Cooling

Cooling

A Chapter by OutOfTheBoxPen
"

Yeah, cooling glass? Eh? Oh, just read it.

"
Lily grabbed the bag in her talons and looked expectantly at Kazoo. Kazoo just said, "Now fly!" Real helpful, dude. Lilly weakly flapped her wings and hooted in delight as she rose in the air. She started to soar around the room (Kind of hitting the walls) and Kazoo half-yelled, "See, it's fun, isn't it?!" Lily chirped happily in response. Without a word, Kazoo flew out the window and Lily had no choice but to follow.
Kazoo and Lily soared for about 15 minutes until Kazoo suddenly landed on a metal bird perch outside of a lab. Lily hadn't ever landed before, so she ended up hanging upside from the bird perch when she tried. Kazoo started to giggle when he saw her upside down, then burst out laughing when she attempted to flap her wings to rise. When Lily finally struggled to the top, she shot Kazoo a death glare and slowly, his laughter dissolved into light chuckles. Kazoo said, "Well, that was funny. You really need to learn how to land though. If you are going to help, you have to be good. Real good." 
Lily looked at him with what seemed to be a mix of anger and surprise at his insolence. "Who says that I'm not good?" Suddenly, the door to the lab slowly crashed open. It seemed mechanical and echoed in the fearful silence. Kazoo didn't even react, he just soared through the gaping door. Lily flinched away -the metal door was like the gaping jaws of a beast (Teeth included). Lily cautiously inched forward into the doorway. As soon as her tail-feathers were clear of the door, it slammed shut. 
Lily was plunged into darkness.
And she was drowning.


© 2017 OutOfTheBoxPen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on June 16, 2017
Last Updated on June 16, 2017