Prolouge

Prolouge

A Chapter by GirlWithAStory
"

Just the beginning of a teenage Werewolf and Vampire that are thrust into the catogory Brother and Sister

"
      I bit my nail watching the TV screen with unbelievable concentration Sarah moving around the kitchen cooking something I couldn't tell. The girl was hiding under the table tears sliding down her face as the shadow moved by her hiding spot I shoved more popcorn in my mouth a swallow "he's gonna get her he's gonna get her!" I whispered frantically taking a deep breath. "RAAAAAAAWR!" someone grabbed my shoulders and shook my like a rag doll sharp nails digging into my shoulder. I screamed loudly and flipped the popcorn bowl onto the perpetrators head and dove away from the couch. Laughter fallowed my actions loud and clear and I turned and paused my movie.

"Drake!" I screamed in frustration baring my teeth at my step-brother who was howling with laughter. He grinned at me his dark red almost brown looking eyes filled with joy and his long fangs were shinning in the light from the kitchen. I growled letting my claws out and my own fangs appear. When he saw my normally blue eyes turn golden he paused and turned and darted down the hallway. I screamed and rage and hoped over the couch pouncing and pinning him to the floor. He shouted and hit my cheek and I punched him in the stomach. "you wanna go!" I growled at him "Anytime little sister!" he yelled I scratched his face when he shoved me onto the ground. "What's going on in here!" Susan's voice echoed and my Dad's footsteps were just around the corner. 

"Drake!" Susan yelled "Cassie!" my father paused eyes wide and I shoved my brother off. Oh your probably wondering about the whole fang and eye thing yeah you see we would have to flash back all the way to 2 months ago when everything started.

"Dad were are you going it's zombie movie night remember" I blinked confused a bowl of popcorn and a remote in another. My dad looked in the mirror and tightened his tie and then turned to look a me his black hair slicked back. "Sorry baby I've got a date tonight I won't be able to watch the movie maybe next Wednesday and don't you have homework?" he asked. I frowned at him and stared him down "Dad it's summer vacation. And Wednesday night is our thing! First you divorce mom and now this! What other promises are you going to break!" I shouted "Honey I know your up set but this is good for the family" he smiled at me.

"What family you took me away from mine!" I dropped the popcorn bowl and remote and turned to the stairs "Cassie it was for the best!" he shouted but I covered my ears and slammed my door. I flopped onto my bed and wrapped my arms under my pillow I wasn't going to cry no no way. Glancing at the picture on my night stand I wrapped my hands around it a woman with golden blonde hair and baby blue eyes in a green strapless dress that flowed to her feet tan skin and a white smile, a man in a black suit with green eyes and black hair had one hand on her shoulder, and an 14 year old me between them my mother's arms around me and my fathers hand on my shoulder. My dirty blonde hair and blue eyes were coming from my mother and my whiter skin from my father I had a white jacket or a dark blue strapless dress.

Rolling onto my back i smiled and ran my thumb over the frame "I miss you mom" I sighed and turned my head as I heard the car start getting up I walked to my window and watched my Dad drive away he didn't return till midnight. I heard him open my bedroom door and kiss my forehead I opened my eyes to watch him leave my room. A month later Dad smiled hopefully at me and put the car in drive "I think you'll like Sarah and this will be good for you" he smiled "I can't believe you got engaged" I crossed my arms straightening my leather jacket and dark blue skirt. "We have been dating for 2 years I think it's okay to engage someone" my Dad hunched his shoulders as he pulled up to the apartment complex.

We buzzed in and Susan smiled at me her brown hair was wavy and she had slightly red eyes making me tilt my head and tug on my white blouse. Susan was dressed like she just got back from work pencil skirt and all. Loud rock music was blasting behind one of those doors "Drake come out!" she yelled and the music was cut and the door swept open and i felt my self sag. Great a brother "So your Cassie?" he strolled out a messy gray t-shirt, brown, cargo pants, and skate shoes his hair floppy and brown and his maroon/brown eyes glaring. I glared and he grinned his fangs now shown I took a step back "Your joking right? They're-" my dad cut me off "I know Cassie we're getting married Drake's going to be your brother" he waved "Older by 3 months" he smirked I glared.

The next time I saw Drake was at the wedding and it was swimming with his kind and mine and let's just say we did a good job at avoiding each other until we went home when I found my stuff in boxes being moved into a truck and my cellphone wrung with Drakes stuff "This is your fault!" he yelled into the phone 'MY fault? I don't wanna move either!" I slammed my phone shut and prepared for the move to the large house in another town.

"Drake get off your sister!"Susan yelled pulling my brother off of me "What happened?" Susan asked "I have a werewolf for a sister" Drake looked at his mom "Hey who found you after you fell in the creek?" I pointed to my noise he stuck his tongue out "Dinners ready get your buts in there" my Dad pointed I grumbled and shoved past Drake with my dad at the head and Susan on the other Drake and I sat across from each other so we could kick each other under the table I looked down at my plate and gagged into my hand "Do we have to eat a vampires meal" I almost chocked "I thought you liked stake?" Susan looked confused "not swimming in blood!" I cried "You seem to really like it during the full moon" Drake smiled evilly. "That was the worst night ever and completely your fault" I growled "Sorry you looked hungry" he laughed picking up his cut stake and placed it in his mouth.

"Dad!" I turned but half of his was gone he looked at me sheepishly "Honey it's okay you use to eat it when you were little" he supported I stared as Drake began to laugh "Ugh!" I threw my napkin on my...bleeding dinner and stormed to my room. Slamming the door I lay down face first on my pillow a few minutes later my door opened "here wolfy, wolfy?" a certain someone whistled "Go away Drake" I glared angrily though I'm sure it was muffled by my pillow "Okay so I ruined you movie and may have burned your dinner trying to fix it but can I at least not have my head chewed off?" he put the plate on my night stand I raised my head "Yeah what ever" I took the plate and took a bite of my stake "didn't burn it to bad" I muttered but he was distracted "Is that your mom?" he asked "Yeah I miss her a lot" I sighed "You ever call her?" he asked "She killed a couple animals one night and on the full moon she accidentally murdered someone she's to embarrassed to answer my calls no one knows but me and my Dad and you" I sighed.

"Oh my Dad and my mom got into a lot of fights and divorced 5 years before she married David" he sighed flipped open his phone and held it up to me a man and his mom I smiled "Must suck" I smiled before it dropped "Yeah" He sat by me and gave me a one armed hug and I hugged back "No one speaks or hears of this" he smiled "Agreed I will not use this as black mail" I started eating again and before I knew it the steak was gone "You finish your homework right?" he asked looking at me "yeah why?" I looked at him "I need to copy your social studies" he answered looking ahead "no get out" I handed him the plate and shoved him from my room.    
 


© 2012 GirlWithAStory


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on August 31, 2012
Last Updated on August 31, 2012
Tags: werewolves, vampires, step-siblings, parents, re-marrigage, fights


Author

GirlWithAStory
GirlWithAStory

Chicago , IL



About
Hi I'm GirlWithAStory I'm 13 years almost 14 my favorite animal is a wolf and I love Black and Red. I really like Country Music (born in Texas duh), hip hop, dubstep, and punk. I like reading, writi.. more..

Writing