Sworn off love

Sworn off love

A Poem by Dream Weaver




Overwhelmed distressed exposing my cynical heart, splintered dreams a la carte.




Yes I'm swearing off love for the very last time, “you can kiss my a*s” a victimless crime.




Emotionally frozen a dilapidated will, each day that passes I resemble road kill.




Do we all not struggle with bouts of depression, as well as abusing our own transgression?




Solitude is such a bitter pill to swallow, when you're half of a whole, that becomes completely hollow.








© 2014 Dream Weaver


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

...and I really liked the photo, too! Nice to meet you, Florida!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Your analysis is very perceptive, and brutally concise. I applaud you for the "a*s whooping" given in poetical form!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

8 Years Ago

Thank you Kelly, it comes with years of trial and error. :) and nice to meet you as well.
Fantastic progression of thoughts. Beautifully done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

8 Years Ago

Thank you Maya, always appreciate... :)
Okay, give me my hat back and no more wine for you :) PS
great poem -with the perfect amount of distain and a slow build.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

9 Years Ago

Thank you Cherrie, and all this time I thought you were holding on to my hat for me :)
Indeed, a traumatic event such as a relationship breakup etc can and often does induce some kind of mental breakdown, and a personality may transgress or regress into some lonely place !

Another finely penned, emotionally themed character analysis!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

9 Years Ago

Again many thanks Tom...much appreciated my friend.
This piece is legit and hits close to home. Nicely penned and sometimes what we think we're supposed to have is just not achievable when you have to depend on someone else to give it to you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

9 Years Ago

Thanks my friend for the kind review it's very much appreciated...and I agree with you on "depending.. read more
I think you did a phenomenal job with your first two and last two stanzas. However, I could have done without the middle stanza which strikes me as forced and doesn't seem to flow naturally with the rest of your work. Great job overall, very emotionally compelling!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

10 Years Ago

Thank you for at least being honest Virdie, I appreciate your review...again thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

459 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2014
Last Updated on April 30, 2014

Author

Dream Weaver
Dream Weaver

Paradise, FL



About
Just a few vids from my musical side.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Missing Missing

A Poem by emmajoygreen


Discarded Discarded

A Poem by Neville