The Lies I Beleive

The Lies I Beleive

A Story by Paityn Parque
"

2nd part of my short story collection

"
Staring up and into the eyes of a man was bad enough when he held your life in his hands. But staring up and into the eyes of the love of your life that simply wanted you dead was gut-churning. It tore your heart in two like it was paper, and nothing could ever be the same. "Erik," The girl wheezes, his hands clutched at her waist to hold her up from collapsing under her own weight. The pain seeped through her veins as they croaked with what little adrenaline she had left. Her brain was shutting down, and her mind was nothing more than reduced to a haze. His beautiful turquoise eyes held an eerie calm to them, and the girl knew it meant nothing good. 
   When she croaks his name again, he shushes her with his lips. It didn't make sense, especially with the girl's brain on overload. Relishing the feeling of his lips on hers when Erik broke apart, the girl could feel her body go slack under the impression of strong hands. Strong hands roamed, and she let them under the impression they were protecting her at all costs. They didn't.
   
  Taking in the last scene her mind cherished, the girl falls in those beautiful turquoise eyes, the light making them shine and burn holes in the forest floor. She felt tired; so tired. So tired to where she let her head rest against the tree and close her eyes.
      Fight.
   The word flashed in her mind like lightning, catching her attention, but ultimately failing in holding it. She moans in pain as the warmth from her vanishes, seeping out of her like a leak in a roof The knife protruding from her stomach felt numb, like a dead weight in her. The sharp blade poked and tested her tendons that were already screaming as her body. It hurt. So bad, that maybe she should take a rest. 

     Fight.
  Again, the word flashed in her mind like a blaring light. The girl felt dazed, confused, and torn between which side to choose. 
     Fight him.
   The girl didn't know who's words they were, but the words once again pounded away and chipped her invisible haze surrounding her head. Maybe she should close her eyes? Die in the arms of the man she loved? It seemed so surreal, so perfect, that the girl obeyed her breaking mind.
     FIGHT HIM!
   The words banged on her skull, crushing every ounce of deathly thoughts out of her mind like a bug. Chipping away the last of the haze squeezing her brain, pain shoots up her stomach in warm waves. She grits her teeth and uses every ounce of strength she had left to push Erik off of her and pull down her shirt. Fury blazed in her eyes as she meets the ones she once felt so safe in. But that was a long time ago, a lifetime ago.

    It was like time slowed. Seeing everything at once sent the girl's brain in overload, but it didn't stop the one blazing thing that screamed in her mind: Kill. 
     Taking in the sight of light bouncing off of Erik's face and his eyes, it made the girl's blood boil because of her ignorance. She ignored everything. And it only boosted her anger to critical. With swift actions that surprised both her and Erik, the girl grabs the knife and rips it out of her stomach. Ignoring the screaming pain that died with her soul, the girl grips the knife with white knuckles. A spurt of blood and the knife was in someone else's skin. Someone else's blood. Someone else's soul.

    Erik looks down at her with beady eyes, swimming with too much anger and hatred. He clutches his throat and gasps as blood travels out of his body, the warm ruby mixing with the soft black of dirt. It swirls like Mercury, not mixing but just, joining, and Erik found some peace within seeing his own blood on the forest floor. But what made his blood levels spike and make his heart beat faster was the girl he hated so much bend down, pain contorting her features, though she didn't wince. Bringing her lips to his ears she whispers: "Now you know how it feels to have your soul taken away from you."

  That was the last thing Erik heard before dreading darkness came and swallowed him whole.
   

© 2018 Paityn Parque


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on November 2, 2018
Last Updated on November 2, 2018
Tags: horror, suspenseful, creepy, dark, mystery

Author

Paityn Parque
Paityn Parque

Puyallup, WA



About
I'm a new author, (Well, soon to be) Currently, I'm working on my very first book called Bleeding Veins, which would be an e-book. just starting to put my feet in the water instead of head-first, righ.. more..

Writing