Chapter 6: Ian

Chapter 6: Ian

A Chapter by Paityn Parque
"

A different POV from Ian's perspective, and his story reveals some hidden secrets that will have you wondering.

"

Chapter 6: Ian

 

“D****t, we lost her!” Drake screams, pounding his fist on his desk. The movement made Ian lower his head even more. “Yates went with her too,” Ian states quietly. He could feel Drake’s eyes burn holes in his head, feeling the anger oozing out of him like goo. “Him too?” Drake says after a few moments of brilliant thinking. “Yes, sir,” Ian responds. “I should’ve known…” He growls. Drake stands, and Ian follows. He wasn’t sure how plans were going, but they weren’t dead yet so that was good. Ian smothers a growl inside of him and looks Drake in the eye, something he rarely does. “Derrick followed all orders sir, they just got tricked by her. Don’t worry though, I know Jackie enough to know where she’s heading.” Ian keeps his gaze with Drake, then looks away first. “Forerb, you better know the hell what you’re doing.” Drake leans closer to Ian. “Or else I’ll have you taken care of. This is your last chance, and if you screw up like the last time I swear to God Ian. I’ll kill you myself.” Ian didn’t like to be scolded like a child, but what could he do? He couldn’t take his anger out on Jaclyn anymore, and he knew he was being hunted by her. She just couldn’t do it now with all the impediments.

“Get out,” Drake says after Ian’s silence. Ian doesn’t need to be told twice. He leaves the dark office and enters a brilliant white lit hallway. He then walks down the hall, takes a right and enters the small laboratory, where several busy people type frantically on computers. One of them, a man with big glasses and no older than Yates, stands from his desk and looks at Ian. “Sir, the vaccine is spreading almost too quick for us to handle. I’m not even sure if we could control its wildfire. Half of the population has been wiped out, along with social media. Electricity still stands though.” The boy’s voice was childish, and that annoyed Ian. He swats at the kid. “Leave. I don’t need the reports right now.” The boy scuttles back to his desk and starts to type again.

The man-made vaccine was created by G.E.B.I to help soldiers fight mental illnesses like post-traumatic stress. It was made to cure the mental illnesses so that soldiers could keep fighting under the government’s regulation. G.E.B.I was a very selfish business, but when going against rivals they had to have secret weapons to stay in business. Prototypes were made, but none of them helped. They made patients even more mental and even animal-like, causing some patients to claw at their eyes. Sometimes though, patients would act like they were cured, but after a day in solitary, they would go ballistic. Snarling at people, not using word vocabulary, and even trying to bite at people. And Ian was the big man creating the vaccine. The corporation put him in charge because of his unique set of skills, and that was before he even had Jaclyn. Ian was the only man who could find a cure, but he didn’t want that. People used to say that after he got the role, something different completely changed him. He never said much anymore, and he would always be aggressive towards people. One time at the corporation, he even punched a lady because she filed paperwork for him late.

Ian worked for years, trying to manipulate the vaccine the way he wanted it to be. And two years ago, he created the Black Tunnel Vaccine. G.E.B.I didn’t even have a damn clue what he was making too, thinking it was the same thing what they asked for. It was hysterical at some points to Ian. He presented the vaccine to G.E.B.I just a few months ago and they took it with greedy little hands, injecting half of their soldiers with it and putting them in solitary for a month. Ian guessed G.E.B.I didn’t trust his work anymore, but they were wrong. The soldiers came out brand new, no side effects or weird behaviors. And of course, G.E.B.I let the soldiers go back to their families for the Holidays, and that was when the Black Tunnel took hold of their victims. It was a parasitic vaccine, where microscopic eggs took hold of the host’s nervous system. The eggs would then hatch and would start to feed on their insides, having no control over their body anymore. The parasites then travel up the body and take hold of the host’s brain like some 1990’s horror movie. When the parasites had complete control of the body, the host’s eyes would turn a pitch black and their veins would pump black goo, which was the victim’s blood and the parasite’s saliva mixed. Ian had to clap himself on the back. It took 20 years to finish this, creating the parasites by breeding two different parasites. It took 5 years for the right combination, and then he had to test how long the eggs had to hatch in a warm environment. Now, the Black tunnel virus was unleashed upon the world at the hands of Ian. It would spread by bite, where the host would inflict infection by their own infected blood. If the victim had black blood in the wound, then they were infected.

Ian leaves the laboratory, trying to come up with ways to find Jaclyn. Jaclyn. He hated her so much, and every time he whipped her, he felt like he was seeing the presents under the Christmas tree.

Jaclyn would be somewhere in the city he supposed, from what she knows to her mindset, Ian guessed she would be there. But he could be wrong. So very wrong. And that angered him, for being wrong. He was always right, and Jaclyn always second guessed him. He hated her for that, and even her existence made his blood boil. He didn’t know why he hated her so much though.

It was a deep, unearthed feeling that made him do those things, a voice in his head. And he listened to that voice. To feed his needs, or else he would go crazy. Ian walks away from the hall and goes into an empty room with one window and a deadbolt on the lock. A low ranked man follows him, knowing what Ian was planning. “An hour.” Ian snarls at the man, but he pays no attention to his attitude. Ian enters the room and hears the steel door behind him lock heavily. The room was bare, with only the moonlight shining in and a wooden chair in the middle. He looks up at the ceiling, then down at the chair, and a snarl lets loose out of his mouth. The voice inside of him awoke deep inside, and now it was hungry. So very hungry. And Ian needed to provide what was asked for by him. The voice controlled him, and Ian allowed it with a welcoming. He sits in the wooden chair but stands right up again. The voice was calling for him now, and he needed to provide, but he couldn’t. There was nothing he could put his hands on. Nothing. Ian could feel the urgency inside of him, knowing what would happen. But he always did this, and he had to go home empty. He couldn’t keep his body in control anymore, and he thrashes. His hand starts to twitch, and he could see his vein turning a darker shade. This was the feeling he loved, and he wished it would stay forever. But he knew deep down buried in thoughts it wouldn’t. And that angered him too. Ian turns around and picks up the chair, tossing it at the cement wall and watching the splinters break in a thousand pieces. It was satisfying to him. But he didn’t have anything else to feed the voice. That hungry voice that pleaded with him, but there was nothing here. Ian starts to convulse, his whole body twitching now. He looks around once more, finding nothing but broken wood and looks at the ground, his whole body calm.

Ian starts to scream.



© 2018 Paityn Parque


Author's Note

Paityn Parque
Ignore everything... Assuming you have read the last 5 chapters, you know what I mean by ignoring (everything)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on October 14, 2018
Last Updated on October 14, 2018
Tags: pain, death, horror, love, apocalypse, suspense, monster, lust, scary, mysterious


Author

Paityn Parque
Paityn Parque

Puyallup, WA



About
I'm a new author, (Well, soon to be) Currently, I'm working on my very first book called Bleeding Veins, which would be an e-book. just starting to put my feet in the water instead of head-first, righ.. more..

Writing