Forever-ness

Forever-ness

A Story by Kakuta

“Don’t go, Mika. We’ll fight it together, I promise.”

 

Mika grasped his hand tightly, making the veins in his arm bulge but he wouldn’t have broken that grip for anything.

 

“It can’t last. You know that. Anything we do won’t last,” and, under her breath, she added, “not in this world, anyway.”

 

He broke away from her grip and looked directly in her eyes. “What are you saying, Mika?”

 

“When we’re done, when we"die,” the last word escaping as a whisper, “we’ll be together forever.”

 

A long moment passed, then Mika swallowed and continued, “Jonas, a few days, a few years, a few decades, even. None can compare to forever.”

 

“Never,” he whispered, “I’d rather have a few days now with you than having to wait. I don’t want to wait, Mika. Please don’t make me wait.”

 

Mika closed her eyes. “I’m"sorry, Jonas.”

 

She turned away, partly to hide from that pair of honest brown eyes but mostly to hide the tears welling in her eyes. “You said it was my choice. And I choose this. Good-bye, Jonas. I’ll see you again when we’ll have forever to be with each other.”

 

“Mika"“

 

“Good-bye Jonas,” she said, with finality in her tone. She started to walk away.

 

“It’s not a forever-ness of love that you’re giving me,” Jonas whispered, barely loud enough for her to hear, “it’s the forever-ness of loneliness before the love comes.”

 

Mika had no reply to this so she pretended not to hear. She continued to walk on.

 

© 2010 Kakuta


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on December 22, 2010
Last Updated on December 22, 2010
Tags: Love, Fiction

Author

Kakuta
Kakuta

Australia



About
I don't know much about me so I can't really write about it here. I like finding out who I am through writing. more..

Writing
Trapped Trapped

A Story by Kakuta


Misplaced Trust Misplaced Trust

A Story by Kakuta


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kakuta