Chapter 6- Markus

Chapter 6- Markus

A Chapter by Octi
"

Chapter 6- from Markus Cher's view

"

               All Markus heard was another crack from in front of him before Mara breathed out suddenly. Throwing his arms in front of him, he caught her right before she hit the ground. Lowering her down gently and rolling her over, he checked her pulse.

           “Passed out,” he stated, looking up at where Ver would be in the darkness. “Probably from today’s excitement.”

           “Then we need to get her out of here,” replied Ver. “I’ll carry her.”

           Markus felt her body lift up, then it was gone.

           “Let’s get going.”

           Markus stood up at Ver’s command. His hands found the wall once again and he began to follow Ver’s quickened footsteps.

           After a while of walking, Ver’s footsteps stopped. Markus stopped, too.

           “What is it?”

           “A door. I need you to hold Mara. I’ll come to you.”

           Markus heard Ver begin to walk, and he raised his hands in front of him. Suddenly feeling cloth at his fingertips, he said, “Stop.”

           Ver stopped and Markus stepped forward, realizing he was touching Mara. Sliding his arms under her, he gently lifted the body from Ver’s arms.

           “She weighs nothing,” Markus said, shocked at her weight.

           “I know. That’s why I didn’t have you carry her.”

           She felt so small as he held her. Her slow steady breathing warmed his neck where her head rested. He heard Ver move again.

           “How are you going to open it?” Markus asked.

           There was some scratching on wood before a response came. “I’ll have to bust it down. There’s no knob. Stand back.”

           Markus flattened himself against the wall and began moving away from Ver’s voice. He had only taken a few steps before Ver body slammed the door.

           It only rattled. Ver slammed the door again. Wood cracked. He slammed it again.

           Markus blinked several times as his eyes re-adjusted to the light. He watched Ver fall and showered by pieces of the door. Markus took a couple steps towards Ver. “Are you alright?”

           Ver groaned in response. Seconds later, he sat up and ran a furry hand through the fur on top of his head as he looked around. “You can come out. We’re in the middle of a forest.”

           “A forest?” echoed Markus as he began walking towards the light. “A forest?”

           Ver stood up. “I told you the passages were built during the Ub and Clute war. That was centuries ago. There could have been a city or a major base here. Or maybe an escape route. It could have been anything.”

           Markus reached Ver. “And how would you know when it was built? You’re not that old.”

           Ver chuckled. “Perks of being a personal guard to the tyrant. How about we search for a campsite? It’s almost sundown.” And with that, he set off into the forest.

           Markus hmphed and began following him again.



© 2019 Octi


Author's Note

Octi
Please let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on June 1, 2019
Last Updated on June 1, 2019
Tags: chapter 6, jas, tides


Author

Octi
Octi

TX



About
"Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results." Anonymous more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Octi


Chapter 1-Mara Chapter 1-Mara

A Chapter by Octi