Chapter two: Resistance

Chapter two: Resistance

A Chapter by Paityn Parque
"

Second chapter if you are interested... Please hand me feedback, and if you don't like it, lay it on me. I can take it.

"

Chapter Two: Resistance

 

 

Jaclyn wakes up, her arms outstretched from the bed, not taking chances with her daggers while she was sleeping. She itches her nose with the back of her hand and climbs out of bed. Last night, there was no activity from Ian, but she knew he wouldn’t give up so easily. He was planning something, trying to get plans for the virus, trying to prepare Jaclyn, but that wasn’t going to happen. College was going to get paid for, so she was glad she didn’t need to worry about it. For now, though, Jaclyn needed to focus on how to retract her enhancements. She stretches then walks downstairs. Her whole body tenses when she hears Ian down in the basement talking on a phone. “…Yes, she will be ready.” Pause. “No, I assure you, Yates, that she won’t need anything else. She’s very capable, but she doesn’t know yet.” Another pause. “She’s still upstairs, sleeping.” Pause. “Yates, I’ll see you at my place, four, alright?” Jaclyn absorbs the information like a sponge, already chewing on it to find the toy inside. Who was her dad talking to, and what does she not know? Apart from him acting strangely, there was nothing Jaclyn could figure out from Ian. She decides to keep this to herself instead of confronting Ian. God knows what he is capable of. She creeps up to her room, trying to be as silent as she can. When she reaches her room, she closes her door and plops down on her bed. Now to retract these things. Jaclyn looks at her daggers, washed from Ian’s blood. She concentrates, thinking about how she wants them to retract, but nothing happens. She concentrates harder, focusing on how she could vividly see the results if they retracted, but nothing happens again. She tries again, watching in her mind’s eye how she could see them retract cleanly and smoothly. But nothing happens. Frustrated, she lashes out at her bed sheet, tearing the mattress with it. It shreds like soft butter, giving some satisfaction. She just wishes, just needs, just, wants for her to become normal again. She needs that, but how would she achieve that? She didn’t know. Jaclyn then gets up and looks in the mirror. Her blood-orange swirled eyes move as if it were an existing universe. She now notices her mouth is pushed out a little because of her large teeth. It was strange how they didn’t affect her speaking. She bares her lips and stares at her nightmarish teeth. Instead of having flat bottoms, the fronts of her teeth had a pointed tip and were shaped like her canines. They also had grown a centimeter, which made it look even more werewolf. Her bottoms were the exact same as if they were duplicates. But what scared her, even more, was how her lower row of teeth was pushed out, matching the same length as the tops. And when she smiled, her pointed teeth would line up together, each tooth fit in the exact spot where two tops should be. And to make that happen she noticed that there were fewer bottom teeth and the tops were evenly spaced out. When she smiled, it didn’t look genuine, it looked devilish. There was no space or blackness of her mouth, just the lines of where every sharp tooth was located. It scared her. Her mouth completely white and demonic wasn’t what she planned for, but she guessed Ian had other plans for them.

She takes a peek at her daggers more closely. They came from her regular nails, protruding longer than when she first saw them. She guessed they were growing at a slow rate after she commanded them to grow somehow. How did she do that? Was she like that when she woke? No, she felt her teeth widen and grow, her mouth expanding to its content. So, how did she do it? Her mind wanders to the emotion she felt for Ian when she awoke. Anger. Hatred. Was that it? An emotion that caused it? She doubted it, but what else could it be? But if it was, how could she get angry? Of course, Ian always pissed her off somehow, and she knew she got angry enough. So what was it? Frustration? No, it couldn’t be it. It must be something else that she couldn’t grasp. Jaclyn turns away from the mirror and sits on the torn up bed. She thinks about how that day made her feel so angry, so pissed off that she couldn’t control herself. Jaclyn hypes herself up for one last try, hoping it could be it. She closes her eyes and clears her mind, focusing on the one thing and only. Her hand twitches as she focuses and sees at the same time how the results are, not watching the motion, but at the same time watching it. It was strange for Jaclyn but she pushes forward, hope creating a tear in her. It was done in a few seconds, she opens her eyes. Her hearing of the AC downstairs was still there, so she knew it didn’t work. She sighs, but it was cut off abruptly when she feels a strange feeling in her mouth. A tingling sensation, then she feels her mouth begin to shrink. Running her tongue over her shrinking teeth, she feels how they mold back to normal. A tsunami of relief and hope flood through her. That was it, she had to find what to do, and it was that easy.

Her daggers start to shrink too, but at an alarming rate. And in seconds her fingers were normal again. Then her eyesight goes back to the normal shade, flooding every bone in Jaclyn’s body with relief. She was normal again. She runs to the mirror and looks at herself. Her eyes were emerald green again. Her raised cheekbones give meaning to her now, somehow she notices and appreciates every inch of her face again. She wasn’t pretty in her own thoughts, but everyone said she was. She turns her face to the side, looking at the scar that ran from the edge of her left eyebrow the tip of her ear. Ian said she was born with it, but she knew that was a lie. It resurfaces a memory to Jaclyn’s eyes.

 

“Dad? Where are you?” Jaclyn comes out from her seeking spot and races upstairs to find Ian. Her little feet stomp as she races downstairs empty-handed. She checks his office, the kitchen, and the living room but he wasn’t in sight. The last thing she didn’t check was the basement. She races down the steps, her little feet clomping. She grasps the door in her small hands and pulls with a mighty heave. What she sees was Ian standing before her. He towers over her, leaning in a little too much. A very thin rope with a handle on the on the end is what he holds. “I found you, daddy!” Jaclyn cries. She smiles, oblivious to his intentions. “Come in sweetie, ok?” Ian asks. Her little feet clomp heavily as she stomps playfully inside the basement. Ian shuts the door and locks it before he turns on a radio blaring heavy metal music. Jaclyn never had a taste for his music. She turns around for him as always and shuts her eyes tight. Waiting for the pain to happen. Ian always told her what he was doing was a good thing, and she believed him. Tough love was what he would call it. He had whipped her the first time when she was 4 after she spilled a drink on him on accident. Jaclyn was five when she had gotten whipped by a real whip. She had cried out in pain unexpectedly and had turned to face Ian as he was in mid-strike. She had got caught on the face, and Ian had told her that was enough for that day. He had left her in the locked basement bleeding everywhere and crying so loudly you could hear it over the screaming music. Jaclyn didn’t know how she lived with that, let alone all the dozen of scars and scabs she has on her back and arms. She always wore long sleeved shirts out in public. The beatings had stopped when she was about 13. That was when she had started realizing what he was doing was wrong, and that she could defend herself. Ian had stopped slowly, then all together stopped. She didn’t know why, but she didn’t complain. She learned that a long time ago.

Now realizing her father’s actions was devastating, especially when Jaclyn always explored new memories of her past life. It was like reliving the day she was whipped by his belt, or the real whip when she actually did something to make Ian angry. Jaclyn turns away from the mirror, disgusted. She runs her hands through her long, wavy brown hair and runs her tongue over her teeth. She licks her lips as her stomach starts to growl.

Jaclyn starts down the stairs intent on some breakfast. She looks at her watch. It was 10:34. She must have been in her room for too long as she sees Ian sitting at the kitchen counter. He was scrolling on his phone, but she knew he was just waiting for her. She takes a quick glance at his forearm before he looks up at her presence. It was bandaged, but dried, crusty blood stains it. Must be old. She turns away from him and opens up the fridge to grab milk. Her mother was due to come tomorrow, and maybe go shopping for milk as she pours the rest of it into a glass. She feels Ian’s gaze averted from his phone and has shifted on her. Jaclyn found that she didn’t care.

She takes a swig from the glass and sets it down with a clunk. She turns to face him and smiles as he sees her normal looking. His dark brown eyes lighten in surprise, she could see it on his face as he tries to conceal it. But he doesn’t say a word with her. Jaclyn guessed that her internal abilities, like the super hearing, and strength still existed without her enhancements out. But she could sense other things about it. Like how she could feel Ian’s gaze avert her and go back to scrolling through his text messages. What is this? She could feel him reading a text. Jaclyn knew there was more potential to the ability, so she plunges deeper. She looks onto his awareness and it was like she attached her mind to his like a leech. She could feel his thoughts, but they were fuzzy and clouded, like looking at a page full of words without glasses. She couldn’t grasp onto his own thoughts and be precise, but she sensed his emotions. Scared, surprised, frantic, stressed. It was like she was feeling the emotions strongly at the same time, feeling what he was feeling. Jaclyn knew that wasn’t it, so she plunges even deeper. She felt curiosity course through Ian. Why did he have a sudden change of emotion? She didn’t know but then felt his eyes averted from his phone and onto her. She didn’t see through her own eyes now but in his. He was staring at Jaclyn, and it felt weird for Jaclyn to see herself in someone else’s eyes. Like it wasn’t her. Suspicion now mixes with the curiosity as Ian looks at her. Then she sees her dead eyes staring dully at Ian. No wonder.

“Yes?” She hears Ian say, but she only takes it like it was spit underwater, dull. She disconnects from his mind and shakes her head. “Nothing, I was just staring at your shirt, it had some crumbs on it. It was bothering me.” He nods and looks back at his phone, reading a text that labeled “Chris Yates.” That was the guy on the phone that was coming over at four. She nods to herself and quickly scurries to her room. She shuts the door and lets her mind flow free, latching onto Ian as it does. He stares at the text, and his phone was no phone, but a burner. What the hell has he been up to? Jaclyn reads the text:

Yates: She ready?

Ian: Yea. Did the BW work?

Yates: Yep, she’s ready to go, Doc.

Ian: Are you sure she’s safe. She beat me up pretty hard yesterday, and her levels of emotions seem to be getting out of hand.

Yates: That was all part of the plan, but idk. She’s just a prototype, so I’d be careful no matter what the scientists say Doc.

Ian: I hope you’re right. Do you know all of her enhancements?

Yates: No, but the scientists back at the lab must know, right?

Ian: Don’t know, and that worries me. She’s acting strange, but she retracted her enhancements without my help, so I take that for a good sign she’s getting a grip.

Yates: That’s good. Let’s hope she doesn’t get too out of hand.

 

Jaclyn was shocked. They were using her as what, a prototype? She disconnects by simply pulling the plug and shakes her head. What were they going to be using her for? She hoped whoever this, including Ian, would pay for what they did to her.

 

That day, Jaclyn went out. She got dressed, avoiding her gaze at the scars that covered almost every inch of her legs, back, and arms. She puts on jean shorts and a clean, white tank top that hugs her curves. By now, Jaclyn couldn’t care less if anybody saw her scars now. If they had a problem, she would take care of it. Everything she has gone through should make her stronger, and her daring action made her feel more confident in herself. She combs her hair and brushes her teeth, setting out to get away from the house she’s been cooped up in. She takes the stairs two at a time, almost knocking Ian over as he steps in front of her, phone in hand. It wasn’t the same phone he had, the burner, so he must have gotten rid of the other one. He leaps out of the way before they can collide and gives her a skeptical look as she strides past him to the kitchen counter, grabbing her keys. “Stop!” He shouts as she disappears out of the door. He was probably thinking about her scars showing. Jaclyn barges outside and unlocks her car, taking a moment to taste and breathe the fresh air. Ian shows up at the front door not long after she came out, red-faced. “Jaclyn! Get in here!” He shouts dramatically, knowing there were neighbors outside minding their own business. “No, you can’t control me anymore.” She says over her shoulder, swinging her keys on her index finger. She could feel Ian’s anger behind her come alive like a plug pulled. “But I have a meeting today with one of my colleagues. He wants to see you.” Jaclyn stops and turns around to face Ian. His face looks exhausted. Jaclyn c***s an eyebrow. “Why does he want to see me?” She asks, playing dumb. He looks across the street and over his shoulder before saying: “Come inside and I’ll explain everything.”

Jaclyn looks at her watch: 3:26. S**t, I don’t have any time anymore. Where did it all go? She lets go of an internal groan and lets her shoulders sag dramatically. “Why does he want to see me?” She asks again, wanting to find any way to not go inside. Ian crosses his arms. “I’ll tell you in-“

“No, you either tell me now, or I’m leaving to go see my friends.” Truth was, Jaclyn didn’t have many friends, and she really didn’t like people when it came to a choice, but she told herself it was healthy to interact with people. Jaclyn had a few close friends, but that was it. And to let them into her personal life was hard at first, but once she did, she actually liked them. They grew up together for years and till this day they are still considered family to her.

Ian sighs and says: “John Yates, he’s in business with me back at the corporation. Few people know about your enhancements. He wants to know more about you and why you got them.” Jaclyn’s gut was hit with a punch of surprise. She knew that Yates already knew, but for Ian to admit it to her was something else. She tries to hide the emotion on her face as she growls: “I never chose to get them, you got that choice. I wouldn’t want this for me.” She points at herself, doing a wild sweep. “Please, Jaclyn.” Ian pleads. But Jaclyn knew him too well, she turns around and, obviously in a caught mood, strides the last few steps to her brown Sedan and yanks the door open with a little too much force. She could feel the handle creak under the force. She gets in hastily and starts the car. Ian doesn’t take a second glance back at her as he vanishes into the house. She could hear the door slam as she pulls out of the driveway, blaring music out of her car.

 

Jaclyn honestly didn’t know where to go. She makes a loop around her neighborhood before she decides to go into the city. She looks in the mirror, flipping it towards her as she stops at a red light. Her face was covered with a thin sheet of sweat, and her eyes were bloodshot. From what? She didn’t know, but she figured it must have to be some side effect to the enhancements. Her face and body start to create small droplets of sweat as she gets deeper in the city. Jaclyn doesn’t know why she was sweating so much, but she turns on the AC to full blast.

The city was buzzing with people. Everyone bustling around since it was Friday. As she drove past, Jaclyn saw a couple holding hands, laughing. She also saw a family running across the street, apparently in a hurry. She could feel their stress for what seemed as they were late for a bus stop to get somewhere important. She looks at her watch. 3:54. Yates was going to arrive soon, and she was going to be home for that, but for now, Yates could wait. Jaclyn pulls into the parking lot near the local mall. Plenty of teenagers were buzzing around too, with friends or loved ones, their mood was gleeful and stress-free. Jaclyn gets out of her car and locks it, walking down an alley as a shortcut. Just as she passes a few trash bags aligned against the wall, Jaclyn’s gut gets a bad feeling that comes over her like a rain cloud. Something’s not right. She stops walking and looks around at all angles, but only finds the musty smell of molding apartments and the dumpster can. A few rats scatter past as she continues to move forward. But now, the feeling pulses inside her head like a flashing red light. What is it? Up ahead of her was another large dumpster can and even farther was the sidewalk lit up like Christmas. Cars zip by in the road ahead, oblivious to Jaclyn’s strange behavior. She takes another step forwards but was quickly cut short when a raspy voice calls out, “Jaclyn.” Her heart flutters in her throat as she backs up a step. She takes a defensive stance, looking straight ahead, knowing that something was there in front. She reaches her mind’s awareness out to see if there was anyone there, but the lie was cut dead. “Jaclyn.” The voice calls out again. Male.

“Where are you?” Jaclyn calls out, but no response was given. Inside her head, lights were flashing everywhere, causing her spine to trickle with chills. “Who are you?” She calls out again. There was a slight moan, but no words followed it. Jaclyn debates over if she should arm herself, but it would risk exposing herself. God knows what outcome that would cause, she could even be hunted down.

“Go back home.” The voice hissed. This time it came from behind her. She whips around, expecting to find a burly man, but nothing was there except trash flying in the slight breeze. “Show yourself!”

“Go home.” It hisses again, followed by a soft moan. What the hell? She looks above her, and finds a void of soft darkness and shut windows. She looks at all angles but finds she’s alone. It gave her the chills. Something inside of her strongly wanted to go home, but she resisted the feeling. Jaclyn inhales slowly, closing her eyes as she does. She reaches out to find any mind, but there was nothing. Nobody was around or close enough to say that. “Where are you?” Jaclyn says, the wind snatching her voice away into the strong breeze.

“Where might you think I am?” It rumbles. The voice was like a siren in her head, coming from all directions. She clutches her ears and lets out a loud moan. The voice chuckles like thunder cracking inside her very head, causing her to cry out in pain. “Sleep.” It calls out. Like a moth drawn to a flame, Jaclyn could feel a wave of black come across her. The last thing Jaclyn felt was her head cracking on the cement with a wet slap, making the darkness feel welcomed.

 

 

Jaclyn could sense Ian’s mind before she opened her eyes. There was also another one there too. She reaches her mind out as easy as flipping a switch and looks into Ian’s eyes. He was talking to a young man. He had summer brown hair and light blue eyes. His face was etched with laughing lines that accompanied several small freckles across his face. Jaclyn found that she found him attractive. But she quickly shakes off the feeling as her mind registers its Yates. She was at home, sitting in an uncomfortable chair in the basement. Ian and Yates were upstairs, talking lowly. Jaclyn cracks her eyes open, light pouring into the room and lighting every feature. The room was dusty and musty smelling, making her cough several times. She tries to suppress the cough, but it only made it worse for her. She winces as she hears the kitchen stool scrape against the floor as Ian gets up, obviously hearing her awake. Jaclyn quickly gets up and swiftly locks the basement door. She looks at her scabbed hands, the palms still healing. She sighs heavily and looks around frantically for anything that would use as a weapon, but quickly shuts the idea off when she mentally kicks herself in the gut. She exhales slowly and shuts her eyes, clearing her mind and focusing intensely, she twitches her fingers and unearths her own demon. Her fingernails start to grow at a pacing rate and she could feel her mouth broaden with her teeth. Her eyesight goes to a pumpkin orange shade, bathing everything with a Halloween vibe. She lets out a deep, guttural growl as Ian tries the handle, Yates not far behind him. “Jaclyn, sweetie, please open this door,” Ian grumbles. Jaclyn lets out a chuckle that matched her growl. She could sense Ian’s irritation and Yate’s wariness. Their emotions try to wrestle with Jaclyn’s feelings, but she quickly pushes it away. She needed to stay strong. Something tickles Jaclyn’s eyes as she stares at the door, Ian’s mind whizzing thoughts about how to get in. She does a motion in which to try to swat at her hair, but it wasn’t hair. It was a bandage that was wrapped around her head. Then everything comes crashing down on her, pushing her thoughts out and focusing on one thing. Her gut warned her something was wrong, then this man’s voice plunges into her head and says ‘go home.’ She felt herself falling to sleep and hitting her head on the cement. So, how did she get home? Was it Ian’s work? A geyser of anger explodes in her mind, seemingly guessing Ian was behind all of this. Jaclyn goes to the door and unlocks it. Immediately, Ian and Yates barge in, causing Jaclyn to sidestep before the door caught her. It swings on broken hinges and creaks as it hits the wall. Ian makes eye contact with her before he makes room for Yates to come in. She wanted to kill him on the spot, but both of them knew that Yates was there. She just couldn’t bring herself to do it when someone was watching her as this monstrosity. She catches a glimpse at Yates and breaks the eye contact first. She didn’t know why she was being obedient. Yates looks her up and down thoroughly, his eyes lingering too long on her breasts. She scowls at him and turns around to go sit down. She could feel his eyes burning holes in her as he stares at her full backside. Ian crosses his arms and stares at Yates staring at Jaclyn. He seemed to not like that action. Jaclyn suddenly blurts out, “What the hell do you want?” Ian’s gaze shifts back to her. Before he could speak, Yates clears his throat. “Miss Forerb, what a pleasure to meet you. I’m Chris Yates, you can call me Yates.” He doesn’t offer her his hand for obvious reasons but nods at her. His eyes still linger too long on her. “Cut the bull Yates, what do you want with me?” Ian and Jaclyn share a glance before she turns her gaze back to Yates. His expression doesn’t falter. “I’m your personal trainer, and before you ask anything, please let explain.”

“Explain my a*s.” She snorts but remains quiet for him to continue, curious. Ian still has his arms folded and stares at Jaclyn intently. “But first, uh, may I call you Jaclyn.” Jaclyn doesn’t respond and remains silent. Yates sees that it’s her approval. “Jaclyn, can you please retract those enhancements? It is important to have those retracted before I tell you the important details.” Jaclyn hesitates, thinking too long. Was this a trap? Even if it was, she could easily unleash the demon. Jaclyn debates then reluctantly retract them. She closes her eyes and clears her mind and thoughts. She focuses and twitches her fingers. She guessed her twitching fingers meant it worked. She opens her eyes to see both Yates and Ian staring at her. She narrows her eyes, trying to chase away their stares, but they keep on staring at her as her enhancements retract. She blinks twice to get used to the normal shade of everything and stares right into Ian’s eyes. He stares back.

“Ok, Jaclyn, now please sit down and let me ask you a few questions before we start.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, no. You aren’t going to just barge in here, tell me to retract my enhancements to make me vulnerable, and ask me questions sittin’ in a s****y chair. No way. So, how we're going to do this is I’m going to ask you questions, and you’re going to answer them. Ok?” Yates' face goes red and he shifts uncomfortably. “Ok.” He says. Jaclyn catches Ian’s eyes narrow on her.

“Ok, tell me about how you support my dad’s lunatic theories on the virus.” Yates' face seems to perk up at that. “What? What theories?” Jaclyn sighs. Ian must have kept this to himself, maybe he was the only crazy man in the corporation. “Never mind that. Now,-“Jaclyn leans into Yates ear and whispers loudly, “-tell me why you are here. The real reason.” She could hear Yates' heart start to flutter and pump harder, same as Ian’s. “Jaclyn, what do you mean? I told you he was coming to inspect your enhancements.” Ian buts in.

“Cut the crap, Ian. Tell me the real reason why you’re here, Yates.” Yates curses loudly, his face tomato red. He doesn’t respond though, which makes Jaclyn confirm he wasn’t here to see her enhancements like the scientists back at the corporation. Ian works for a science corporation known as G.E.B.I. Genetically Engineered Biohazardous Implants. The corp. has been in business for a while, working with the military and the government to discover new weapons for soldiers. Ian was the lead scientist and got promoted to the corporation’s personal Doctor. He was part of the main group of the corp.’s government group. F2R8 was the other group and G4D9 was the one he worked for. Each section or group worked on one thing only, internal implants. And when Ian discovered it, determined and fueled by the virus, he didn’t tell anyone except for a few colleagues like Yates here.

“Oh, and tell me what BW stands for.” Jaclyn cuts the silence. Yates and Ian’s eyes grow wide. The burner phone Ian had has the information about the text that Jaclyn read, but the next morning he supposedly got rid of it. “How… H-how did you kn-“

“I read everything on your little burner phone, Ian. What you were saying on the phone, what you were texting, reading, everything. I heard everything. You don’t know what you made, Ian, you-“

Alarms start to go off in Jaclyn’s head. Ian looks at her, surprised and dumbfounded. They were urgent and scary. Something was coming; like in the alley, this is what happened. She looks at Yates at sees he has his eyes closed, breathing heavily through his mouth. Something was off. Why was he like this? Nobody could hear the siren screaming in her head but her, and it looks like Yates was hearing it too. “Jaclyn!” Ian shouts. It doesn’t penetrate her mind, and she starts to foam at the mouth. She could feel a presence in her mind, like in the back of her head, waiting. Then something all too familiar speaks to her in the same, raspy voice. “Sit.” Jaclyn was not in control of her body anymore. It was like she was in a corner of her mind cowering while her body was in control of something or someone else. She could feel her body sit on the ground. She tries to move her eyes to look and finds she could. Jaclyn then tries to speak and was granted the opportunity. Who are you?

You know who I am. Jaclyn could sense a smile on the man’s lips. She thrashes her head from side to side, trying to shake the voice from her head, but the voice only gets louder as she does.

Stop. Jaclyn’s head stops, now immobilized from head to toe. Who are you!? Jaclyn screams inside her own head. This voice was invading her own personal thoughts and privacy, she could feel her memories being looked at like old family photos. What the hell do you want with me!? Stop going through me.

Oh, poor Jaclyn. You don’t have a choice. I’m your personal trainer, remember? Jaclyn’s head explodes with thoughts and emotions, receiving a soft moan from the voice. This was Yates speaking? What the hell is happening here?! She meant to say it to herself, but Yates responds to it.

Clever girl. You are one tough nut to crack. I assume you should stop fighting, and listen to every word I have to say. Jaclyn could feel a very strong impulse to lend Yates all her emotions, body, and will to do anything. But she relents with all of her willpower. Get out of my head, Yates! She screams, and a tiny part of Jaclyn could hear she screamed it aloud, but she merely registered it. Stop resisting me, Jaclyn. It’s useless, I’ve gone through everything. Quite a story you have of Ian. I’ve never experienced something like it before. You are tough, but the only person that can defeat you is yourself. Glad I caught you on a weak moment.

Yates, I swear I will rip you apart piece for piece.

As you see, Jaclyn, I know you won’t do that for various reasons, including you forming feelings for me. Maybe we should hit it off sometime? Jaclyn could feel her cheeks flush even if she wasn’t in control. She was starting to sweat in her mind. Way to go, you found everything about me. What are you going to do, kill me? Mind control me to do something terrible. After all, I know all too well why you’re here. How did you do it, may I ask? A snicker comes from Yates.

You see, we brainwashed you for various reasons, and that burner Ian had, wasn’t part of the corporation. You’ll soon find out once I’ll tell you everything. Jaclyn could feel the presence in her mind leave as if a heavy weight has been lifted from her shoulders. She flexed her fingers and appreciated every moment of it. She looks around, Ian was gone. Yates stands in front of her, smiling. “You bloody guy.” She breathes quietly, hoping Yates wouldn’t hear it. “Jaclyn, I’m your personal trainer for a reason. I was chosen cause’ I know how to BW people, and mind control.”

“It’s a shame you have to waste your time on me, Chris. I’m no more than a lab rat waiting to be dissected.”

“Oh no, Jaclyn. You are worthy of my time, very worthy.” He winks at her, and she snickers but says nothing as Yates leaves the basement. She liked Yates, his daring personality. Either it was brainwash or not, Jaclyn started to like him.

                                   ***



© 2018 Paityn Parque


Author's Note

Paityn Parque
Ignore grammar and etc, (including repeated words and phrases) Just please give me feedback. Any feedback is welcomed!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on October 14, 2018
Last Updated on October 14, 2018


Author

Paityn Parque
Paityn Parque

Puyallup, WA



About
I'm a new author, (Well, soon to be) Currently, I'm working on my very first book called Bleeding Veins, which would be an e-book. just starting to put my feet in the water instead of head-first, righ.. more..

Writing