Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by SwagMaster
"

This chapter describes what Narixia goes through every day.

"
Narixia knew the drill, and stepped forward, prepared to start out for the testing lab. The scientists screamed, and clustered around the door.
"Security! Security!" They piped in shrill, annoying voices. Big, burly men barged in with their guns, brandishing their 'powerful' weapons like they could actually hurt Narixia.
Yeah, right, Narixia thought as she rolled her eyes as the security surrounded her, the scientists leading Narixia and her security detail to a large room full of primitive buttons and computers, tables and testing tubes, notes and experiments. Right in the corner was Narixia's bed. At least, that's what Narixia called it. It was really a small glass, round room with a small white cot inside it. The scientists had a sign attached to the glass that read 'Experiment 9592', which was the number Narixia had been designated.
How special.
Narixia walked into the small room,  heading straight for the bed, sitting down as the scientists entered Narixia's luxurious room with scanners and hand-held devices, scanning Narixia, as if they would discover something they hadn't already discovered in the last 257 days they had been in possession of Narixia.
And yes, she was keeping count.
Narixia groaned [inwardly, of course] but patiently waited as the scientists took their own sweet time to finish up. After five hours of agonizing waiting, the scientists, concluded their search, discussing what they had found with the others. As soon as they left the room, another posse of scientists pounced, hurrying Narixia out to get their turn with the experiment.
These scientists were the actual hands-on scientists. The poking and prodding, experiments and tests, well, it could get a little annoying. But, at least it was better than the scaredy-scientists in the mornings.
Narixia was, as usual, led to a stainless-steel stand/bed that, for many years, had been scrubbed, washed, groomed, and neatened time and time again.
But no amount of cleaning could wash away the sense of all the pain, suffering, and blood that had happened there.
Nothing like that had happened to Narixia, luckily. Not yet. But she could feel the scientists' anticipation, their eagerness to slice her open, like a male Tatarana boy the day before his manhood ceremony. To everyone that was not his kind found the ceremony to horrid to even discuss, but to him, it was a great honor, and could not wait for the ceremony to begin.
Seating Narixia on the metal table, the scientists began bustling around, taking samples of Narixia's essence, tapping and poking with objects, and even stretching and squeezing Narixia to see how far she could go. Uncomfortable, yes, but at least it was something to do. This went on for a very long time; it usually lasted about the same as the first project. After that, Narixia would be shuttled back to her room to wait for Jane.
Narixia imagined herself years from now, or what she could have been if she hadn't been captured. She would be old, happy, married, probably, with some little shape-shifters running about. But now.....
A thought struck Narixia. If she kept this up, she would be here the rest of her life. Or have her life cut short by these scientists. Become just another stain on that wretched table.
She had to escape.
And she knew exactly what to do.



© 2012 SwagMaster


Author's Note

SwagMaster
Please review!!:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I know this was posted in February, but I'm surprised your'e not getting as much views, because really, I like this book. It's a genre that not most read, but still it catches your attention once you read the first chapter and leads you to full out adventure. Being a fan of all those M.R. books, I know I'm going to enjoy the rest. Oh yeah, take your time on the books you chose. I typed and printed MOTD and it was about fifty pages- so take your time and don't kill yourself reading it in one time period. DLITM is shorter and not finished so yeah... as for this book - I'm loving it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I know this was posted in February, but I'm surprised your'e not getting as much views, because really, I like this book. It's a genre that not most read, but still it catches your attention once you read the first chapter and leads you to full out adventure. Being a fan of all those M.R. books, I know I'm going to enjoy the rest. Oh yeah, take your time on the books you chose. I typed and printed MOTD and it was about fifty pages- so take your time and don't kill yourself reading it in one time period. DLITM is shorter and not finished so yeah... as for this book - I'm loving it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
1 Review
Added on February 25, 2011
Last Updated on June 2, 2012
Previous Versions


Author

SwagMaster
SwagMaster

Roosevelt, UT



About
I use swag ironically so much that it's not ironic anymore. more..

Writing
NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster


NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster


NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster