Fighting for Ourselves

Fighting for Ourselves

A Poem by Noting Society

We can let the world control us But who wants to live the life of another man’s hypocrisy? It’s a fight to be ourselves in a world where we’re told to be anything else. And its hard to do this. not because of the battle scars But because were trying to fight for someone that we’re still figuring out. How are you supposed to fight for the unknown? It’s easier to be told who we are Than to figure it out ourselves. So sometimes we give in and sometimes were on a quest With endless battles. We have to fight devils of the world as much as ourselves. Even the desert gets in the way. But still we have to keep fighting Because if not, what do we have left? Its not hard for someone to take what you barely had. Which is why we build a stronger grip. Because fighting endless battles Is better than giving into someone else’s insecurities So you can just be a trophy for their claim. I am not a court gesture for the queen of hearts. Because I have my own heart to save. And so do you. We cannot be ourselves in the shadows of someone else. We can only hope to figure it out and dream. Create a vision, imagine that vision, but don’t forget to pursue it. Or else you’re just another pedestal for the queens and kings of the world.

© 2015 Noting Society


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

So true sometimes people spend their entire life living & working for others dream. Its really an endless battle if you wont fight for yourself. Great wrote!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
1 Review
Added on June 2, 2015
Last Updated on June 2, 2015

Author

Noting Society
Noting Society

Naples, FL



About
My Name is Jordann Therese Poteet I am a young aspiring writer who just wants to be heard. I love critics and anything that is meant to make me a better writer! I hope you enjoy my writings and please.. more..

Writing