Sunday

Sunday

A Chapter by OtherWoman

                          Sunday

Dear Wifee,

     If you were to glance at me in passing you would never know my other side existed. I volunteer at my babies' schools, bake goodies for their bake sales, send in treats for their class parties, and chauffer them to and from the movies, sleepovers and playdates. I sit next to you and watch them play sports, act in plays and practice martial arts, the same as any other doting mom. They haven't got a clue as to my other side. They do know I go out and have a social life beyond them. They also know I am not in a committed relationship.

     My daughter is of an age where she is interested in boys and dating. She is very much into the relationship aspect of things. She defines herself by whether she has a boyfriend or not. Something I think we all did as teenagers, because if we were in a relationship it meant we were desirable and wanted, we fit in somewhere, which is what every teenager strives for.

     Recently, her boyfriend of some months text late one night and broke up with her. She, of course, was devastated. I sat on her bed as she cried and told her everything a mother is supposed to, "its not the end of the world, there will be another for you and you deserve better and so on." After about thirty minutes and a pint of brownie cheesecake ice cream, she was curled up with me watching some crazy comedian, laughing herself silly, and he was but a paragraph in the novel of her life.

     I see myself as a paragraph in you man's life, no more, no less. I'm just a few sentences on the page stuffed somewhere between the more important stories of his life: you, his babies, his family and everything else which comprises his complete novel.

                      From my heart to yours,

                             Myz Tress



© 2009 OtherWoman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on November 29, 2009


Author

OtherWoman
OtherWoman

Somewhere Out There



Writing
Saturday Saturday

A Chapter by OtherWoman