The Men In White Suits

The Men In White Suits

A Story by L0v3craft
"

Magical Realism

"

Note: Ah, here's a little something I wrote in my journal entry for my Creative Writing I. class (in my Junior year in high school) when my teacher told us to write down at least four to five mundane things we do as daily routine. We then had to use those things we wrote down in the list and create a story with them, using "Magical Realism". Magical Realism is basically a form of a writing technique used in stories that take everyday things and exaggerate them with imagination (a perfect example is J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series).

 

The things I wrote down and used in the story were:

-Pizza

-Peanut Butter

-Toilet Paper

-Video Games

 

The Men In White Suits

I was making a peanut butter sandwich while talking to a moldy slice of pizza when all of a sudden men dressed in white suits came into my house, one of them holding a straightjacket.

"Alright, Angel, the game's over! Time to take you to the loony bin," one said.

"Hey! You all just tracked mud into my house! I just cleaned the place," I hollered.

"This is a box, not a house."


"What? Darn it! I bet the government set me up," I mumbled.

The men then were eaten by my giant bunny named Fred, whose appearance is so grotesque and too horrific that even words dare not to attempt to describe him in literature, and I went to use the restroom on my great grandparents' bed. A little girl with a funny accent gave me toilet paper and asked, "Do you think that I can be in a video game?"


"Shut up! And keep that toilet paper coming! I got a turtle-head poking out!"


The little girl died, so I went to sleep on the couch in my house, which really did turn out to be a box from Timbuktu.

Heh, guess those men dressed in white were telling the truth, I thought.


"Does this dress make me look fat?" Captain Jack Sparrow asked as he modeled in his pink bikini for me.


"Eh...drop about five pounds...and then we'll talk," I flatly said.

He then angrily stormed out of the room. "Women!"

 

 

***


Thanks for reading! Hope you---


Men in white suits from the Psych Ward: There she is! Get her!


Angel: Uh-oh! *Runs away while flailing arms high above head like the lunatic she is* Wowu-wowu-wowu-wowu!!!!


You: How come you wrote Jack asking if he looked fat in the dress but then change it to where he's wearing a pink bikini?


Angel: How come you question my method of writing inaccurately that's used purposely [and solely] for the randomness displayed in this story? Was I wrong to assume that the reader had enough intelligence to figure that out by him/herself? Here's a little advice: go buy a toaster. *Slaps you in the face with a penguin*

 

 

And here is a drawing I did of my beloved Fred

 

And yes, I deliberately made him look all fucked-up :]

© 2009 L0v3craft


Author's Note

L0v3craft
Ignore grammar and all that--this is old and I don't feel like fixing it anytime soon. It was all good fun, that's all. God, I miss that Creative Writing class... XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What a bizarre, yet original piece! Also, I found it quite thought-provoking. Indeed, there is sometimes something to be said for the strange or bizarre, I find. Such narratives can challenge the conventional views, and influence others to experiment with new themes or styles. In addition, such writing can be more interesting to read (as in this case).

By the way, I did wonder why "Fred" is so grotesque, actually. After all, this creature is supposed to be a mere bunny! Your Author's Note did help me to make sense of this curious piece, by the way. Thankyou for sharing this with us, Paranoidschizoangel!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i hope you got an A for this. i've read several of your pieces on here and really enjoy the absurdity and surrealism of your work. there aren't a lot of people who write in that unique vein. it reminds me of samuel beckett, eugene ionesco, franz kafka, only with a little better sense of humor. finding your page was a treat.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Fred's not looking so good.

Funny. Worth my time, haha. I had an awesome Creative Writing class too. Best ever, definitely.


Posted 14 Years Ago


What a bizarre, yet original piece! Also, I found it quite thought-provoking. Indeed, there is sometimes something to be said for the strange or bizarre, I find. Such narratives can challenge the conventional views, and influence others to experiment with new themes or styles. In addition, such writing can be more interesting to read (as in this case).

By the way, I did wonder why "Fred" is so grotesque, actually. After all, this creature is supposed to be a mere bunny! Your Author's Note did help me to make sense of this curious piece, by the way. Thankyou for sharing this with us, Paranoidschizoangel!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Duh ... okay, that was weird, kind of XD Amusing in all its absurdity^^
I couldn't recognize any deeper sense, but I guess that wasn't intended ;) You have Creative Writing at school? That's so mean! I wish we would do such things ... we only go for boring grammar and interpreting the classics.
I'm not sure if I should give you some advice on that story since it is quite old and you might know anyways everything I could mention here.
... But I'll say it, though, and will try to keep it short.
There are only a few descriptions. This story basically consists on sequenced actions, but that's of course not everything a story should have. Elaborate the surroundings, the setting! And describe those action more. Your prot seems to be quite passive as well, but he's the main actor so there should be at least some thoughts of his.
Another advice I can give you is not to mention your teacher's name here (or anywhere else on the Internet). Data privacy and so on.
And by the way, I really like Fred's picture

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
4 Reviews
Added on June 18, 2009
Last Updated on September 6, 2009

Author

L0v3craft
L0v3craft

NPR, FL



About
"I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, .. more..

Writing