Tragedy is never easy especially when your young.

Tragedy is never easy especially when your young.

A Story by Andrea Megan Kelly

When you are still in the prime of the younger years. You never picture a tragedy stopping your happiness and beauty of the world. When you are a preteen you are sheltered from the evil of the world, but when illness strikes the most important valuable treasure your world starts to crumble. You start to think it cant happen to you. You believe it's just for a short time they will come back stronger than before. You never think you could lose your Father to anything. Time goes by and he continues to desecrate right in front of you. He loses his muscles to walk, he loses his muscles in his arms, he begins to not be able to swallow, followed by losing his speech. That is when you finally wake up to realizing you have to grow up and stay strong even when you want to fall apart. You learn to not upset him because it isn't good for his health. You cry behind close doors and you start to realize that maybe it is time for him to let go and let him stop hurting so much. When you begin to do things for your Father that he should be doing for you that is when you realize that you have to grow up you have to show strength. Honestly no words could describe how great of a man he was. He hung the moon in so many peoples lives not only mine. It is such a blessing to have had the best Father I could ever imagine to show me the love and compassion that he did. I was shown how to be loved and how to give love. He worship the ground his little family walked on. The love he showed my Mother. The greatest Father to my two sisters and myself. We were his world we made his world as he made ours. I have so much respect for how kind he was knowing now how cruel and harsh this world is. There is always going to be a hole in my heart a mile wide but God had a plan much bigger than mine with him. There is no time on the healing. You do think about them everyday that part isn't as bad as it sounds. Some days it is laughter and some days it is painful. You learn to start to live again you just have to find a way to make it without them by your side. Healing is it's own process. People heal differently. You never really give them up they continue to live through you. You go crazy some days but hey who doesn't. Be your own person in this world. As always the  good die young.


XOXO,

Andrea Kelly

© 2017 Andrea Megan Kelly


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Taz
You know why it seems the good die young? because you never want them to go and never is a time they can't fulfill no matter how hard you try. again spoken true piece of emotion and gratatude. Amazing job. No matter what, keep writing I will look forward to your next piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I connected to this on a personal level and I'm glad you wrote this. Your father sounds amazing and I'm sorry for your loss. When I lost my twin sister, I lost a half of my soul and I feared it would never return. Because, well, we are one. Like you said, life isn't going to be perfect and I've learned to live with the hollow feeling. Though, one day there will come a time where I won't feel hollow and the memories will be something to smile upon, rather than look at with pain. I truly admire people like you who have the strength to keep going, no matter the pain. Eventually, we all have to move on and find our own peace. Well done!

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Taz
You know why it seems the good die young? because you never want them to go and never is a time they can't fulfill no matter how hard you try. again spoken true piece of emotion and gratatude. Amazing job. No matter what, keep writing I will look forward to your next piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 27, 2017
Last Updated on March 27, 2017

Author

Andrea Megan Kelly
Andrea Megan Kelly

Birmingham, AL



About
There is beauty in everyone's story, You just have to be willing to listen and feel their souls. more..

Writing