

“Good afternoon ladies, I happen to be looking for a girl named Sarah Hamdeacar, would you happen to know who she is.”
Sarah stands and curtsies.

“Good afternoon sir, the girl you are looking for happens to be me, I’m guessing my father sent you here, is that so?”
He grins.

“Yes, and who might your friend be?”
Sarah smiles and looks at Mistary.

“She is Mistary, isn’t she looking gorgeous?”
Mistary blushes deeply, as the guy nods, smiling at her.

“Yes, my name is Sir Mitchell Castaway, and it is a pleasure to meet you both, but sadly, I came here just to speak to Miss Sarah, so next time I will spend some time with you Miss Mistary, but for now, I must spend time with Sarah.”
Mistary nods happily and walks off.

 

As soon as Mistary was out of view Mitchell’s whole body language changes, he looks over Sarah and sighs.

“Look I’m not here by choice, I’m here because your father talked to my father, I don’t want to get married, but it looks like I have to. Now just shut up and listen to me. I want you to just be quiet while I think of a way out of this.”
Sarah stares at him but looks down and doesn’t say a word. Mitchell sighs and grins liking the fact that she doesn’t argue with him.

“How about you make yourself useful and go get me a coffee, I like it black with one sugar.”
Sarah sighs and nods, going to get him what he wanted.

‘Ok, I am going to end up hating him, but it doesn’t matter, I have to like one of father’s choices for me, but he gets the rich snobbish ones, because he wants me to marry for money, but I want to marry for love, is that really that bad?’

Sarah sighs and walks back with the coffee and hands it to him, still not talking.

An hour later of him bossing her around and not letting her talk he leaves the building to go home.

Sarah watches him leave and sighs looking down, and then the tears start to fall.

‘Why was he all charming at the beginning until Mistary left, and then change, I hate it when that happens, it has happened twice, is that really how most guys are? Well Tom wasn’t, anyways, I have to go get changed so I can go see Tom about learning about this god person.’

Smiling she walks upstairs to get ready.

Mistary is waiting for her when she gets back and without a word she starts to get dinner ready and looks up at Mistary.

“What is it Mistary?”
Mistary looks up at her and grins.

“So what is he like, is he really as charming as he seemed at the beginning?”
Sarah shakes her head, now reheating the food.

“No he is a dick, his whole attitude changed after you left, it was so stupid, he was bossing me around and everything, it was so stupid, I hate him, I can’t believe my father thought that I would like him!”
Mistary looks at her, her head tilted.

“Your father was trying to set you up with him?”
Sarah nods.

“Its stupid, he has been trying to marry me off ever since I turned sixteen, and I hate it, he is trying to marry me off to some rich family, but I don’t want to marry for money, I want to marry for love!”

Mistary sighs and helps her put dinner on the table and they eat in silence. When they are finished Sarah washes up, gets changed and leaves the dorm to go to Tom’s. As she walks she fights the tears that are trying to get out, but then she thinks about what Tom was going to do for her and a smile come to her lips and she smiles walking through the hall walking to room 143.



© 2011 Nicky


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
Added on March 11, 2011
Last Updated on March 11, 2011


Author

Nicky
Nicky

Adelaide, Australia



About
My name is Nicole Halls and i love to write, i have been doing it for so long and love doing it. My only problem is that i dont think that i am very good more..

Writing
Truth Truth

A Poem by Nicky


Moving On Moving On

A Poem by Nicky


ONE. ONE.

A Chapter by Nicky