The Establishment - a plot overview

The Establishment - a plot overview

A Chapter by ParkerTheWriter

This is a tale that chronicles the life and death of a man, Bertrand Bailey, and his daughter. Yayoi Bailey's coming-of-age, in a land of total control of it's populace. They live in a land called Sacra, the land of the sacred, ruled by the Establishment, a line of families ruling in power cycles of 20 years . This type of government is called an Oligarchy.

An Oligarchy is a form of power structure in which power effectively rests with a small number of people. These people could be distinguished by royalty, wealth, family ties, education, corporate, or military control. Such states are often controlled by a few prominent families who pass their influence from one generation to the next.

The ruling families of Sacra are; Augustus, Eden, Isis, Otto and Ulrich. The oligarchy of families came into power in the 1990's after the failed revolution of the United States of America. The Forerunner, Edwin Augustus was the start of it all. He controlled for the first 20 years. While in control, he shaped his control structure to what it is today. Augustus was the sole innovator of this. It was his idea to not only have multiple families in control cycles, but he also chose those families and urged them to breed future leaders.

Part - I
Throughout the first part of the book, Bertrand records thoughts and events in his journal, which is later found by his daughter after his death. This journal is what influences Yayoi to fight against the Establishment with the teachings and philosophies of her father. Yayoi joins/forms a militia to fight the armed forces of the Establishment.

At some point in the story, Yayoi come across a substance, DMT, and smokes or injects it. After this, a detailed account of the trip and her thoughts. The trip allows her to see passed the barriers the Establishment had built using the Council of Propaganda.

to be continued..


© 2013 ParkerTheWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on February 4, 2013
Last Updated on February 13, 2013


Author

ParkerTheWriter
ParkerTheWriter

Augusta, GA



About
I enjoy reading philosophy. It's become one of my favorite reading materials. I'm very politically minded, often thinking of the faults and f**k ups of the world rather than the positive things in fro.. more..

Writing
ME ME

A Story by ParkerTheWriter