Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo

The dream that was once envisioned became true and bore true testimony that in this concrete jungle only the strong willed can stand the test of time bearing trials and tribulations. As she rushed home to prepare for the night ahead Noluthando could hardly believe that her patience, belief and endurance had actually paid off.
Bright lights illuminated the streets of the small uptown business district as she made her way to the meeting place with her friends from college who had been inspirational and supportive during her days at school. Tonight was a special night as the friends got to meet after finding success in their different field of specialty. Having graduated as the top students in each of their respective classes they set out to make their mark in the world and true to their desires the foundation that they got at school had allowed them to find acclaim that was trickling to the big cities around them.
“Hie Ladies!” Noluthando waved as she greeted all her friends who were waiting for her just outside the entrance of the restaurant in which they were going to catch up on their endeavours since the last time of their meeting. As soon as she caught up with the ladies a long group hug followed before they made their grand entrance into the restaurant. Heads rolled as the lively chatter of the girls broke the hushed tones of people conversing and the cutlery lightly dancing on the dinner plates filled with delicacies that made the mouth water as it drove one to unheralded hunger.
Ordering a bottle of the most expensive wine on offer the girls took their places around the table and shared light moments on almost everything. “Good evening ladies, thank you for choosing our restaurant for your evening,” the headwaiter announced himself as he distributed the menu books. “We have the beef/chicken and vegetable stir fry on special tonight as we celebrate 5 years of operation in this town, you ladies could not have chosen a better day to visit other than today”, He smiled as he proceeded to expertly poured out the wine for all the ladies. With the job done he moved away to give them time to choose their dish for the night.
Stunning silence followed after as each person got engrossed with the wide pool of variety meals covering the menu book pages. It showed that this group of people really loved their food. “I will go with today’s special, how befitting it is that we are here to celebrate us and it so happened the place is also celebrating?” Noluthando broke the graveyard silence at the table. The friends nodded in agreement in accordance with her suggestion and proceeded to close their menu books and waited for the waiter to come back and get their orders. The excited chatter resumed thereafter as the wine slowly coursed through their veins warming them up and making them glow.


© 2016 Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on June 11, 2016
Last Updated on June 11, 2016


Author

Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo
Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo

Piet Retief, South Africa



About
Copyright © █║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌║║ About Ntando..··♡ I am a writer, .. more..

Writing