Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Dez
"

Now that they have escaped and made it to the woodlands of light they must find out how to stop the queen

"

Chapter 5

In the morning Carissa killed a 3 Lixs which was a medium sized animal with 3 speedy and may I add tasty red feathered legs. While they were eating Bedros said “We have to stop her,” He looked at all of them seriously.  They were all silent.

Andreas took a deep bite into a leg then murmured “And how do you pan to do this?” Bedros looked at Aldrik and asked “You must know a way to stop her,”

“I’m sorry but I do not possess that knowledge,” Bedros sighed at Aldrik.

“But you’re the oracle you must know!” Carissa raised her voice.

“There is a solution to this, the legendary scroll of knowledge the very scroll we sages received from. Sadly the queen has it locked away, but I if you truly would wish to stop  the  queen you  must travel to her castle and take it from her.,”

“Then why hasn’t she used it yet to receive the knowledge to kill us yet?” questioned Nora

“Because she doesn’t have this,” He pulled out a key from under his shawl. “Here” He offered the key to Andreas.  “You’re the one that likes to read right?” He placed the key into Andreas’s hand and smiled. “Now you all must get going. Here’s a map to the queen’s castle,” He reached into his pocket and gave it to Nora. “Now hurry she will be here soon. She can track you; the stones are naturally drawn to each other,” 

“Aren’t you coming?” Cathy eyes glimmered and she grabbed him.

“Cathy, this is a path that only contains all of you and besides these old bones won’t make it that far,” He saw that Cathy  was about  to cry  so  he took  her hand and said “I’ll  be alright” and smiled  at her, his face wrinkles exaggerated.  Everyone took Aldrik’s wisdom and took some food leaving enough for him. Carissa grabbed lily and they all said their farewells to Aldrik. They flew off and when they were in the air they could see the queen’s army just about 3 miles away from where they were. If they didn’t leave when they did the queen would have gotten them. Zale looked back; he could actually feel the queen staring at him with her demon eyes. Her eyes struck fear into him for a moment then he looked away not being able to stand all the hate and evil they held.

Leaving Aldrik behind made Patheas very livid, and he would never leave anyone behind himself, but after a few moments of thinking he realized that it had to be done. Back on the ground Aldrik heard the queen’s army and decided not to flee but to meditate. When the army finally arrived he stood up and faced it. His last words before he ran into battle were “When wind blows through the trees of heaven and a single beautiful petal is blown from the rest that is when war begins,”  He now sprinted towards  the army creating energy  in his palms. Aldrik stopped right before he and the army collided and put his palms out.  The energy  flew wildly out of his hands pugnaciously hitting every soldier  in the army. After the blast was over he realized that his it had done absolutely nothing to the army.

 He  then  took a deep breath  and closed his eyes and opened them to  see the queen smiling  at him from  his failure.

“Fate will not let you destroy me,” Dondria walked confidently up to him. Then She asked “Where did you  send them  old man,” Aldrik didn’t say a word, just laughed, only for a few seconds before the queen swiped her sword across his neck. His head rolled on the grass leaving a trail of blood behind it. The queen had lost her patients will Aldrik and was now going to call in some help.  She took a deep breath then whistled loudly so that even Nora heard it miles away. five Landren appeared in front of the queen.  Landren were vicious and bloodthirsty creatures.  They were some kind of wolf with black fur and eagle wings. They were big and sturdy and the queen knew exactly who to send them after.

“Oh no!”  Cathy said as she saw the Landren in the distance. “Landren!” she screamed.  Their blood eyes were fixed in their prey. Patheas  pulled out his crossbow  and tried  to hit them before they got  any  closer  but the landren’s  reflex to dodge  was instantaneous and now  they began  to howl. The howl echoed and chilled Cathy’s heart.

“Moro fly faster!”  Yelled Zale. Morrow sped up higher into the clouds,  but the landren were already closing in and growling to end their lives.  They started to slash and bite morrow ripping his scales off. A landren flew across Morrows back suddenly and cut Bedros   deeply in the arm.  Andreas was trying to hit them with fireballs but he kept missing.

“Burn you Mosters!,” Andreas yelled. He was now frustrated and throwing them rapidly. He managed to hit one and sent it burning to the ground like a comet from space. Then one tackled Carissa from behind off Moro and sent her hurtling towards the ground. 

“Carissa!” Bedros screamed as he jumped of Moro.

“Bedros!” Cathy stopped fighting and looked down at his body getting closer to Carissa’s.  two of the landren saw them and now started flying down catch them in their teeth.  “Morrow fly under them! Hurry!” He dived down quickly and managed to get underneath Bedros and Carissa catching them both. Morrow then went into a thick bundle of clouds, losing the rest of the Landren. The landren all howled at one extremely loud.

“So they are heading south,” Dondria heard the howls and understood them. “they have no idea,” she laughed.

“I hate landren,” Andreas said.

 “The skies aren’t save anymore we have to travel by foot.  Moro land us,” Bedros said depressingly. 

 “Well how are we supposed to travel on foot with Moro. He’s made for the sky not the ground?”  Asked Cathy as looked stared behind them. 

“Moro will have to fend for himself, he’ll be ok,” Bedros petted the side of Moro. Then Moro landed them in a small village. It wasn’t very heavily populated and was full of drunks and rugged looking people.

“Be good” said Zale as Moro flew away. He was gone in seconds.

“Cover your stones, these people don’t look to friendly,” Carissa buttoned her vest concealing her stone.“So if we’re going to break into the queen’s castles were going to have to find someone who’s been inside it,” Said Andreas as they walked into the bar.

            “And how are we going to do that?” asked Nora as she stared at the mysterious people around.

“Well we’ll just have to pick and choose,” said Carissa as they sat down at a bar table. They looked around for someone suitable, tough, determined looking.

            “What about that guy?”  Nora pointed the tall rasping man covered in scars with dirty blond hair.

Then they all looked at each other insisting each other to confront him until Carissa said “ok ok I’ll do it.”  Carissa walked up to the man confidently and asked “You look like you know your way around, think you could get us inside  Drondria’s castle.”

“ you shouldn’t be going around asking strangers that little girl,”

“You’re not that big yourself little boy,” she sounded stimulating

 The man laughed. “So you’re looking for a person who can get you inside the queen’s castle.” He reached over and finished his drink and said “Well I can’t help you with that but that guy can. He pointed to a small creature with large ears. “His name Chork.”

“Who called me name? These ears aren’t just for the ladies!” Chork shouted as he pulled out his knives.  The others now stood up and got their weapons ready.

“This girl wants to know how to…” he didn’t want to say it out loud so he called him over. Everyone sat down.

Chork only a few feet tall walked like he was seven feet. His shoulders leading and with a mean look in his eye. His approach changed when he saw Carissa “Why hello lovely.” Chork ran over and kissed Carissa’s hand. 

“A… no I don’t go that low.” Carissa pulled her hand away in disgust.

“Chork, this girl needs someone to get her inside the queen’s castle.”

“Well she better keeps looking because I’m never going back inside there. She almost chopped of me ears!” Chork grabbed his ears in comfort.

“Chork help the lady out. Consider it paying your debt to me.” The man lifted up his pants to show a wooden peg.” The man glowered at Chork.

Chork sighed and put his head down then said depressingly “alright I’ll do it, but before I go through hell I want a drink.” The man handed Chork a shot. “I said in was going through hell not plain of daises.” the man asked the bartender for a bottle and handed it to Chork. “That’s more like it! Now let’s get a move on we’ve got a long way to go.”

Chork and the others walked out of the bar and were now on their way to the queen’s castle. “So why do you want to get in the queens castle? There are a lot of troubles you got to go through….” asked Chork as they walked through the forest.

“Well we need to get an um… chest from inside so we can stop her from getting our stones,” said Nora as she looked at the map.

“Wait you’re the six children of the stones!”  Chork ran in front of all of us.

  “Yeah.”  Nora said as her and the others walked around Chork almost annoyed with the question.

“So the map says that we’ll have to go along those mountains,” Nora pointed to the mountains in the distance, “and we’ll have to go through the bewitched village.”

“We can go through there,” Andreas told Nora.

“Well it’s the only way and we can’t go all the way around.  Why don’t you think we should?” Nora took the map from her eyes and glared at Andreas.

“Going  by what I read people who tried to go that way through the mountains became prisoners  to the witches that live their so I don’t exactly think that’s what we need.”  Andreas was now sounding defensive and he stepped into space.

“Listen it the quickest way and with the queen’s army behind us we need to take the quickest path that they wouldn’t think that we would take.”

“Don’t talk to me like I don’t know the obvious!” Andreas yelled at her.

“Guys stop,” when they heard Bedros they were silent. “Nora’s right it’s the quickest way and that why we have to take it.” Bedros tried not to yell knowing that I would just make the issue worse. They continued on towards the village, but before Bedros started to walk again Andreas gave him a short but potent glare then continued on.

 



© 2013 Dez


Author's Note

Dez
this chapter is not my best so please forgive me....

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on June 6, 2013
Last Updated on June 6, 2013


Author

Dez
Dez

Pittsburgh , PA



About
Well i'm a young writer and i really don't have anyone to give me feed back. i have a lot of plot holes and i need some help. so yeah i'm really honest and i give real reviews not "good job," and "i l.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Dez


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Dez


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Dez