She returns with only half of what she left with

She returns with only half of what she left with

A Chapter by Pax-san
"

Pluto is added back to the planetary alignment, with minor set backs.

"

Chapter 1: She returns with only half of what she left with.


This universe is a vast place. Dangers float around in this void as much as heroes do.



“Jupiter! We can’t keep this up!” Neptune shouted, skin tinted blue grew a darker color at the cheeks due to exhaustion, and purple hair pulled into a tight bun with a braid as a crown piece. Her staff in contact with the ground, hand gripped around it, creating a force field before the black hole aiming to destroy them.

A thick bodied woman laid on the ground surrounded by those who are known as Earth, Mars, Venus, Uranus, Pluto, and Saturn. Jupiter and Mercury stood together outside the force field; a rope bound the two together to keep one another from falling.

“I know Neptune, we’re working on it!!” Jupiter replied. “How’s Sun holding up?”

“Not so good...” Mar’s replied, his eyes filled with doubt looking down at their fallen leader.  The wind held Jupiter and Mercury tightly to the globe like force field like a suction. Mercury spotted a twinkle in the distance, and it soon came into view as a star sprite.

“Starry eyed friend?” She questioned. Once realising it, she held her arms out, catching the star sprite, and holding it close. “Starry eyed friend! Oh my, this black hole is getting to the stars! We must end this, before our whole sky goes out.” She cried.

Venus stood, eyes fury red, her hands gripped into fists. She walked to the front of the force field, Neptune grabbed her shoulder.
“What are you doing?” She asked.
“I’m ending this.” Venus grunted.

“And how are you doing that? Jumping straight in? That’s the dumbest thing you could ever conjure up Venus, stop thinking with your emotions and use your brain for once. We cannot lose you at a time like this, because you’re frustrated.” Neptune replied.

“Urgh!” Venus turned to Neptune. “Then what do you think we should do?! Let all the star sprite fly in, loose our whole galaxy because you can’t handle losing a planet!”  Their eyes stayed locked on each other intensely.

“You’re not strong enough.” Earth stated. Venus turned to him.

“Excuse me?!”

“You can’t make it crash in on itself, I promise you it won’t work.”

“Why?” Neptune asked slowly glancing at Earth.

“Venus is too worked up to focus.” They said.  “ If you go into your Orbit state, you’ll lose control of yourself. Plus, you are too big, the only thing you are useful for is catching the star sprites.”

“True.” Neptune said. Venus looked up, then turned to the black hole.

“Then what now?” She grumbled. Earth ran their fingers through their dark blue dreads. They were stressed just as much as the others. They watched Saturn and Uranus try to get Sun to wake up; Saturn used his rings to try and ignite fire using gas. Uranus did the same although he wasn’t as helpful being that he primarily controlled water but he was able to use gas to his advantage. Pluto looked out noticing a shiny crowd of stars flying towards them.

“N-Neptune!” She called.

“What?”

“The stars! Their coming in fast!” Pluto shouted. Neptune looked back spotting the huge crowd. This could be the end in her eyes.

“Jupiter! What do we do?”

“I’m working on it.” Jupiter shouted as he crawled up on the top of the force field. Mercury stayed on the back of the field, with her body turned to diamond to hold Jupiter better.

Jupiter put his hand down into the field next to Mars.

“Huh?” Mars questioned.

“I need your wind.” Jupiter said. Mars grabbed Jupiter's hand and he pulled him up out of the field, holding on to him tightly. “Just do whatever you can, to keep them from getting too close.” A light pink rushed to Mars’s cheeks and he nodded. He rubbed his hands together and placed them close to his mouth to create a wind tunnel. A gust of wind came after and pushed the star sprites away, but only for a distance, they came back as soon as the winds stopped. “Keep going.” Jupiter shouted. Mars did as ordered to keep the stars safe, but it was too no avail due to strong gravitational pull of the black hole.

Neptune tightened her grip on her staff as she panted. She slowly fell to a knee gasping for air. Uranus looked up and noticed her state.

“Neptune?! You ok?” He shouted.

“No.” She gasped. “I can’t hold this anymore. I’m gonna pass out.”

Suddenly, the field broke, Mercury threw her hand into the ground whilst in her Diamond state, still holding on to the Star Sprite. Jupiter now held Mars by his leg, and Mars had Uranus by the arm. Uranus held Earth by the hair,  Earth had Neptunes hand; Neptune had Venus’s leg, and Venus had Pluto’s collar. Saturn used his rings to hook Neptunes staff that was still in the ground, and he held Sun tight to him not too far from the others.

“S**t! OW!” Earth yelped.

“Hang on loves!” Mercury shouted. Jupiter glanced back noticing the rope breaking. He closed his eyes, sad to say what must be said.

“We need to end this!” Venus shouted, before Jupiter could say anything. “This gotten too out of hand, there’s only one way to end it, you all know theres only one way to end it. The stars are coming and we can’t lose them. We need to do this.” She shouted.

“We know.” Pluto said. Venus looked up.

“...”

“It’s pretty obvious isn’t it. I have to go. I’m small enough in my Orbit state, and I’m the last one on the line.” She looked back. “I’ll end it. Don’t worry Venus. I’ll end it.” Venus’s eyes widened, regretful of saying anything she held tight to Pluto’s shirt but felt the line get closer to the hole.

“Pluto...you don-”

“I know.” Pluto smiled. “Let go when I say.” She shouted. Her eyes started to grow larger, with the veins beginning to show. Her hair started to turn a copper color at the end, and she started to glow. “It was an honor, but it seems I’ve reached my end.” Pluto then gave a final salute, then said. “ Let me go.” Venus did as told, with tears flowing away towards the hole. Once making contact with the hole it immediately exploded. Venus along with everyone else flew back, tumbling into the ground.

The smoke settled. It was silent with some sounds of rock hitting the ground.

Venus lifted herself. Tears rolling down her face.

“D****t.” She grunted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-7 years later-


        Seven Years is a long time. I can’t remember the last time I was awake...but I feel like I missed something. But I don’t quite remember, I’ve been alone for so long. I don’t even remember who I was, or used to be.

        In the magenta sky, the entire city watched; a white light glared as a Meteor flew out of it and into the forest. Confused, startled, and curious, a couple of teenage stars decided to go check it out. Looking at each other for assurance of weather it was a good idea or not, all three nodded and headed off.

“I don’t know man, what if it’s an alien?” One said, he had a red scarf around his neck, glasses and an uneasy look on his face, trotting passed the trees.

“Pshh. Yeah ok, aliens will definitely invade the Milky way.” The girl replied sarcastically.

“C’mon, Lester, there might be some cool junk in that crash.”  One replied with a blue baseball cap on his head, backwards and a jean jacket. He popped his gum bubble, and continued to smack it as they walked through the trees. The girl twirled, her red and black dress moving with the wind, she grabbed Lester’s hand. Her smirk curled like a crescent.

“Well, I guess it could be an alien.” She snickered. Lester shivered at the thought, the girl pulled Lester forward to advance further.

        Finally they reached a gaping hole, trees were shoved aside; sticking their heads over they spotted a woman laying in the center, with multiple scratches and bruises.

“Is she dead?” Lester asked voice uneasy. With no response he asked again. “Geneva? Will?”

“Gee man, how are we supposed to know? I can’t see anything anyway.” Will grumbled.

“Why don’t you ever wear your glasses? I think you look nice with them on.” Geneva smirked, pinching his cheek as a playful gesture. Will rolled his eyes and dug his face into his crossed arms. Geneva squinted her eyes and looked closer. “Uhm? That…looks like a Planetarian…or I believe.”  

        Lester looked closer as well, noticing the woman's features. His eyes widened to see Geneva was right.

“Oh my! It’s…well…I’m not sure.” Lester jumped the edge of the crater and glided down to the end. Geneva nudged Will, who pulled his head up like a weight grumbling. She gestured to go down, then without thought grabbed his hand and pulled him down into the hole. Meeting up with Lester, Geneva placed her chin on his shoulder and asked,

“So? Is she dead?”

Lester didn’t answer. He didn’t know much about Planetarian life span. He reached his hand out, daring to touch her face, checking to see if she was cold. She began to scrunch her face, slowly opening her eyes to partake on her surroundings. Seeing the Star sprites she made no expression.

“Am I...dreaming?” She asked drowsily. “Is this real?”

Surprised and flushed Lester replied, “Uhm..yeah. Are you ok?”

“Do I look ok?” She asked. Geneva pushed her way through to say, “Are you a Planetarian?”

The girl nodded. Geneva squealed at this and grabbed Lester’s hand. “We should take her to the capital. They’ll be happy to have a new addition. And we’ll definitely get rewarded!!!”

“Uhm, I mean yeah sure. But she looks pretty beat up.”

“If she can walk, we take her to them. If not, we bring them to her. I mean, we can’t just leave her here.” Will spoke. Lester looked at the woman, who now sat up.

“Take me to who?” She asked.

“The others. Come! They’ll be happy to have visitors.” Geneva pulled the girl's arm. “Let’s abscond to the Eastern Capital!” She pointed her finger to the sky and took a heroic pose.

“Abscond? Gen where the heck did you get that word from?” Will asked climbing out of the hole.

“Lester. He has a lot of neat library books around his room.” Geneva smiled. Will rolled his eyes and continued to walk; with Lester as a guide, the Planetarian followed. They walked through the city, catching countless glances and stares from other sprites, in curiosity of why a couple of teens were leading around a Planetarian. Geneva walked singing the song “It’s Not Unusual.”

Arriving upon a medium sized house, decorated with red flowers that glowed, it surrounded the perimeter of the house.

“Hey...I thought we were going to the capital?” Geneva asked.

“I’d thought she'd be more comfortable here. Besides, why would she want all that attention?” Lester answered.

He walked up to the stairs of the house and knocked. Two voices escaped through the door.

“I got it Saturn.”

“It’s not like I was going to move anyway.”  

When the door opened a pudgy boy greeted. He scratched his ginger curly hair, his freckles were scatter around his cheeks and goggles hung from his neck. His eyes opened, forming a surprised expression as his eyebrows rose.

“Pluto?” He muttered.

“Yes?” She replied raising an eyebrow. He ran to her and embraced her tightly, causing her to tumble back.

“Saturn! Saturn come out now!” He shouted. Another boy ran out in a panic, blurting out the words, “Mar’s what's the get up?!”  He pushed back his swirled orange-red hair and within seconds made the same expression as the boy before. Mars looked back and smiled a cheeky smile.

“She’s back.” He said on the break of tears. Saturn gently let out a laugh, replying with ,

“Well would you look at that.”


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Pluto sat awkwardly on a couch with Mars and Saturn before her. Lester sat on the floor playing with Mars’ DS, Will and Geneva looking over his shoulder.

“I can’t believe the Black Hole didn’t destroy you! This is amazing.This gives us new information about the unknown! What happened to you?! Were you dissected then put back together? Did you go to another Dimension? Is this another Dimension? What was it like? Was it pitch black? Was there a whole new world there? What did you see? Could you even see? Could you hear anything? Was there anyone else there?” Mars asked rising out of his seat as he went. Saturn grabbed Mars’ scarf, pulling him back to the couch.

“Down boy. Breath for a second.” He said. Doing as he was told he took a breath, he noticed the cuts, gashes, and bruises on her face, arms, and legs. Grabbing her arms, worriedly he blurted, “Are you ok?!” Pluto looks at her arms . “Doesn’t it hurt?” She shook her head. Mars pulled Pluto up and dragged her to the bathroom, Saturn followed close behind. Hearing the closing of the door, Geneva questioned,

“Did they just go into the bathroom?”

“I’m sure they’ll be fine.” Will popped his gum.

“Hard left Lester! Hard left!” Geneva shouted, pointing at the screen.

“I know I know!” Lester replied anxiously.


Mars wrapped Pluto’s hands in bandages and placed bandaids on her cheeks. He chuckled, looking over at Saturn. Saturn rolled his eyes. Pluto, in confusion asked,

“What? What’s so funny?”

“Oh it’s just, it reminds me of when I used to take care of Saturn when he got hurt. I don’t need to now though, he knows how to take care of himself. Lucky him I keep the cabinets stuffed with medical supplies.”

“You might be the only one.” Saturn mumbled.

“What you mean?” Mars looked back in question.

“Everyone else's house I’ve been too almost never has any.” He replied. Mars rolled his eyes, and placed focus back on Pluto. He just smiled.

“I bet the others will be ecstatic to see you. Actually, I’ll tell them you’re here. Phobos, Deimos?” Mars called. Two petite girls walked in, they were very small, and held hands as if they couldn’t be separated. “Tell the other Planetarians that Pluto is home, kay?”

“Yes Mars, we will do that right away!” Phobos pulled out a square device her and a phone pad projected transparent in thin air. They dialed the number and a dial tone was heard. Sun then picked up along with everyone else. “Mars?” Phobos spoke gesturing to the call. He took the device, with it on video chat, showing him in the middle of Pluto and Saturn.

“Hey Sun, what’s up? Guess who I found.”

“A couple of teenage star sprites rather. They found her.” Saturn corrected.

“Woah Pluto!”

“What?!”

“Pluto!”

Everyone in surprise turned their attention to their cameras. Sun’s window began to expand, taking up the screen.

“Pluto, is that-” Saturn snatched the device from Mars.
“Come to our side of the solar system, we can have a welcome back party for the gal. Party starts at 9, don’t be late munchkins.” Saturn smirked, ending the call. He tossed the device back to Mars. Mars looked at Saturn surprised, mouth open in surprise, eyebrows raised.

“You really think they’ll be here by 9?” Mars questioned.

“Yeah why not?” Just as Saturn said this loud knocks from the front door travelled violently through the house. After a minute of silence Mercury’s voice could be heard.

“Boys let us in! We must see our old friend!” To this Saturn replied,

“I don’t know, it’s not 9 yet, it’s 8, the house’s a mess, we gotta-”

“OPEN THE F*****G DOOR OR I’M BREAKING IT DOWN!” Venus shouted with rage.

“We should-” Mars started.

“Yeah!” Saturn said running for the door.

Once Saturn approached the door it was busted down, the bolts and screws shot out like bullets, Saturn laid on the ground helplessly. There stood Venus in all her glory, huffing and puffing like a stopped train. She kneeled down making eye contact.

“I told you I would break it down.” Venus snickered.

“Get off!” Saturn grunted pushing her off. “I told you to come at 9. You guys are real earl birds.”

“Yeah and you're the worm. Sup breakfast.” Venus grinned.

“So you said Pluto was here?”  Sun asked sashaying to the front of the crowd of 6. Mars nodded, shoving Pluto up in front to see. Sun’s serious expression crumbled when setting sight on her lost friend now found. She slowly walked up to Pluto, and embraced her, tears started to stream down her face as she uneasily said, “It’s nice to see you again.”

“N-Nice to see you too. Uhm, not to be rude but...who are you?” The group confusingly looked at her. “I don’t really remember, I mean, you do have some familiar faces but, I can’t really...tell.” Sun stumbled back tripping, having Mercury catch her.

“Hnnng.”  Sun’s face drooped down.

“Oh my.” Mercury said. Venus sprinted in front of  Pluto, a gust of wind hit the others. Venus looked in Pluto’s eyes. A minute passed with nothing but pure silence, Venus kept her eyes locked on Pluto.

“Any day now.” Sun sassily spoke. This comment made Venus want to speak.

“Do you...remember me?” She spoke with shakiness in her voice. Pluto shook her head slowly, she said “I remember your face though. Pretty vividly actually.”

“That’s the last face you saw anyway.” Saturn muttered. Venus slowly turned her head towards him.
“What was that ring boy?! I’ll split you in two, keep testing me!”

“Your comebacks are starting to get lame. Seems I struck a nerve.” He mumbled.

“Saturn.” Mars spoke interfering the two. “Look, it’s obvious we can’t crowd Pluto with all this stupid drama from the past, she’s here now so who cares. Eventually she’ll get her memory back.”

“Mars is right yet again. I suppose, we can decipher what she remembers over time and, we’ll just re-teach her everything she used to know.” Sun sighed, still lying in the arms of Mercury who was keeping a soldier like stature.

“So I guess she’s staying here then? With us?” Saturn smirked, glancing towards Venus. Venus’s face turned a shade of red, as she boiled with fury.

“W-What?! No! She can’t stay with them. I’ll take her! She’s mine. Right Earth!?” Venus spoke pulling Earth in by the collar. In a confused, and unaware response Earth said. “Sure?”

“Oh please, do you really think Venus is capable of handling another person in her house. The only person who can stand her is Earth, don’t put Pluto in that hell.”  Neptune interfered.

“Interesting fact, Pluto’s name actually means Hell-” Mars interrupted in a normal tone lifting a finger up to signify he was speaking. Then all in unison the group cut him off shouting,

“Not now Mars!”

Resulting in everyone bickering at eachother, Sun was finally having enough of it. Saturn and Venus were bound to tear eachother apart any day now, and when Venus was done with Saturn she’d surely go after Neptune, but Neptunes asking for it.

“LOOK.” Sun said in a powerful tone. The room bickers stopped immediately, Sun now on her feet, took a powerful stance in front of the group. “She stays...with, Saturn and Mars.” Venus rolled her eyes as Saturn crossed his arms and grinned. “Is that ok with you? Pluto?” Her tone changed to delicate to refrain from frightening her. Pluto nodded, and Sun continued to speak in her previous tone. “This may not be final, Pluto is free to switch houses whenever she pleases. But, as of today, she is apart of squad #4.” The uneasy expression settled on Venus’s face as she so desperately wanted Pluto to be with her. Neptune rolled her eyes, and Jupiter kept his same content face. “With that, I’ll be leaving. As will all of you.” A collective groan came from those who did not live in the house. “Let’s go, C’mon, give her some space. She doesn’t need to be around all of you scatter brains at once.”

“Hmp. Only two at a time I see.” Uranus yawned. “I’ll catch up on some sleep and see about dropping by.” Uranus wrapped his arms around Neptune and dropped his head down on her shoulder. “Guide me home please.” Neptune rolled her eyes and proceeded out the door along with everyone else.

At that moment Saturn turned to Pluto, and a point of realization was made. Pluto was very small. Like 4 feet tall compared to him who is like 6 feet tall. Saturn used his hand to pinpoint how small she really was, and was amazed that the top of her head only reached his chest. Pluto only stood there in confusion seeing Saturn's flushed face accompanied by a goofy grin.

“So smol.” He chuckled.




© 2016 Pax-san


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on November 16, 2016
Last Updated on November 16, 2016
Tags: Universal crisis, planets, space