The Welding

The Welding

A Chapter by OutOfTheBoxPen
"

Hehe. Get it? Glass, Welding? Eh Eh? Okay just read it.

"
Lily sat on her comfy blue bed in her room. She was just sitting there, thinking about stuff that was beyond her grasp of understanding, when she felt my eyes getting heavy. Time to sleep. 

Then she was lost to the void that is her sleep. She thought that she saw a scientist standing over a small, saggy cot that she lay on but then classical music started playing and her brain was pacified by the soothing music. Wait a second, I never liked classical music! That was her last thought before she drifted off to sleep's clutches again.

She woke up trembling and screaming. Her back itched like crazy. She turned around to scratch it, and she screeched loudly when she saw light green, glassy wings. This is one odd dream. She pinched herself, but it hurt. Uh oh. She looked at her back again. The wings just gleamed back at her. 

Tink Tink Tink. What's that noise? The noise came again. Ugh. What now? I'm already in a bad mood. Lily walked over to her window -Well, less like walked, more like stumbled- and started as she saw a light brown owl outside of her window. It tapped at the glass again. Lily opened the window and it soared in, perching on her bed. Then -with a flash of light- it turned into a light brown cat. It went into her closet and she stared after it, dumbfounded. Did that owl just shapeshift? Lily was confused when the cat came out, looking distressed. Lily picked it up and the cat jumped out of her arms, running to her brother's room.  She heard some rummaging, then saw the cat run into the bathroom. Another flash of light followed, and there was sounds of a struggle. What in the heck is that cat doing?

After about 5 minutes of waiting, the bathroom door opened slightly. A face looked out, checking to see that no one saw him. He then crept out, and Lily said, "Hey, what just happened?" The boy stopped mid-step and suddenly two blue wings ripped out of the back of his shirt. Lily gasped. "You have them too!" The boy suddenly ran into her room and hid in her closet. Lily asked, "What's your name?" The boy responded quietly from the closet, "Kazoo. My name is Kazoo." Lily responded, "Oh. I guess your parents liked odd names." Awkward silence followed.

Lily decided to do something. "Hey, can you please leave my closet?" Kazoo responded, "I'd rather not, but if you say so." He exited the closet and looked down at the floor, blushing. "Sorry miss. I didn't mean to barge in like that. What's your name?" Lily looked at him awkwardly. "My name is Lily. Also, I'm your age, so please don't call me miss." Kazoo looked up and stared her in the eyes. "Nice to meet you, Lily. Boy, that's a nice name. I wish my name was that great." Lily noticed that his eyes were a deep blue. Boy, she liked blue. His eyes looked like the sea, rising and falling in a wavy pattern. She loved them.

Lily suddenly realized how her train of thought had gone off the tracks and mentally hit herself. I can't like him. No. No. Can't like him. Her thoughts suddenly decided to announce themselves. Without her meaning too, she said, "I wish my eyes were as great as yours. The're blue. I love blue." The boy just stared at her and started to laugh. Lily blushed and decided that she wanted the ground to swallow her up. The boy slowly stopped laughing and said, "Um, my mentor wanted me to come get you. He wants you brought to him." Lily said sarcastically, "Well, how are we gonna get there?" The boy simply laughed and said, "Look, I know this sounds weird, but you might wanna think about birds. And, it would probably be best if you took off your clothes and put them in a bag to take with you." 

Lily almost glared at him. "I am NOT changing in front of you. I'd rather keep my clothes on when in my room alone with a random guy I don't know." Kazoo caught her meaning and blushed like a tomato. "Oh god, calm down! It's just so that when you shapeshift you don't have to do wriggle out of the clothes and then put them in a bag." He shook his head. "I'm not that kind of guy. Look, watch." He closed his eyes and the owl was back in a literal flash. Lily concentrated at becoming that same owl and she cursed as her mind put full effort into something. She suddenly was eye level with Kazoo's bird. The Kazoo-owl chirped in delight as he said, "See! Now you have to wriggle out of your clothes and put them in a bag to take with us!" 


© 2017 OutOfTheBoxPen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on June 16, 2017
Last Updated on June 16, 2017