All good things come to an end

All good things come to an end

A Chapter by Pax-san

I’ll always remember that day; sunny, not a cloud in the sky. Stocking  shelves in the apothecary was my task for the day, finally getting a break from the usual task. I knew nothing about medicine but he loved it...and I loved him.

They raided Central Moon that day; where most of the Lunarian resided.

Grabbing whoever was in sight, they scavenged, killed, and abducted people. The Deities, however, did their best to hold them off while we escaped the moon. They wouldn’t get captured, they’d parish before being taken by the enemy.


I wish he could’ve came with me.


“Get to the ship and take these with you.” a young man said shoving a book bag of medicine in the girl's hand. “Go, before they get close, you need to hurry.”

“What about you?” The girl questioned, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “You’re coming with me? Right?” The man stayed quiet, looking down at her, biting his lip he didn’t want to say no but he had to.

“Go.”

“No.”

He pushed her a little towards the ship, but she quickly turned, standing her ground.

“Nalah!”

“NO! I’m not leaving you!” she screamed strongly gripping the arm of the man. He looked at her in awe, empathy, regret.

“You have to go. I’m sorry Nalah, I’m sorry I have to make you relive this.”

“No!” The man endured her blood curdling screams for a while now, trying to force her on to his air ship. “Pleease Rajad! Please. I can’t be alone again. Please.” Nalah cried. The tears gushed out her eyes, she could barely form words over her sobs.


He didn’t have to. I wish I could’ve convinced him that he didn’t have to go. But he was set on helping those in need, he was a doctor, and all he wanted to do was to help the world that was in the process of falling apart, he just didn’t want me falling apart with it.


“You need to get on the ship. There isn’t a lot of time to spare right now Nalah.” Rajad stressed as an explosion went off in the distance. The explosions seemed to get even more violent after periods of time, then calming, the wind whipped after each one. In the midst of Nalah’s sobbing and Rajad’s reasoning they both heard a child’s cry. They both walked towards the crying, seeing a little girl with a rock crushing her leg. Rajad lifted the rock, and picked the girl up, placing her in Nalah’s arms. He looked her in the eyes, with a smile. The little girl gripped Nalah’s shirt tightly from pain and whimpered. “You aren’t alone.” He said. Nalah looked down at the girl then back at him. “I love you, with all of my being. I hope to see you again. ” Rajad smiled, kissing Nalah’s forehead.

“Why...?” She asked looking up at him. “I’m not moving, until you agree to come with me.”

Rajad sighed; his eye’s lit up along with the crescent moon on his forehead. He raised his hand, Nalah and the girl was enveloped in a white glow. They levitated off the ground and floated slowly back the the ship.

“Stop! NO! Rajad come back! Don’t do this!”

“I’m sorry.” He apologized. Once she entered the ship, he forced her hand to click the “Close hatch” button. She tried to fight it, with all of her might, but she was no match for her friend.


Before the hatch closed she heard him whisper in the wind, “Stay golden.”



Chapter 1: All good things come to an end

-Post 1 year-

Nalah placed containers filled with mysterious liquids into a cardboard box. A girl next to her then marked the boxes with a emoji “^_^” logo then writing “Traveling Apothecary” as a title in cursive. Nalah glanced over at the girls writing noticing an improvement.

“Your cursives getting better Panya.” Nalah commented.

“Well I learned from the best.” Panya winked. “If it wasn’t for you, I’d be completely illiterate.”

“It only takes time. We had plenty.”

“A year in fact.” Panya added. “By the way, where are we taking this medicine?”

“Trisdale.” Nalah replied. Panya stopped writing her cursive, and gave a surprised expression to Nalah.

“Trisdale? That's a planet fighting in the war you know.”

“Yeah.” Nalah said expressionlessly.

“What do you mean yeah? You’re the one who avoids business with planets that are at war with the Remian; and now you want to go to one with said ties.”

“Trisdale's army is helping other planets. Remember, it’s like Central Moon but stronger; especially being that it has twice if not more than the population of Central Moon.” Nalah stood. “They, more than any planet I know, have a chance at least to keep themselves safe. I feel comfortable going there, since they seem to have enough strength at home that they can defend abroad.”

“Hmp. Maybe we can stay there for a bit.” Panya suggested finishing her cursive on the last box.

“What? No.”

“But you said it was safe.” Panya whined.

“Yeah, to drop shipments off. Not to stay a whole day. This system is the closest to their evasion routes, if they weren’t paying so much money for this medicine, we wouldn’t be here.”  Nalah stated. Panya rolled her eyes and placed the boxes on a cart next to her.  Nalah proceeded towards the driver's cabin of the ship and sat in the seat. “Prepare for take off.” She looked back and noticed Panya’s sour facial expression. “And fix your face. Trisdale boys don’t like a sour puss.”  Panya sighed, and mimicked Nalah in a low, obnoxious tone.

“Trisdale boys don’t like a sour puss.”

“What was that?”

“Nothing!”


The ship landed in the Trisdale docking station, slowly leveling itself with the ground. Nalah stepped out of the ship, taking a deep breath of the air, then exhaling. Panya slowly emerged from the ship, pulling the cart carefully.

“Let's get going.” Nalah commanded.

“Gotcha.” Panya replied, following her friend through the crowded area full of many species. They ventured out of the docking port and into the city. As they proceeded, Panya caught sight of boy selling seafood. His hair was in a bun, and he looked worked to death but happy with what he was doing. He was “cute” for a Trisdale boy. He had a sense of normality, something she felt she lacked in life now. Panya then noticed she was falling behind and sped up her pace.


Entering the drop off desk in city hall, the two were greeted by a woman with a floral headdress on. She wore an inviting smile as Nalah approached her.

“Hello and welcome to the City of Labien within the planet Trisdale. How may I help you this fine afternoon?”

“Hi, I would like to drop off a couple of items.” Nalah spoke. As Nalah conversed with the lady behind the desk, Panya ventured off to the travel pamphlets not too far from the drop off desk. She crouched down, glancing at one of the pamphlets.

“Napala falls, the Trisdale Clocktower, Jumbelos Cove, City of Labien.” She read. “Wow, this place looks really nice. I wish I could visit one of the hotspots.” Panya sighed in defeat letting her head hang. She then looked back up, noticing the pamphlet floating up from the shelf and levitating over to Nalah’s hands.

“Jumbelos Cove seems nice.” Nalah said lowly.

“Huh? Yeah.”

“I guess we can visit...” She complied. Panya’s eyes lit up with excitement, jumping high into the air and landing creating a circle of dust to push away from her.

“First!”

“First?”

“I want seafood!” Panya declared.


“One order of fried Carpal!” The boy shouted to the cook in the back.

“Yeah, yeah.” The cook responded in a raspy tone.

“Hey, Marco. You think I could make enough to get an airship someday?” the boy asked.

“You ask me this everyday Wally.”

“It’s to keep a conversation going. Can’t have a dry day with me.”

“Yeah, yeah. I’ll give you the same answer I give you all 370 days of the year. Not a chance.”

“Marco, if you think like that, I’ll definetly not have a chance. Believe in me would you.”

“Tah, yeah ok. When fish fly.”

“Uh, have you seen our ocean? Try pigs, they’re pretty ground bound.” Wally chuckled.

“Pigs? Hmp.” Marco placed the plate of fish on the counter and rung the bell. “Carpal, order of 1.” He shouts, a person scurries to take it and walks off.  Panya and Nalah approach the stand. Panya looked at the boy with a flirty smile and blush sweeping over her cheeks. Nalah catches a glimpse of this and says, “Control yourself would ya.” Wally chuckles at this and addresses the two girls.

“Hello ladies. What would you be having today?”

“Let me have, two orders of Salmon.” Nalah ordered.
“For here or togo?” He asked her.

“Here.”

“Gotcha. Two orders of-”

“I heard, I’m right here you know.” Marco grumbled starting the order. Wally laughed, and Panya squealed from delight, both from Wally’s cute laugh and from her getting to feel normal.

“So, you gal’s live around here?” Wally asked trying to make small talk.

“No, we’re just visiting.” Nalah answered.

“Yeah. Only for today, then we have to go deliver some stuff in the next solar system.” Panya added. Wally gave a surprised expression.

“Wow! So you guys travel? In an airship?!” He asked leaning over the counter more and more. Panya nodded excitedly. “Tell me, how much does it cost to get one of those beautiful, majestic, babes that take the sky and space?”

“Uhm? Are you into airships in some weird sexual way? If so, I don’t think I wanna help you complete that fantasy of yours man.” Nalah replied.

“What? NO! It’s just, my sister used to teach me before she went off to fight. I’ve been interested ever since.” Wally said, placing plates in front of the two girls. He took bundles of forks and knives from the top shelves and placed them at the sides, idly waiting for Nalah to reply to him.

“They could range from 50,000 kelos to 100,000 kelos. They get pretty expensive. Mines was given to me in a time of crisis so I can’t tell you where to get them.” Nalah sighed. Wally slouched in defeat.

“Salmon!” Marco shouted startling Wally, who quickly turned around to give a response.

“Jesus Marco you tryna give me a heart attack?!” Wally huffed. He heard a giggle come from Nalah, glancing back to see her face.

Cute.



The girls finished up the salmon, and left on a full stomach. Panya took one last look at the Wally before leaving being that she wasn’t going to see him again. She was used to this already; she barely made friends in the beginning, eventually learning to just not make any at all. It was better that way. Even though she was gifted with a phone, there was no point; although she did have one friend, used to. It was her longest relationship with someone other than Nalah. It lasted a month before they just lost contact from being too far from each other.

“I can’t believe you agreed to letting us stay for a bit.” Panya cheekily stated.

“Yeah well, you deserve a break from all this work every now and then.” Nalah replied. Nalah looked at the pamphlet which had a map to the hotspots. She carefully looked at what street she was meant to turn down.

“After this what are we doing?” Panya asked.

“Looking for a mechanic.”

“What? Why?” Panya questioned.

“The airship has one of its boosters busted. It was when I let a little someone have their turn at working it.” Nalah glanced at her, referring to when she tried to teach Panya how to pilot.

“Look I’m-”

BOOM

The air wiped from the impact of a bomb not too far from the city. Suddenly Nalah had flashbacks of Central Moon. Where she lost everything. Tears threatened to escape her eyes as Panya pulled on her arm. Nalah covered her mouth and started to crouch. She was Panicking.

“No! Nalah c’mon!” Panya shouted.


BOOM

Another bomb was dropped behind them, it seemed be hitting around the city. Panya thought for a bit,

They hit the west, now they hit south...! It’s a trap! They’re trying to trap us so they can take us!


Panya looked at Nalah, who was without a doubt dealing with some major PTSD. As scarey as it was to see her older counterpart weep in fear, she had to do something. Panya placed Nalah’s arm over her shoulder and began slowly but surely, guiding her through the crowd of panicking people.

“Let’s go Wally. The stand isn’t as important as our lives.” Marco told his worker, who blankly stared at the destroyed stand.

“I’m gonna miss this place.” He replied.

“I will too, but we have to go.” Marco repeated. Wally nodded and followed his boss.

“AH!”

“Nalah it’s ok! We’re almost there!”

Wally turned around to find the two girls from earlier, the smaller one helping to taller one walk.

Maybe she was hurt, he thought.

 He looked at Marco, grabbing his arm and causing him to halt.

“I’m going to help them. Can you do me a favor?” Wally asked. Marco looked around in a frantic fashion being that they were in such danger yet they were so still. He nodded. “You’re old, so they won’t take you. Can you please find my mom? She’s at the hospital. Keep her safe for me please.”

“Yeah...ok.” Marco replied, watching Wally run off to the two girls.


Wally ran out and lifted Nalah in his arms.

“Where are we going?” he asked.
“To our ship. They’re trying to trap us in. Where’s the Trisdale army?!” Panya questioned.

“You say that like I would know?!” Wally replied.

“Good point. Follow me!” Panya shouted.

As the three entered the airship, Nalah caught sight of the species that invaded her moon and many others. Robbing her of her comfortable life style, and someone she cherished.


They stood with pride of what they’ve done.




© 2016 Pax-san


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so awesome! I'm hooked. I like how you created such a detailed world for the story.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Added on November 16, 2016
Last Updated on November 16, 2016
Tags: interstellar, war, teenagers, universe, galaxy