In the moments that slipped by...

In the moments that slipped by...

A Poem by Relic's Bare Trees

                                                                                             

Each moment that slipped by
past my attention,
was a spiritual gift
I never noticed.

© 2022 Relic's Bare Trees


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This seems to me like and epiphany moment and the issue right there is that the stereotype surrounding that concept is so wrongly understood and assumed. Most think it to be a moment of eureka! and as a consequence then you have to be a transformed person and go on and about doing the most maazing things when in fact.... Let me share with you a writer i like a lot by the name of William thought : "a frozen moment when everyone sees what is at the end of the fork". To me this is one of those moments.

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


Relic's Bare Trees

9 Years Ago

Interesting, thanks.
This could easily be those thoughts that cross a man's mind before either divorce or death.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Relic's Bare Trees

9 Years Ago

Good point. Never thought about the divorce part.
Matching Socks

9 Years Ago

Happy I could offer a different point of view.
Well, I'm not really 'happy' I could I guess .. read more
This quiet poem seems to stop time, even as moments are passing. At the same time, it evokes a hurried necessity to grasp the beauty of minutes as they pass by. The message in this verse is a paradox, for you notice the spiritual gifts that you are not noticing. I think THAT is what makes time stand still within this melancholy but hopeful free verse. Lovely images at your profile, BTW.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Relic's Bare Trees

9 Years Ago

I appreciate your review very much, thank you.
It is the gifts of the spirit that are often those difficult to discern - we may be aware of them within us, but to appreciate such gifts requires discernment and wisdom. There are many who live a lifetime and have yet to find the grace, or mercy, or wisdom, or prophecy, or helps and teaching that dwells within the temple of their soul!

It is well when one does and is led to convey to others that which has been gifted to them!
Wise words my friend!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Relic's Bare Trees

9 Years Ago

Thanks very much for this review.
Wow … you brevity work is breath-taking.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Relic's Bare Trees

9 Years Ago

I appreciate that, thanks.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

599 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 26, 2014
Last Updated on March 24, 2022


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..