Peter Tabella: Chapter 4

Peter Tabella: Chapter 4

A Chapter by Ninja'sMuse
"

Peter has to leave, but resolves they'll meet again.

"

PETER

 

I could kiss her forever, but we pull apart all too soon, both of us breathless. I feel my rapid heartbeat in my lips as I stare into her muddled green eyes. Her smile mirrors exactly what I feel.

 

“I’m Lily,” she says simply. Her voice carries sweetly to my ears, and I must stop myself from bringing her close for another crushing kiss.

 

I taste her name in my mind. Lily. Stunning perfection. “Peter,” I reply, savoring her face for a moment before catching a glimpse of my watch. 10:15�"departure time. My stomach drops. “I have to go,” I say quickly, hearing the distress in my voice. I hope she does as well.

 

After a moment of regret, I draw away, our hands still locked. Lily c***s her head. “Goodbye, Peter,” she says, and I feel the reluctance with which she releases my hands.

 

Her touch lingers as I tear myself away, turning back toward the entrance. I look back twice, each time seeing her standing, watching.

 

Mike, Jack, and Tommy are already waiting at the door, laughing and trading stories. But I can think of nothing but Lily. I try to snap myself out of it before they notice and make fun�"but I have to know more.

 

“Who’s that?” I ask Jack, pointing at her. I’m thankful that she’s now turned away from my direction.

 

He squints. “She’s hot,” he says appreciatively. An unexpected surge of anger runs through me, but I keep myself in check. He’s right, after all, and I nod. “Lily, I think her name is,” he continues.

 

I grunt noncommittally and start to turn away. I can try to find her later…

 

He raises an eyebrow. “Lily Bower.”

 

My eyes snap to his, and he nods at my horrified expression. My heart is sinking, and every foul word I know runs through my head. I barely hear him say, “I know, it’s a bit of a waste.”

 

I shake my head and follow him to catch up to Mike and Tommy. As we start walking down the road toward our neighborhood, I trudge along behind them. Every step chants Lily’s name, and I’m not paying attention when Mike falls back and gives me a little shove.

“Snap out of it!” He laughs as I regain my balance.

 

I plaster a smile on my face and shrug unapologetically.

 

“You should see him at home,” Tommy says to Mike. “He’s in his own little world half the time.”

 

Jack laughs and links arms with me. “We see that plenty!”

 

Their distraction is actually making me feel a bit better, but I have to go. I’ve made up my mind.

 

“Ok, ok,” I say. “I think I’m just going to go home now, actually. I’m kind of tired.”

 

They protest, saying they didn’t mean anything. I eventually convince them that I just want to go to sleep, and turn towards home, waving to them behind me.

 

I picture her face, her little smile. The feel of her lips on mine, of her silky hair. And before I know it, I’m standing in front of the Bower house again, looking up through the windows as the guests leave the building. 



© 2013 Ninja'sMuse


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on April 4, 2013
Last Updated on April 4, 2013


Author

Ninja'sMuse
Ninja'sMuse

About
Just another writer. I've always loved reading and writing, and I want to get better more than anything. So please review! I always start things and end up not finishing them, so I'm hoping this w.. more..

Writing
Warp Warp

A Story by Ninja'sMuse


Rush Rush

A Story by Ninja'sMuse