Possible Prolouge.

Possible Prolouge.

A Story by Orez
"

Intro to a long story i would love to write one day. No paragraph structure whatsoever at the moment.

"
 
It was a stormy night in the little village, and the old woman had stoked the fires twice over to keep out the cold. She knew it would be a sleepless night, as she would need to keep a persistant vigil on the shutters and the few patches in the roof that still needed repair. She pulled her housecoat tight around her as she hurried the two young ones to bed. "Hurry up now children, its well past yo...ur bedtime..." she reminded them "and this storm is going to be right rough from the looks of it." The children climbed into the. They pulled the blanket up right beneath their chins. "Tell us a story gran'a please." said the little boy. "Yes please gran'a. It will help us sleep." The old woman sighed and pulled her rocking chair near the bed. She really hadn't planned on story telling tonight, but whether it was the storm, or her sullen demeanor that evening, they had been well behaved as they ate their supper, and taken their bath, and so she felt they had earned a story, especially on such a dismal night. "Alright my dears, how about the story of Migur and his magic talisman?" The young boy pouted "Im tired of that one." The old woman sighed again. "Alright then, how about Coren and Amalda's Adventure? You always like that one." The little girl tossed her hands out from under the blanket and whined "You told us that one only a few nights ago gran'a. Tell us a story we havn't heard before!" The old woman leaned back in her chair and closed her eyes. She thought, searched her mind for some long forgotten story from her childhood that might entertain the children. She thought for so long the two young ones wondered if she had fallen asleep herself. Finally, her lips curled in a smile. She opened her eyes, revealing a spark of her youth. She had remembered a story she had never told them. One that she knew very well. "Alright my dears...i'll tell you a story that happened long long ago, way back when I was just a young woman myself." At this, both the sets of eyes peeking out from under the covers widened. The woman got up, and threw another log onto the fire, then picked up an extra blanket for herself, draping it across her lap as she sat back down. "A story that very few people remember, and even fewer believe, but I tell you, it all happened. Every bit of it. As sure as i sit before you tonight." The children were no longer huddled together beneath the blanket, but now sitting upright against the rickety headboard of the straw stuffed bed. Their eyes shone in the firelight as they listened to every raspy word the woman spoke. The old woman edged her chair just a little closer them and then leaned foreward, looking them in the eyes. "Perhaps it is time I told you, The Orezian Legend"

© 2012 Orez


Author's Note

Orez
As i said, no paragraph structure. Needs a little more description of the scene.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on March 6, 2012
Last Updated on March 6, 2012

Author

Orez
Orez

Opelika, AL



About
Starting to take my writing somewhat seriously and figured this would be a good place to start. Most of my stuff is very old and I don't have much recent work. I have a short scene/fantasy motif and m.. more..

Writing