Prelude

Prelude

A Chapter by A Simple Peace Of Writing
"

This is the prelude of my book, if you enjoy it, share it to others and give feedback! I will post the first real chapter if people enjoy this!

"

Melody of the Word
Prelude
    The morning sun shone through the windows, into a room that seemed to belong to a little boy. He felt the beams of reach his eyelids, still shut as he tried to continue to sleep. The young boy turned over and grumbled about it, going into his covers a little more. As he slept peacefully in his bed, he dreamed of all sorts of random things, whatever came to mind. The boy went from being a brave knight, to a famous athelete, but his favorite thing was being a musician. He loved music. The boy always wanted to learn how to play guitar, he had even been trying to save up to buy himself one, but it often felt as though it was impossible to save up the right amount of money. That didn't make him lose his spirit though, he was going to continue to try until he had the right amount. Suddenly, the boy began to twist and turn in his bed. He was beginning to hear his name called, but he didn't see anyone around. He was still in the middle of the musician dream, thinking he was recording his newest song, but no one else was in the studio. The name calling began to get louder.
    "Hidekazu.... Hidekazu..." the voices called out.
    The boy, apparently named Hidekazu, began to worry, not sure what was going on in his dream as things were beginning to grow dark, and ominous. Suddenly, his body began to shake, feeling hands that didn't exist on him. He was more worried than he was from just the name calling, was it ghosts? The boy couldn't take it anymore and tried to make himself wake up, shutting his eyes and opening them back up. It took a few tries, but he finally woke up. He looked around in his room and saw two figures standing over him. They were his parents.
    "Good morning, Hidekazu," the mother said with a cheery grin, "Happy birthday!"
    "Happy birthday, son." The father said, while patting him on the shoulder.
    Hidekazu grinned from ear to ear, completely forgetting the dream, and remembering that today was his birthday. He had just turned ten. He was curious why his parents were waking him up so early though, as he looked over at his alarm clock, noticing it was thirty minutes before he had to get up for breakfast. Before Hidekazu could ask though, his parents stepped away from the bed, spliting apart to reveal a guitar. His eyes grew wide from astonishment. His very own guitar. He was so excited, that he launched from his bed and swiped it up, looking at the strings and base of the guitar. Hidekazu couldn't be happier at this point in time, his dream finally came true. He placed it back on the stand and ran up to each of his parents, who seemed to have had their hearts touched that the boy enjoyed his gift so immensely, and hugged them tightly.
    "Okay, Hidekazu, sweetie," the mother said kindly, "go ahead and play your guitar, I know you are very excited. Your father and I will go get breakfast finished and call you out when it's done."
    "Okay," Hidekazu said happily while going back to the guitar, after the hugs were done, "Thank you, mom! Thank you, dad!"
    The parents smiled once more then left the room to make breakfast. Hidekazu took his guitar again and noticed a book behind it. As he took up the book, he noticed that it was full of guitar chords and songs. He figured this would be a good place to begin for now. So he walked over with his pint-sized guitar and his book of chords to his bed, and sat on it, as he began to work on playing, trying to understand the first chord. A 'C' chord. It took a moment to get the positioning right on his fingers but he eventually played it. It didn't sound too bad, at least to him. He felt invigorated as the guitar strings twanged the lovely sound,. Soon, before he knew it, forty-five minutes passed by and he learned three whole chords! He felt so proud of himself. Suddenly, he heard his name called, expecting that breakfast was done. Hidekazu placed the guitar back on the stand with the book next to it, as he started to leave his bedroom. He was a little upset that his entire family wasn't here for the day. His little sister was put into the hospital today because something strange was going on with her health. He didn't pay too much mind to it though, because he was also excited that he was going to see her today. That's all that mattered to him at the moment, see his little sister who he loved. As he entered the kitchen, he got a seat at the table. His father brought a nice plate of pancakes, eggs, and bacon and placed it in front of Hidekazu. His own little birthday breakfast. It didn't take long for him to dig into the delicious food. Then, he heard the phone ring. His mother was the first to get to it, greeting who ever it was with a cheery tone and a smile. She was such a happy woman most of the time, that he was shocked when he saw her mouth drop, and fear consumed the look in her eyes. The father was quick to notice this and swiftly walked over, asking her what was wrong. The mother turned her back away from Hidekazu, in order to be able to not let him see her mouth the words, 'It's the hospital..."

By Jordan Godkin
7/10/2014


© 2014 A Simple Peace Of Writing


Author's Note

A Simple Peace Of Writing
Hope you didn't mind the cliffhangers! >:D Also, a note, in case if anyone got confused at the C Chord part. C Chord is an actual chord for a guitar, I would know since I play myself. If there are any other confusions in this, let me know! I will be happy to clarify!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on July 11, 2014
Last Updated on July 11, 2014
Tags: japanese, story, asimplepeaceofwriting, jordan, melodyoftheword