Beware: Heart-wrenching scene ahead!

Beware: Heart-wrenching scene ahead!

A Story by OutOfTheBoxPen
"

This is your final warning, this will be sad.

"
The pup lay on the ice near the river, squirming. "Where's my mommy? Mommy!" The air itself seemed to shatter as the ice tore itself from the riverbank. The pup yowled in fear as it saw its mother running along the bank toward it. He smiled and began to wag his tail in joy. Then the ice cracked. His face showed absolute fear as he plunged into the water. He sank toward the bottom and felt the current tear around him. He was like a leaf in the wind now. He let out a few bubbles as his mom dove into the water and dragged him to the surface. He landed on the riverbank and looked up as his vision split and cleared, then split again. He smiled and looked directly at her. Her face was a mess, tears streaming down her cheeks as she smiled fearfully at him. Water dribbled out of his mouth with every breath. Then, he spoke. "I'll see you in the pack of eternal life, mom." His eyes closed and a final, raspy breath escaped him. His little body shuddered one final time and he went still. "Goodbye my son. Goodbye. May the stars guide your path to the pack of eternal life."

© 2017 OutOfTheBoxPen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't know what I expected with a title like that however I feel like you conveyed a lot of emotion in such a short story and enjoyed it, I loved the 'pack of eternal life' line, it was really optimistic!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OutOfTheBoxPen

7 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
1 Review
Added on March 13, 2017
Last Updated on March 13, 2017