The World is an Empty Place

The World is an Empty Place

A Story by AiH

The world is an empty place. Its forest filled with deer and fox, painted with evergreens and pine cones. There is no magic in this world. No fairy’s, no werewolves, no goblins. The only monsters in this world are human. Flesh and bone filled with rivers of veins and pulsing blood. It’s a lonely world, your only friend is the reflection in the broken mirror on your night stand and even then, the very sight of her fills your body with disgust, growing from your toes to your skull. Sure, you have the passing acquaintance, someone to grab a coffee with or cheat your math test off, maybe even share a laugh with from time to time. But none of that matters because they never stay. Human are preoccupied with superficial things which causes their attention span to shrink according to the newest trend. It’s a lifeless way to live and  to live that way is to live lifeless. You try to find magic in a world like this, create a world full of adventure. It can be exhausting trying to find your place in this world. You search and search in a sea of monsters wearing “people masks” but you never find that magic you search for, you never find peace. This life in this world is empty, nothing left behind but empty shells of consciousness. The creatures you see on the streets, driving their cars and riding their bikes resemble, to the naked eye, human beings. They smile at each other, revealing crooked teeth and acne scars but there is nothing below the surface of their faces. I don’t even think they know how empty there are, they live their lives feeling full but that feeling is nothing more than over indulgence of self-absorption. This world is an empty one, but not because its lacking any chances of discovery, but because the people who roam its surface is lacking the motivation to discover it. 

© 2017 AiH


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm sorry you feel this way darlin hopefully one day you'll be able to see there is more and there is beauty and emotion

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Added on March 14, 2017
Last Updated on March 14, 2017
Tags: story, fantasy, creature, life, change, obsession, technology, addiciton

Author

AiH
AiH

About
A 24 year old and her internet journal. more..

Writing
The girl The girl

A Story by AiH