It Begins

It Begins

A Chapter by OutOfTheBoxPen
"

EXPOSITION ON THE WAY

"
Lily entered the room, her hands clenched together and her heart beating rapidly. She wanted to trust Kazoo, but could she? She might have just been kidnapped! She sighed tightly, and walked to the center of the room. "Y-you wanted to see me?" The figure turned. "Yes, I did. You see, we need your help." Lily laughed sarcastically. "How could I help you? I can't even land on a bird perch." The cat thing shook its head. "Look, we need all the help we can get. As you know by now, those wings on your back allow you to shapeshift. The problem is, the ones without the wings can't and they hate us for that. You may only have gotten your wings last night, but this has happened for 3 weeks now. Just yesterday, some of the ones without wings tried to kill one of us. They died and,before we got any info, the ones that killed them vanished. To make things simple, we call ourselves glassies and the ones without wings non-glassies. Got all that so far?" Lily shook her her head yes as her mind grasped all of the info."Good. There's more. I have been trying to figure out how to make more of us, but we need more of us recruited before they are killed. In other words, you are going to help Kazoo find more of us. You won't have to do this for more than a week, after which my tests should have some replacements ready. Now go. There's no time to waste." Lily nodded and then paused. "How do you locate glassies?" The creature sighed. "You can feel the radiance of their wings. Just trust me, okay?" Lily nodded, and started to leave the room. As she did so, she headed for the changing room to shapeshift. 
It begins. 


© 2017 OutOfTheBoxPen


Author's Note

OutOfTheBoxPen
Hah, sorry for the exposition dump.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on August 11, 2017
Last Updated on August 11, 2017