The Lies You Tell

The Lies You Tell

A Story by Paityn Parque

Her body was silent, not even bothering to breathe as she wound through the forest. The only sound that suggested she was there was the snap and crunch of dead leaves and limbs of twigs. The only sound that suggested she existed was her heart screaming in her rib cage, and her mind told her that somebody could hear her a mile away. That wasn't good.
    Weaving her way barefoot through the forest like a graceful gazelle, the girl could only focus on one thing only: Run. Her veins were singing with adrenaline, and her heart only pumped on fear. A black smoke with curling tendrils reached up and constricted her lungs like snatching something from a child. Eventually, the girl couldn't fight the black smoke as it engulfed her heart and crawled with elegance to her head. She didn't resist from there, and so now she had nothing to lose. 
      Fear constricted her lungs; Fear ripped at her heart and made it heavy like a rainy storm cloud; Fear altered her brain and made her a new person until she learned to quiet it. Fear, made everything possible.

   She could hear a twig snap behind her as she bounded down the hill and into the thick bush. Her feet and ankles were badly cut, ones where thorns found their homes snugged next to her bones. But she ignored them because a bigger problem was at stake. The footsteps behind her grew lighter and quieter, but the girl knew not to be fooled in looking back. 
   It would get her killed.
   Heavy gasps clawed at her throat to be let out, and she knew it would only be a few more seconds of sprinting before they won out. And it only meant she was going to die even sooner. 
   Weaving her way through the forest like she knew every pebble and twig where it lay, the girl leaps over a log. A set of footsteps landing on soft earth only meant her pursuer was not far behind. Bloody footprints trailed the girl as she bounded, and ducked out of sight's way. The earth drank her footsteps up greedily, until a red tint was only left in the dirt to indicate she was once there. 
  The wind slapping at her face, the girl ducks under a low-hanging tree and grabs a fallen branch, tired of playing the inevitable cat's and mouse game. Whirling around with feline agility, the girl blindly swings the stick in the general direction her attacker would be. She missed, connecting with nothing but vast air. And that was a fatal mistake.

   Before she knew it, the girl felt warm trickle down her stomach, and choking breath in her face. Her veins singed with too much adrenaline, masking the knife protruding from her stomach. Eyes wide and buggy, the girl gazes up and into the eyes of a man. 
   
  The love of her life.
  Or so she thought.

© 2018 Paityn Parque


Author's Note

Paityn Parque
This was made in a rush but I want to know what you think of this piece

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on November 1, 2018
Last Updated on November 2, 2018
Tags: horror, suspenseful, creepy, dark, mystery

Author

Paityn Parque
Paityn Parque

Puyallup, WA



About
I'm a new author, (Well, soon to be) Currently, I'm working on my very first book called Bleeding Veins, which would be an e-book. just starting to put my feet in the water instead of head-first, righ.. more..

Writing