Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by SwagMaster
"

How Narixia got stuck on Earth in the first place.

"
That night, Narixia dreamed of the crash.
She was in her spaceship, practicing her Yuglosvian, just like it had really happened. Yuglosvian was the language was of the Yugloves, who were one of the lesser races, the ones who were too primitive to be part of the Galactic Alliance.
Like humans.
As she was flying over the planet Earth, she admired the shape and color of the planet, her ship running smoothly. Her spaceship was her pride and joy. She had built it herself, and the shiny ship was unique and wonderful. Narixia had named it Shaaraska, which, in her native language, meant 'Unique Wonder'. Small and cozy, but packed a punch. The inside had four rooms. One, her bedroom, which had a cozy little resting pool and shiny trinkets around the room. Two, the cleansing room.
Narixia didn't need to eat, digest food, or excrete food, so the small room only contained a washbasin. Third, there was the engine room, where Shaaraska's homemade engine ran smoother than any factory-made one. Lastly, the control room, full of blinking buttons and controls, so complex that only Narixia knew how to work the ship.
On the outside, the smooth surface gave no indication of its wicked weapons array. One click of a button, though, and the smooth armor of Shaaraska slid open to reveal fourteen plasma cannons, twelve energy blasters, two Electro-Bug [These bugs were created by Narixia. The electronically made 'bugs' were launched at enemy ships, were they worked their ways into the systems, destroying the ship from the inside out.] launchers, and nine photon torpedo barrels. As for defense, Shaaraska possessed an invisibility cloak [which could easily overload if used too long], a nearly impenetrable shield, and four escape pods.
Narixia remembered how she had earned all the parts for the Shaaraska by keeping watch and caring for the younger shape-shifters, cleaning up different shape-shifter family pools, and lots of other things.
On her planet, Narixia's family system was much like Earth's. Families lived together, and children could move out to start their own lives at age 555 years old [Needless to say, shape-shifters lived much, much longer than humans]. Narixia was 494 years old; but had been on her own since age 50. Even at an early age, Narixia had been destined to be special. Her mother had decided to stay home and mother her daughter, but she was known for her technical mind; she had once disassembled and put back together a teleporter, a complex piece of equipment that could transport organisms from one place to another, without even knowing what it was or how it worked.
Her father had extraordinary memory skills and adept language aptitude; he only had to hear tidbits of the dialogue to learn an entire language. Her parents had died in on trip to another planet to trade; their store-bought ship had malfunctioned, cutting off Life Support. At that age, Narixia had vowed to never, ever ride in a store-bought ship, and to never go to the Community House. Narixia's planet didn't really have a government; the people worked together in harmony and agreement. But the planet did have a Community House. 
The Community House was run by volunteers, and the purpose of the House was to house orphaned shape-shifters. The shape-shifters all agreed that orphans, whether they wanted to or not, should be sent to the House, where they would get a proper education. Narixia ran away the night, before she had even heard about her parents. She herself had dreamed about her parents' death, and had dismissed it. But the look her mother had given her that fateful day before she left had confirmed it. Her mother knew that she was going to die that day, and she had done nothing. Narixia had never understood why her mother hadn't warned her father, and stayed home with their daughter.
Bringing with her only a Mem-Pad, her and parents' life savings, and all the valuables she could find around the house to sell [A Mem-Pad was a book-sized touch screen device that could store octillions of music, videos, pictures, books, and games. So far, Narixia's family only had 400 billion books, 3 trillion videos and pictures, and 700 thousand games.], Narixia fled her home. She ran away to an abandoned pool, in the middle of nowhere, hiding out, doing odd jobs to earn ship parts, and studying books until she was incredibly smart, smarter than the average shape-shifter ten times her age. With her knowledge, she made herself a ship, very advanced for it's size.
Anyway, Narixia dreamed like it had happened. She was studying Yusglovian, when something happened. There was a flash, and a ship dropped out of hyperspace. Before she could raise her shields, the other ship hailed her. Pressing a button, the face of her good friend, Kenzra, appeared, smiling, as always.
"Narixia!" Something seemed wrong, out of place. Kenzra's smile was too big, too plastic.
"Hi, Kenzra." Narixia nodded her head and smiled back. Kenzra, and another shape-shifter called Lycra, had been the only friends to stay friends and help Narixia after Narixia's parents' death, so the two were very close. "You got your own ship?"
"Um, yeah, my dad gave it to me." Kenzra was fidgeting, a thing she never did, but Narixia ignored it, deciding it was just nervousness from riding a ship in space.
"Listen, Narixia, I need a favor of you." Kenzra fair skin was pale and sweating, her blond hair in disarray; like most shape-shifters, her shape was a human. Humans were considered a simple and comfortable shape to hold, and so most shape-shifters resembled humans.
"Uh, yeah, sure, Kenzra. What do you need?" Narixia was really confused. Kenzra was acting really weird, and it bothered her.
"I, um, don't really know how to work this ship. Could you maybe come over?" Narixia was perplexed. Kenzra's father would never send his only daughter out on something she couldn't work. Narixia, guessing kidnappers had Kenzra on their ship, switched from Shape-Shifter Tongue to Gretine, the language of the Gretyaunas, shape-shifter's closet ally. On the shape-shifter and Gretyauna's worlds, there were even a few children who were half shape-shifter and half Gretyauna.
"Kenzra, what's really wrong? Kidnappers?" Gretine slid easily off Narixia's tongue, but Kenzra panicked.
"No!" She bleated. "Nothing! Nothing's wrong!" She glanced furtively to the side, and cracked. "Run, Narixia, run!" Narixia jabbed the Shields button, but it was too late. A flurry of energy beams knocked out her shields, and, even though it was an easy fix, Narixia didn't have the time. She wheeled the Shaaraska around, going in for a landing on Earth, but not before she saw Kenzra being gripped by a Tatarana, the most violent of any race known to the universe. Her heart aching, Narixia had to remind herself that she was no good to Kenzra dead. Dodging fire from the opposing ship, Narixia shot toward the blue-green planet.
Too fast.
Narixia yanked upwards on the controls, but still the ground rushed towards her way too fast for her to make a safe landing.  
The shields were her only hope.
Diving under the control panel, she quickly saw that the shields wire had been fused to the weapons control. Cursing, she used a dranki to just melt the shield's wire's covering, the peeled the wire gingerly off the weapons control. Snipping off the entire damaged-beyond-repair wire, she ran to her spares to snag a new wire. Pulling out the small box, she frantically rifled through the wires to find a good A-16 blue wire, but found none. Panicking, she dumped the box on the ground, searching, searching.....
Finally!
Narixia held up the wire in triumph, then dashed under the control panel again, connecting the wire to the small stump where she had cut the previous wire, then joined it to the main junction, the ground a couple feet away. Reaching up, Narixia slammed on the shields, and the small ship hit, jarring Narixia 's head up against the titanium-plated control panel edge. Narixia couldn't hold her shape any longer. Dissolving, the world grew fuzzy and dark, and she slipped into unconsciousness.
In the dream, anyway. Once her dream-self had passed out, however, Narixia jolted awake, sunlight streaming through her plastic window. Groaning to herself, she slipped out of her bucket and re-took form.
Her form was one of a human, resembling a sixteen-year-old human teenager [Every shape-shifter went through the Loculus ceremony at age 100. The ceremony lasted roughly about a week, where the young shape-shifter sat in the sacred circle of Yanosh, and meditated for the entire week, changing forms at astonishing rates during the time. At the end, the shape-shifter will have found their form; a form that defined them and which required almost no effort to hold.]. She had long, shiny, dark brown hair, a slim figure, and dark violet eyes. Her door was flung open, and some scientists ran in.
"It's awake, it's awake!" They danced around, looking like young shape-shifters on their first day of education. And the whole agonizing cycle began again.



© 2012 SwagMaster


Author's Note

SwagMaster
Tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh good! I was hoping for a background to how she got into the lab in the first place and here she is! You have quite an imagination and even though I'm not much of an alien fan, I'm actually enjoying this! There was probably several spelling errors, but not enough to make things not understandable. You have a wide range of vocabulary using higher leveled words that I, somehow cannot incorporate into my writing. Overall, intirguing write ya got there ;D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh good! I was hoping for a background to how she got into the lab in the first place and here she is! You have quite an imagination and even though I'm not much of an alien fan, I'm actually enjoying this! There was probably several spelling errors, but not enough to make things not understandable. You have a wide range of vocabulary using higher leveled words that I, somehow cannot incorporate into my writing. Overall, intirguing write ya got there ;D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ATG
This was a very good chapter. It gave a good background for the main character as well as addressing how the alien got on earth. Overall, it was well written and interesting.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alright, Not a bad start, I like in this chapter how you backtracked into the setting as with the last chapter was more of a Prolouge than an actual beginning. The only grievance I had was the text style which made it difficult to read. Great story so far, Keep up the good work.
~Skela~

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 17, 2011
Last Updated on June 2, 2012
Previous Versions


Author

SwagMaster
SwagMaster

Roosevelt, UT



About
I use swag ironically so much that it's not ironic anymore. more..

Writing
NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster


NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster


NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster